Successor to my MacBook Pro M1 Pro

Hello folks,

Looking for a new device in the laptop segment. Pref windows for now. Mac os is solid an everything but miss a lot of windows features like light (or mediocre) gaming. Mainly need it for watching Plex Youtube, photo edit with lightroom and sometimes video edit.

Good screen would be awesome, maybe in those OLED times. Good battery also a plus, nithing bigger that 15 inch,

Thought about some new core 7 ultra or something maybe with a dedicated GPU, which i can deactivate or something

Budget about 2000€

Sd Card slot and Full USB would be a big plus, also USB 4 for my external ssd

I guess 32gb ram is a really good qay to go in 2024? And 1 tb nvme

Screenshot_20240513_142523_Geizhals.jpg

4 minutes ago, LeGreatMaxiking said:

Screenshot_20240513_142523_Geizhals.jpg

Do you mind editing your first post to add all of these (next time, dont now)

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

If the only thing you are missing from windows is gaming, I'd suggest getting a $500-$1000 desktop PC, connect it to your home network and then play all the games via moonlight/parsec on your macbook (and anything else windows related, as long as you don't need to do that on the go). You won't find a windows device as nice as a macbook. Especially if you take one with a decent dGPU, you will probably get at most 8h of battery life if you don't do anything work intensive.

If you still want one, the ROG Zephyrus g16 and Lenovo yoga pro 9i are both pretty good machines.

Edit: didn't see the size requirement. 15 inch laptops are usually 15.6 inches in 16:9 aspect ratio. While 16 inch devices just add a few millimeter to make it a 16:10 aspect ratio. So they are hardly any bigger and are also slowly pushing away 15 inch laptops as the more common form factor.

so how would be performance in regard to a macbook pro m3 pro? in comparison with an ultra 9 (or amd) and a 4060 or 4070?