What's your Religion

nicon

Nobody talked about Islam ey? So I'm a Gnostic theist. Seriously, these Greek words are just meaningful because all your beliefs are based on the Greek culture apparently.

I hope I wouldn't be abashed by @Albatross again. ^^

I don't know how bad this makes me sound, but... I like the argumentative nature of this particular topic.  I know that religious beliefs should be challenged.  Most of those that avidly practice any sort of organized religion, are usually surrounded by like-minded individuals.  To have people with confilicting ideologies argue, can be productive to all the parties... when done right. 

I have to agree with OlekKing on a lot of his posts, but I don't have to like that manner in which he he is posting... which is not so bad, but is confrontational.  Maybe confrontation is what is needed to get the conversation started.

Indoctrination is a huge gripe of mine.  To teach children about god, send them to Sunday school and then by the age of twelve or so... ASK them to decide whether or not they believe.  They don't have a choice.  The people they trust the most have been grinding religion into their lives, their whole lives.

No. Being confrontational is not how you start discussions. It belittles the person's stance and makes them look like a child.  It is like clamping your hands over your ears and screaming over the other person. It is counter-productive and idiotic.

But I agree on the value of debating/questioning things. But it is hardly ever done right and serves no purpose at that point.

Naw, just Portland. 

Portlanders Unite!

No offense, but dude, you sound so angry towards people, just sayin'! 

Please, just ignore him. He itching to start something. He is a troll. 

Also I want to move to Portland. It looks great there. :off-topic

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

What does 2 refer to according to religious people?

He means "too" as in "I like chicken, too". :)

At least that's how I took it... :P

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I was actually intentionally using bad grammer to sort of thwart attacks against grammer in this thread.  I just want clean ideological discussion. =)  Damn emotions getting all up in here.

I love your sig, the bit in green everybody should read.

Why thank you! :D

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

catholic and pope francis just visited us

cool

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Horseism :)

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I have no idea.

I know you meant too but I'm instantly referring to 2. ^^

For example, heaven opposes hell. Two elements. Life opposes hereafter. Two elements. Sorry if it sounds a bit childish, however, do you believe in those elements? 

What could you say of what is going to happen after death?

I know you meant too but I'm instantly referring to 2. ^^

Yeah.  So what is the freakin' answer damnit?!?

:)

I'm an igtheist, also called a theological non-connectivist. 

I can't see how the comcept of a deity can make sense, since the idea doesn't add up in terms of logic or empirical reality.

This of course makes me an atheist, but it put some reason behind my position, and explains why I have yet to accept the existance of a deity.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

No. Being confrontational is not how you start discussions. It belittles the person's stance and makes them look like a child.  It is like clamping your hands over your ears and screaming over the other person. It is counter-productive and idiotic.

But I agree on the value of debating/questioning things. But it is hardly ever done right and serves no purpose at that point.

Please, just ignore him. He itching to start something. He is a troll. 

Also I want to move to Portland. It looks great there. :off-topic

Someone who agrees... *hugs*

im only replying because ive turned a troll to a helpfull friend before... i almost have hope. xD

Dont move here.

well... idk.

Its a big city with that small town feel, and lots of hipsters. Lol.

Food is great. Internet speeds are around average for america and if you're gay or have a dog you're frikken worshipped her. xD

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

6 million people attended his mass in the open while raining hard

Ah... just something to do.

At least that's how I took it... :P

lol yeah, I somehow dislike chicken only for the smell.

Yeah.  So what is the freakin' answer damnit?!?

:)

What could you expect after death?

Hey I answered it on the post you quoted just now. :P

I love your sig, the bit in green everybody should read. 

cept it should be 'affect' rather than 'effect' @BurgerBum  :)

6 million people attended his mass in the open while raining hard

damn lol

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

cept it should be 'affect' rather than 'effect' @BurgerBum  :)

Again, my second language, never cared to get things perfect or straightened out because i dont really need it.

I could just make everyone on LTTforums learn acchren.

Albiu shrunnj klin

sie fonrei shrunnj bissr

clombintiin assacross

those three sentances mean the exact same thing, verbatim. Have fun. xD

-Jim Hensen

well... idk.

Its a big city with that small town feel, and lots of hipsters. Lol.

Food is great. Internet speeds are around average for america and if you're gay or have a dog you're frikken worshipped her. xD

People are generally nice in the NW too. Everyone who visits here from East coast say how nice people are. Also, imagine being able to go to the beach, go hiking, go snowboarding, hunting, fishing all within a couple hours. 

Oh, and Beer. Lots and Lots of beer. 

Also, its pretty cheap to live here. Fine dining, high end food can be had for very cheap. (read: $50 for 2 people is pretty high end here - yet it's very very good.)

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

People are generally nice in the NW too. Everyone who visits here from East coast say how nice people are. Also, imagine being able to go to the beach, go hiking, go snowboarding, hunting, fishing all within a couple hours. 

Oh, and Beer. Lots and Lots of beer. 

Also, its pretty cheap to live here. Fine dining, high end food can be had for very cheap. (read: $50 for 2 people is pretty high end here - yet it's very very good.)

True. *Pronounces it twoo because im very tired now.*

-Jim Hensen