Your Family Member's Computers!

My older brother has 8150 and 7950, my mom uses my old q6600 desktop, and my father uses the 2 laptops he got for his job

And my dad has a NAS

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Both my mom and dad use Lenovo W series laptops. I'm not sure of the specs, but they are the recent models, and knowing my dad, they have SSDs.

My sister use a 2014 Macbook Pro

My grandparents use a somewhat old cutome build PC- It fits their usage scenario perfectly.

My wife use a dual CPU x58 system (soon to be upgraded to x99) with some old Firepro cards.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Both my mom and dad use Lenovo W series laptops. I'm not sure of the specs, but they are the recent models, and knowing my dad, they have SSDs.

My sister use a 2014 Macbook Pro

My grandparents use a somewhat old cutome build PC- It fits their usage scenario perfectly.

My wife use a dual CPU x58 system (soon to be upgraded to x99) with some old Firepro cards.

Ur wife has some beast rig there. Apart from TastyPC, i dont know any females who have a hardcore rig 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Managed to convince my mom not to dump 2k on an imac. She only needs to do internet browsing and office work. Luckily best buy was selling a  23-inch touch screen Lenovo all-in-one with an AMD A8 APU, 8GB Ram, and 500GB HDD for about 600$.
You guys think this was the right choice? I put alot of trust into AMD quad core APUs within the 500-600$ range when it comes to prebuilts. For her work load, I think this will be pretty future proof. 

They have terrible Aspire One notebooks that struggle with literally everything.  I think they are from '07, maybe '09.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Mum - 2011 MacBook Pro 13", dual core i5, 750 GB HDD, 4 GB RAM running Mavericks

Dad - 2008 Macbook, Core 2 Duo, 160 GB HDD, 2 GB RAM, running Snow Leopard

Youngest sister - Acer Aspire S3 that I'm surprised is still working. Core i3 CPU, 500 GB HDD+32 GB SSD Cache, 4 GB RAM, running windows 7

Older sister - Toshiba satellite of some sort, 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, i5 dual core, AMD Dedicated GPU and running windows 8. Also, a custom built machine with a pentium anniversary edition, GTX 750 Ti, 1 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM and windows 7.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Mom I don't know.

dad all I know is he has 2 macs and a few pc

My younger kid has a 3770k with a 7870hd on a maximus v formula

My older kid has a 4770k on a maximus vi formula with a 7870hd

Those were my both my pc that got handed down to them. Hey I pay the bills I get the new stuff.

Wife has a viao laptop

WTF is new stuff for you? Dual 18 core xeons with 256 GB of ram?

Those computers are not what I would call old. Not unless they lack flash storage, in which case they will perform as well as an old computer when booting up and loading programs.

Mum - 2011 MacBook Pro 13", dual core i5, 750 GB HDD, 4 GB RAM running Mavericks

Dad - 2008 Macbook, Core 2 Duo, 160 GB HDD, 2 GB RAM, running Snow Leopard

Youngest sister - Acer Aspire S3 that I'm surprised is still working. Core i3 CPU, 500 GB HDD+32 GB SSD Cache, 4 GB RAM, running windows 7

Older sister - Toshiba satellite of some sort, 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, i5 dual core, AMD Dedicated GPU and running windows 8. Also, a custom built machine with a pentium anniversary edition, GTX 750 Ti, 1 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM and windows 7.

Sounds like your sister is the cool one, besides you of course.

Mom: Hp Probook Something

Dad: A tablet laptop thing (Not old)

Brother: i5 4440 + 760

Sister: Ipad

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

Mum/dad : AMD a8 6800m

Radeon r5

HELP ME

luckily I have my own pc

Thankyou,

Hitman123

Dad & Stepmom: Dell Latitude something with i7, as work laptop. iPad, Lumia 800 and another sub €100 Lumia. Custom PC that is built from my old parts with Q6600 and 8800GT, 4gb DDR2-800. It replaced old 2002 HP Compaq Presario with P4.

Mom: Lenovo laptops for work, 2 years old. iPad for work, same with laptop. 2002-2004 pre-built/custom PC which was our first gaming PC running Ubuntu now. AMD Athlon 64 something, Radeon 9600 passive. 2gigs of DDR1. Lumia 820.

Brother: First gen i7, HD5xxx, maybe two of them in XFire, 6gigs of ram. He has eMacs (no Apple) laptop clocking 4 years. Lumia 920.

Me: Besides what profile holds I got Lenovo T60 clocking 7.5 years and with Ubuntu. Dad's old LG laptop with GPU problems and waiting to go for repair if possible. Its about year younger than my own laptop but has better everything.

