More than 80% of Americans support the idea of mandatory labels for food containing DNA...

That Norwegian Guy

Source/ full article: io9

A recent survey conducted by the Oklahoma State University Department of Agricultural Economics found that 80.44% of respondents supported a government policy mandating labels on foods containing DNA. Yes we are talking about the genetic material contained in every living thing known to science and practically every food.

Chemophobia is also brilliantly lampooned by the Dihydrogen Monoxide Research Division, a satirical scare-campaign that rebrands water as Dihydrogen Monoxide. Inspired by this, Ilya Somin of the Washington Post imagines what a DNA food label might look like:

WARNING: This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA). The Surgeon General has determined that DNA is linked to a variety of diseases in both animals and humans. In some configurations, it is a risk factor for cancer and heart disease. Pregnant women are at very high risk of passing on DNA to their children. 

Careful around that nasty DNA, kids.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

80.44% of people who have no clue what they are being asked and said "Yes" so the caller could hang up and they could go back to watching "SISTER WIVES"....... 

HDAY.png

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

uhh

THATS CLEVER

do  they also need labels to carry the warning "may contain food inside" too?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

And we're not supposed to make fun of the USA when this kind of shit happens all the time?

I wish Sagan was still around. I don't even find it funny at this point.

114.gif

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

uhh

THATS CLEVER

ROFLMBO :lol:

They just might you know! :P

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Maybe they'll have to do it for cans of drink too.

"May contain liquid inside"

LOL :D

@ShadowCaptain

So who wants to head to Antarctica in our own gaming society to not deal with things like this.

We got going on small island in PNW

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

We got going on small island in PNW

Can you get there by vehicle? If so I might be headed on over. :P

SNIP

Warning may contain high percentage of dihydrogen monoxide, a leading cause of drowning

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Can you get there by vehicle? If so I might be headed on over. :P

We have paddle boats so no, but its just to be green. While paddling 10 miles from Vancouver you charge batteries that help run the computers. 

We also run seawater through our custom loops

Spoiler

I think if you ran that survey you'd probably get similar results regardless of what country you were in.  Although some countries are more concerned with actually having food rather than the quality of it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

This deserves one of these:

post-14986-0-57953800-1421658469.jpg

This isn't a joke?

this is serious,  The survey they do has an array of ad hoc questions at the end and one of them was this.

some others were:

A tax on sugary foods: 39% yes 61% no

A ban on the sale of raw milk unpasteurized milk: 59% yes 41$ no

Mandatory origins labels for meat:  86%yes  14% no

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Lol I was thinking that the title was too long and I was missing something.

That is so incredibly dumb. Labeling food that doesn't contain DNA would be much easier AND more useful to know.

Lol I was thinking that the title was too long and I was missing something.

That is so incredibly dumb. Labeling food that doesn't contain DNA would be much easier AND more useful to know.

Man you're missing the point...

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

uhh

THATS CLEVER

Reminds me of something that is on the box of milk I have in fridge... Milk - Warning! Contains milk!