The Creator of Hotline Miami 2 to Australians: "Just Pirate It"

In an email screencapped by a reddit user, Jonatan Söderströmm, co-creator of Hotline Miami, has told Australians that if they want to play the recently banned Hotline Miami 2 they should "just pirate it"

If it ends up not being released in Australia," he wrote,

"just pirate it after release."

"No need to send us any money, just enjoy the game!"

Devolver currently has no plans to challenge the Classification Board's ruling on Hotline Miami 2, despite claiming that the Board was wrong to refuse the game classification. As per Devolver's official statement:

"We are concerned and disappointed that a board of professionals tasked with evaluating and judging games fairly and honestly would stretch the facts to such a degree and issue a report that describes specific thrusting actions that are not simply present in the sequence in question and incorrectly portrays what was presented to them for review."

At this stage it is looking unlikely that Hotline Miami 2 will be officially released in Australia.

Z84eDVa.png

ugepizhq5nwn1vgfdb9v.jpg  hlm2logo-640x282.png

Source :  http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/01/hotline-miami-2-developer-to-censored-australians-just-pirate-it/

This better not be a repost , i checked everywhere 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I mean, if people truly can't afford it or are for some stupid reason banned or just have no real access, pirating is not all that bad. I watch all kinds of TV shows I can't get access to.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

"Everyone should pirate games." Jonatan Söderström, 2015.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Fucking governments. See, in accessibility causes piracy!

Edit:
@DEcobra11 I know, I can no longer post, only edit. I just need 10 more likes to also have 888 of those. Then I'll just have to leave the forums

Well past 888 likes now :D

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

It's funny because even people that could just buy it are gonna use this as an excuse now.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

It's funny because even people that could just buy it are gonna use this as an excuse now.

Doesn't change the fact they still can't buy it 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

That is quite something for a company to advise people to pirate their game. It clearly shows that piracy isn't caused by greed, but the plain BS the customers don't want to deal with.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

Doesn't change the fact they still can't buy it 

you missed his point.

He only gave Australians permission to pirate if it does not get released here.  

Also if the publisher gives permission for people to download the content then it is no longer piracy.  It's a gift or gratis product.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Still tempted to buy it over a VPN, devs like that are what the gaming industry needs. Plus the fact that those who control what people can and can't see are pretty much told to jam their censorship (banning Miami Hotline is censoring it) up their asses.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

This makes me want to pay for the game even more. Hell, I'll buy it at full price and then buy a couple extra copies to gift to my brothers and friends that don't know about the game.

This is the kind of company that this industry needs more of. Kudos to them!

PC: CPU - FX 8350 @4.5 Ghz | GPU - 3x R9 290 @1100 core/1300 memory | Motherboard - Asus Crosshair V Formula Z | RAM - 16 GB Mushkin Redline 1866 Mhz | PSU - Corsair AX 860w | SSD - ADATA SX900 256 GB | HDD - Seagate 3TB 7200RPM | CPU Cooler - Noctua NH D-14 | Case - Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935

Peripherals: Monitor - ASUS VN248H-P IPS | Keyboard - Corsair K70 | Mouse - Corsair M65 | Headphones - ASUS ROG Orion Pro

Why would you link kotaku instead of the original r/pcmasterrace post that they just copied and pasted.

Why would you link kotaku instead of the original r/pcmasterrace post that they just copied and pasted.

Because maybe he read it off Kotaku first and not PCMR and thus simply linked that? 

You're going to complain about not giving the proper source when reddit is involved, the epitome of bad sources and reposts? 

i don't use reddit nor do i follow it , sorry 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Because reddit may not be the only source, and while reddit may be a source for many media outlets, we still in theory rely on media to verify content before publishing it. 

Also the OP may not be a reddit user like many of us.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

That is so cool. :D

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Wow. Poor Australians... But yay for the owner letting them pirate it SINCE they cannot get it legally. :D

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Because maybe he read it off Kotaku first and not PCMR and thus simply linked that? 

You're going to complain about not giving the proper source when reddit is involved, the epitome of bad sources and reposts? 

But, kotaku just took a reddit post and wrote a story about it without verifying it, any problems you have with reddit simply transfer. Hell, kotaku is *less* trustworthy than reddit, more likely their content was paid for, though this is very unlikely in this case i admit.

I would just buy a nother copy of the first game and then pirate the second one, to make sure the dev get's their money. I loved the first game, and I can't wait for the second game, although I'll probably take forever to get around to playing it once it actually comes out. :P

hey that dev just earned my respect.

Did you play HM? You should be respecting them for their awesome fucking game! :D

I mean, if people truly can't afford it or are for some stupid reason banned or just have no real access, pirating is not all that bad. I watch all kinds of TV shows I can't get access to.

i don't get the "if you can't afford it, it's okay" argument.. if you can't afford a burger you don't get to eat one for free.. the same goes for basically everything 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

i don't get the "if you can't afford it, it's okay" argument.. if you can't afford a burger you don't get to eat one for free.. the same goes for basically everything 

You should. Like if you live in africa. I meant extreme situations, if you can afford it with cutting the burger then it's not right.  :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

That dev is quite cool:) Poor Australians though...

"It's ok to murder and mutilate thousands of human avatars, but raping one... no rape is NOT fun!" - rating boards everywhere, especially in Australia... Get over the fact that people procreate, have sex organs and use them sometime against the will of others... Seriously...

One would expect that rape would be a greater offence than murdering another human being, if we were to replicate this.