E: Oh, grandmother has some cheap Toshiba Satellite laptop.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Dad: 2009 HP Pavillion DV6 with Phenom 2 1.66GHz

Mum: 2014 Asus Ultrabook (really long name) AMD APU and 2003 Compaq Presario R3000 Pentium 4 3.2GHz (fully upgraded)

Brother: 2005 Asus A3H 1.6GHz (fully upgraded)

Sister: HP Touchsmart TM2 1.86GHz 1st gen i5 (fully upgraded)

Stepbrother: 2002 Celeron D 2.4GHz custom build, 1GB RAM, 160GB HDD, 16x DVDR/RW recorder

Aunt: 2003 Pentium 4 3.2GHz Custom build

Cousin: 1998 Celeron 500MHz, 256MB RAM, 554MB HDD

Grandmother: 2008 Compaq CQ60 Pentium Dual Core 2GHz (fully upgraded)

And when you compare them to my main rig (all the good stuff from my overclocking rig is in it now).......

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Mom: HP 630 laptop (Celeron B810, 8GB RAM)

Dad: HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop (C2D T8100, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA 9800M GS)

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Dad: An Asus laptop with a Sandy Bridge pentium (I think) and 8Gb of RAM. I think he plans to upgrade soon because it's having heating issues.

Mom: pre-built desktop with an AMD a4-3300 APU, 4Gb of RAM, integrated graphics... 

Brother, other brother, sister: pre-built desktop with AMD a4-3400 APU, 4Gb of RAM, integrated graphics. My little brother plays LoL mostly and it's fine.

Me: I use my older brothers desktop (above) because mine is dead... He barely uses it anyway :)

I bought my wife a MacBook Pro for Christmas in 2013, I don't even know what model it was, I don't know the differences in those things. Ugh, my family says I must really love her because they NEVER thought I'd ever buy an Apple computer. 

She loves it though, don't know why....

Black/Red Beast: CPU: i7 4790k Cooling: Hyper 212 Evo MB: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 GPU: MSI GTX 980 RAM: 16GB 1866 HyperFury X SSD: 256GB Samsung Evo 840

My sister uses some 3yrs old lenovo ultrabook, my mom, dad and me (we live in the same house) use some crappy old desktop. But im building a new pc soon

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Family PC:

• i3-3120M
  • 4GB DDR3 RAM
  • 500GB HDD
  • Nvidia 710M

Dads PC:

• i3-2350M
  • 6GB DDR3 RAM
  • 500GB HDD
  • iGPU

Grandfathers PC

• Pentium 4 3.0Ghz (2003)
  • 512MB DDR2 RAM
  • 80GB HDD
  • ATI Radeon X300SE 128MB

Yeah, I am the only one in my family with a good PC

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

Obviously some people have multiple machines, but these are what I'd call each person's "main" machine:

Me: i5 4590, 8GB RAM, R9 285, 128GB SSD + ~600GB HDD I had lying around (600GB is plenty, because NAS)

Sister: i3 Laptop circa ~2010, 4GB RAM, some random Nvidia mobile GPU, 128GB SSD (facebook/email machine)

Other sister: AMD Turion I believe.... that's all I know and I think that says it all. Her phone is probably faster and she doesn't have fixed line 'nets

Brother: All I know is that it's an LGA 775 Pentium with ~3GB DDR2. No GPU, I did put an SSD in there. Only used for downloading stuff and putting it on his NAS

Mum: an iPad 3

Niece: Actually has a laptop that somehow has an i5 in it. Probably about a couple of years old, no idea what GPU. Has a couple of games on steam she plays on it

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Mom and younger sister were using my old PC (P4 + 3 GB RAM + 5750 HD), but since P4/motherboard died, its my PC only at home.

Now even my sister sticks with Nexus 7 more than PC, with PC being used by me only over weekends

Finally got PS4 Pro

Dad: Some HP laptop

Mom: HP Compaq pro 6305 

Brother and I use the same PC.

Ur wife has some beast rig there. Apart from TastyPC, i dont know any females who have a hardcore rig 

i'll soon be getting my rig put otgether, and later it will be hardcore once i make a minor upgrade.:D (low end of hardcore, insane end of overkill for my use)

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Managed to convince my mom not to dump 2k on an imac. She only needs to do internet browsing and office work. Luckily best buy was selling a  23-inch touch screen Lenovo all-in-one with an AMD A8 APU, 8GB Ram, and 500GB HDD for about 600$.

You guys think this was the right choice? I put alot of trust into AMD quad core APUs within the 500-600$ range when it comes to prebuilts. For her work load, I think this will be pretty future proof. 

its a lenovo.

lenovo doesnt shit thier customers into shit like HP does...

good job. :)

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

its a lenovo.

lenovo doesnt shit thier customers into shit like HP does...

good job. :)

I've personally found them to be quite durable, had one survive 5 years of getting beaten about at school with nothing going wrong/breaking.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I've personally found them to be quite durable, had one survive 5 years of getting beaten about at school with nothing going wrong/breaking.

lenovo or HP?

theres no fucking way its the latter, i dropped this HP envy m6 one foot and i had to bend the entire elcosure back in shape by hand.

-Jim Hensen