Mobo ready for Ryzen 5 5600

Making a list of parts for a friend who wants a new PC and doesn't want a pre built. Due to budget and reasons the PC will be used for we went for a ryzen 5 5600 (yes ik am4 is dead but they don't mind since they won't overclock or need anything more than at most a 5800x3d if they ever upgrade) only thing I'm still looking for is either a mobo ready out the box for the CPU or one that has flashback to update the bios without using a CPU.

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/kWhxMV

Here is the list of parts as well if you want to check anything else as well.

8 minutes ago, Millios said:

Making a list of parts for a friend who wants a new PC and doesn't want a pre built. Due to budget and reasons the PC will be used for we went for a ryzen 5 5600 (yes ik am4 is dead but they don't mind since they won't overclock or need anything more than at most a 5800x3d if they ever upgrade) only thing I'm still looking for is either a mobo ready out the box for the CPU or one that has flashback to update the bios without using a CPU.

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/user/OmegaTheMan/saved/G6vNyc

Here is the list of parts as well if you want to check anything else as well.

Part list is private, share the link to the list itself instead of the saved list on your account page

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

1 minute ago, TatamiMatt said:

Part list is private, share the link to the list itself instead of the saved list on your account page

Srr gimme a sec cause I thought I turned it public 

4 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

Alright it's public now (different name cause idk why but it's the same)

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€109.00 @ Mindfactory) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 GAMING X V2 ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€96.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  (€55.98 @ Alternate) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN580 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€66.90 @ Alza) 
Video Card: Asus DUAL OC V2 Radeon RX 7600 8 GB Video Card  (€271.90 @ Galaxus) 
Case: Fractal Design Pop Air ATX Mid Tower Case  (€93.90 @ Alza) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM650 (2023) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€84.85 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €779.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-05-13 15:02 CEST+0200

Okay few changes, cheaper model of the same GPU

Better SSD (NV2s can be a tad unreliable, the one above is faster and more reliable for 4EUR more

Removed cooler as 5600 (specifically the non-X variant) is super low power and comes with its own cooler anyway

Also if RAM RGB is for the cosmetics that fine but there is both cheaper non RGB RAM with similar or better performance, or RAM with RGB about the same price or a little pricier that will perform better if thats preferred

Most B550 mobos should work from out the box so this mobo should be fine for the job

Better RAM build

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 GAMING X V2 ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€96.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  (€61.48 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN580 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€66.90 @ Alza) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM650 (2023) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€84.85 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €784.93
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-05-13 15:08 CEST+0200

System specs:

7 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

PCPartPicker Part List

Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  (€55.98 @ Alternate) 
Total: €779.43
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-05-13 15:02 CEST+0200

Okay few changes, cheaper model of the same GPU

Better SSD (NV2s can be a tad unreliable, the one above is faster and more reliable for 4EUR more

Removed cooler as 5600 (specifically the non-X variant) is super low power and comes with its own cooler anyway

Also if RAM RGB is for the cosmetics that fine but there is both cheaper non RGB RAM with similar or better performance, or RAM with RGB about the same price or a little pricier that will perform better if thats preferred

Most B550 mobos should work from out the box so this mobo should be fine for the job

Better RAM build

PCPartPicker Part List

Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  (€61.48 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €784.93
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-05-13 15:08 CEST+0200

Germany isn't my country it's just the closest in prices in PCPartPicker. I do appreciate the mobo suggestion as well as the cooling solution cause it both answers my question about mobos and due to price from the cooler it also accommodates the SSD choice so thank you 

Just now, Millios said:

Germany isn't my country it's just the closest in prices in PCPartPicker. I do appreciate the mobo suggestion as well as the cooling solution cause it both answers my question about mobos and due to price from the cooler it also accommodates the SSD choice so thank you 

No prob, if you have any more queries feel free to ask!

System specs:

Just now, TatamiMatt said:

No prob, if you have any more queries feel free to ask!

Your first mobo suggestion covered me for the most part and it improved my build both budget wise and quality wise with the SSD as well. Thank you very much 

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/HqbzcH

5600 + 6800 + 32gb 3600c18

much faster gpu

doubled ram capacity

faster dram gen3 ssd

higher wattage psu

this is the best i can do for all new, not bad but it can still be better if you buy a used 6800xt which saves money whilst giving abit of extra performance

spending a ton of money on a board that has a dead platform is just stupid so might aswell take advantage of am4 and get the cheap used or new b450

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/nHR9z6

heres a build with used parts and the prices i estimate the parts to be around so pick and choose if you want doesnt have to be the full thing

for highly reccomended itd be the 5600(x) due to 30€ saving and the 6800xt due to saving some cash (usually around the 350-400€ mark) + extra performance, for stuff that id reccomend then itd be the psu cause more wattage higher quality and saves money alongside used board cause even if you dont save that much compared to a new b450 they are better boards in terms of i/o

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/TBhLTY

a more extreme version with a used case if you really want best price/performance, again feel free to swap new parts in if youd like

and do keep in mind that if you buy a used mobo you do have to check if the bios is updated so this is among the least reccomended of the used parts due to the effort and the mobo is pretty high risk compared to other parts just because random issues are almost always mobo issues if it isnt ram being unstable, the other used parts however are simple visual inspections and checking to see if they work

heres some gpu benchmarks for comparisons

6800 is usually a smidge faster than the 7700xt btw

35 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/HqbzcH

5600 + 6800 + 32gb 3600c18

much faster gpu

doubled ram capacity

faster dram gen3 ssd

higher wattage psu

this is the best i can do for all new, not bad but it can still be better if you buy a used 6800xt which saves money whilst giving abit of extra performance

spending a ton of money on a board that has a dead platform is just stupid so might aswell take advantage of am4 and get the cheap used or new b450

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/nHR9z6

heres a build with used parts and the prices i estimate the parts to be around so pick and choose if you want doesnt have to be the full thing

for highly reccomended itd be the 5600(x) due to 30€ saving and the 6800xt due to saving some cash (usually around the 350-400€ mark) + extra performance, for stuff that id reccomend then itd be the psu cause more wattage higher quality and saves money alongside used board cause even if you dont save that much compared to a new b450 they are better boards in terms of i/o

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/TBhLTY

a more extreme version with a used case if you really want best price/performance, again feel free to swap new parts in if youd like

and do keep in mind that if you buy a used mobo you do have to check if the bios is updated so this is among the least reccomended of the used parts due to the effort and the mobo is pretty high risk compared to other parts just because random issues are almost always mobo issues if it isnt ram being unstable, the other used parts however are simple visual inspections and checking to see if they work

heres some gpu benchmarks for comparisons

6800 is usually a smidge faster than the 7700xt btw

Part of the reason I'm asking is cause the am4 mobos in my country are fairly cheaper (not an insane amounts but cheaper than other markets, on top of the fact the person that will be receiving it doesn't need an insane machine. Smt to comfortably play shooters like valorant, CSGO mobas like LoL and non AAA GAMES IS ENOUGH on top of the fact the AMD GPUs (new not used) are a bit cheaper here as well. Case is a must cause they love it. But I will take note of the SSDs and the ram as better performance is really nice to have at a budget. Still thank you for your input, it's very much appreciated