Your Family Member's Computers!

lenovo or HP?

theres no fucking way its the latter, i dropped this HP envy m6 one foot and i had to bend the entire elcosure back in shape by hand.

Lenovo, HP computers have always been a POS, and they dragged Compaq into the pile as well after the R3000 line (having one operating like new after 11 years is brilliant, and so is its FDD :P ).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Lenovo, HP computers have always been a POS, and they dragged Compaq into the pile as well after the R3000 line (having one operating like new after 11 years is brilliant, and so is its FDD :P ).

i would say some compaq monitors are still pretty good.

the one im using now is a 19.5'' 1366x768, 60hz, if its TN then i hadnt noticed because the colours are crisp and very real-to-life. viewing angles are pretty damn good, with any realistic angle that you would be at during normal use looking great, only really seeing colour shifting and fading as you are looking from below or at rediculus angles. zero backlight bleed. 

its very nice, i wish i could give the model number, 

only problem is best buy sold it, and because my parents dont know a gt610 from a space shuttle. so they thaught 300 dollars was a good price. 

its great.

its not 300 dollars great. 

whatever, thier money not mine, they ignore advice then whatever, anaother free monitor for me everytime they think that it wont work with thier new laptop they get every 6months or so. xD

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

I build most of our computers so there's a whole lot of old parts floating around :)

Wife- (my old rig) - AMD Dual core 5000+ 4 gb DDR2 + Radeon 6850

Son - AMD Phenom II 965 + 8 gb DDR 3 + Radeon 7850

Daughter -  AMD dual core 3400 + 4gb DDR2 + 5450 ( this is built on some $40 value board I bought in 2008 that's still alive lol )

Me - Phenom II 965 16 gb DDR3 + R9 280x ( I know, I know, I need to upgrade the processor )

I think I've been extremely lucky, we've had very few parts fail over the years, so I've been able to re use a lot of things.

Sister: 2009 Macbook Pro -> Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, GT9800M

Parents: 2008 Macbook Pro -> same specs

Grandparents: 2012 iMac most basic model

Me: see signature

btw I use arch

Sister: Dell Inspiron laptop from like 2010 i5 (dual core -face palm) etc. 

Mum: MSI CX61 (I think) i7 GT 740m 1080p etc.

Making her a pc for her bday, all she needed to buy is the CPU (which is why it's not made yet); she's gonna get either the i5 4690 or the i5 4690k (I'll prob get her a nice heat sink as part of her next present - she thinks my PC stuff is cool so it makes gifts a lot easier :D). Specs so far: MSI h97 motherboard (I forgot which one but it's basically the best budget one I could find + you can oc on it :3), Corsair CX 430, 8GB 1600 mhz RAM, Fractal R4 (my old case), Sandisk 128GB SSD (my old SSD) & 500GB Seagate Barracuda.

Me: Asus N-something i7 3630qm, 1080p, gt 750m, 1tb HDD. Custom gaming pc ofc i5 4690k, gtx 980 etc.

lenovo or HP?

theres no fucking way its the latter, i dropped this HP envy m6 one foot and i had to bend the entire elcosure back in shape by hand.

Every HP laptop I've had has had heating and battery issues within the first year or so. Worst experience with minimal build quality

Gawd.... all of you have like parents with like alienware desktops and Laptops.... My dad owns a pink vaio with a i3-3200m and some old radeon mobile hd model... lol and he probs does the most cpu intensive work of anyone I know

Stepdad: i5 thinkpad

Mom: i3 HP pavilion g6

Dad: acer, athlon (don't really know what its called)

He also has a Pentium 4 desktop with XP

Dad: i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz on a ASUS P67 Deluxe/Pro and is running a GTX 560 Ti, powered by a Corsair HX/TX 750, all enclosed in a Corsair 600T.

Mum: i5 3470 on Gigabyte Z77 running a Radeon 7770 powered by a Seasonic 500-650W (don't really know the specific PSU), in a Corsair 500R.

Both are running 16GB RAM.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Ur wife has some beast rig there. Apart from TastyPC, i dont know any females who have a hardcore rig 

Really? Most of the women that I know, knows how to build computers. 

Even my sister know how to build a PC, she just like the MacBook's design and portability.

Due to her job, my wife needs to do a lot of 3D rendering and physics simulations, so therefor she needs the dual CPUs and FirePros,

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Oh boy. Here it comes:

Parents: core 2 duo (no idea what the serial number is, it's a mobile cpu though) @2.5ghz, 4gb of ram, kingston 128gb ssd which is the only saving grace int hat thing ^^ it certainly has the form factor going for it though, it's about as big as a mac mini. My father regrets buying it though, he gave in to my mother's request of something small that would fit on the desk but... never again ;). Around the house there are a 3.2ghz pentium 4 ht with 1gb of ram and 200gb of combined hdd space (there are 2) and an old laptop with an intel centrino and some relatively ok ATI gpu (yep, ATI). Various tablets.

Cousin 1: an hp prebuilt (he got it for basically free so we aren't complaining) with a core i5 2400s (I think), 4gb of ram and an amd radeon 5650

Cousin 2 + uncle & aunt (cousin 2 being cousin 1's sister, they all use each other's computers loosely, my uncle is a hardware vendor so doesn't need very powerful stuff at home anyway): another sample of what my parents have. A couple of tablets.

Grandparents: nothing on either side. They just aren't into computers at all ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Every HP laptop I've had has had heating and battery issues within the first year or so. Worst experience with minimal build quality

im on my HP laptop, heating and battery issues within first few motnhs. T^T 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Think all except one of my 5 brothers are running a current gen i7 machine with at least a 970.

My mom doesn't use a computer for anything, just her tablet.

My dad probably used a computer 5 times before he passed away.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

im on my HP laptop, heating and battery issues within first few motnhs. T^T 

My Dad's HP had battery issues first show in 2013, which is at the low end of battery lifespans being 4 years old. Heat however is an issue every 6 months as the miniscule CPU heatsink fans trap dust, causing me to need to go back to his place frequently so I can service his laptop.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Mac's Mac's and more Mac's...

I own all 3 of the PC's in my house -_-

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

bro, amd a8 3.5ghzs , sapphire 7770hd, 8gbts ddr2 1600, 450watt, deepcool case, dual monitors,

sister, lenova t61 win xp,

dad, yoga 3 pro, 256gbt ssd, i5, 8bgts ddr3, full touchsreen, external 23in dell monitor, and yoga regular 12in i think,

"If a man has not discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live."   -Martin Luther King, Jr

Brothers both have the Toshiba Satellite:

i3, 6GB RAM with integrated graphics

Mom has Asus Laptop with i5, 6GB RAM and integrated grapphics

Dad has a Core 2 duo laptop and most likely integrated graphics.

From this, we can gather that I am the only one with 1)A desktop  2)A graphics card

I'm secretly hoping one of them approaches me to have me build a computer for them.

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

Really? Most of the women that I know, knows how to build computers. 

Even my sister know how to build a PC, she just like the MacBook's design and portability.

Due to her job, my wife needs to do a lot of 3D rendering and physics simulations, so therefor she needs the dual CPUs and FirePros,

Fair enough, I am the only one in my family who needs such a powerful PC (Gaming and lots of video editing)

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Dad: Macbook air 2012, Ipad 3rd gen

Mom: Hp Pavilion 2200

Grandparents (Mom side): A custom pc with an i5 2500, 4gb of RAM, onboard graphics

Grandparents (Dad side): nothing, they prefer watching TV for news so theres not really a point in getting a computer (Occasionally they would use my dad's Ipad to talk to my aunt and uncle in Canada but thats it)

I don't have any siblings so yea... :P

| --- My Stuff --- |

Computer: Apple Late-2008 Macbook Pro ; -Haguro- build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296613-wip-project-haguro-x99-hackintosh-workstation/|

Mobile Devices: Apple 32GB 1st gen Ipad Mini ; Apple 16GB Iphone 5s ; Apple Ipod Classic 80Gb 5th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 120Gb 6th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 160Gb 7th Gen ; Apple Ipod Nano 16Gb 6th Gen 

Dad: Acer M7720 THE worst pc ever, I must clean this sh*t every month or it get to hot. (first gen i7 - 920)

(he wants a custom build in the future ahhh soon ...)
Mom: not techie, no pc < Books are better, I agree on that.

Grandparents (Mum): both dead

Other grandparents (Dad): well they got a brand new Panasonic TV and love it because now they watch everything with just one remote. I'm glad.

Other family members are Apple-peasants, believe they are peasants, its ok.
I'm fine with that, atleast I don't have to fix there 
Apple-peasants-products)

There is the family laptop, my aunt doesn't have a computer but her partner built his own. Grandparents are pretty into tech, they've got a fair few laptops and desktops of various age lying about.

mom: a laptop with an AMD E1 dual core :(

dad: a 300€ crappy desktop that was on sale.

brother: smartphone, he broke his laptop

another brother: none, just none.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

Mum: Toshiba sandy bridge core i7 laptop

Dad: Thinks my dsi is a mini computer....

Sister: Some Acer laptop with a core i3

Grandparents: One of the older white macbooks from ages ago.

Me: Same laptop as mums and The Mohawk Turtle which is in my sig

I made my son two pcs and he no longer uses them as he would rather console game playing NHL 15 on Xbox 360.  As for other family members well I have an idea of what my brother's rig has and I recently loaned him a Mushkin Joule 1000 watt psu which has worked out fine but other than that i don't know what family is using.  Part of not knowing is their idiocy in not letting me build for them over the years instead buying pre-made garbage.  It was a slap in the face to me.  Anyway we pretty much have severed ties so who gives a ****.

In regards to the two computers my son has I will update them here in this post in the future.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Cheap desktops and iPads.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress