Are you a Hardcore or Casual Gamer?

Axypha

So, on this forum I see that most people have a library of more than 25 or 50 Games, and some way higher. I personally think playing 3 Games is a lot, but that really depends on if you're hardcore or casual. So, here's my personal definition of a Hardcore and Casual Gamer.

Hardcore: When you pick up a game, you get really into it. You spend most of your computer time in that game, and don't really play anything else.

Casual: You have tons and tons of games, and you just get out of a game and get into another. You might pay special attention to a certain game, but overall you just play.

hardware not capable but currrently on a mission on SC2 on brutal mode tho :/

Details separate people.

I would say that I have the skills and goals of a hardcore gamer and the time to play of a casual gamer

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I play CoD:AW, LoL, and Titan Fall. I'm a hardcore player, but I like to keep variety, so that I dont play until I get burned out

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.

I'm a casual hardcore

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

both hardcore offline by myself

Casual online

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

Depends on the game.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

By your definition I'm a casual gamer, but I consider myself hardcore simply by the amount of hours I put into games every week.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Bill Nye

Hardcore

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Currently I am casual.  I don't play many games, if any at all most days, but when I do it is hardcore as I strive in games like Quake, Reflex, CS:GO, COD, to absolutely dominate to the point that I barely died, ever.  So, casual until playing.  I should stop being a casual and be back to fully gaming as often as possible once I upgrade and build my new rig.  So, sometime in the future :D

I consider myself a "hardcore" gamer because I like to play pretty much everything and beat it and learn all the tricks to improve myself. I've been playing video games for nearly 15 years now, I'm great at; shooters, platformers, strategy, puzzles, fighting, racing, RPG's, MMO's, etc.

Sometimes I get lazy and only play a couple of games a month, or the same game for a month. I used to play Fallout 3 for Xbox 360 for months on end, sometimes I go on a CS:GO binge and play it for weeks straight, other times I get a good game of Civ rolling and play a puzzle game on the side.

Then there are the games that have loads of mods, Minecraft and Skyrim. I mod the crap out of the games, usually taking hours of troubleshooting to fit all the mods I want, test them, and then play a bit then I'm bored and don't play them for months haha.

TL;DR, I consider myself a hardcore gamer because I've experienced a vast amount of game genres and know how to play them all to a great extent without issues.

Sort of both, but considering Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 are some of my favorite games of all time. and I used to play Free For All PvP, Full loot sandbox mmo's, I'd say more hardcore. 

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

I don't like the term hardcore gamer, I simply like to play video games. I pick a game, play it, beat it, then I move on. I play pretty much every genre of game, EXCEPT MOBA.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

I've been casual for a while now. Between snowmobile season/hunting season/learning about video editing and traveling there ain't much time for gaming these days.

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

Depends on the definition of Casual and Hardcore...

If casual means playing filthy mobile games or the likes of popcap/facebook games, then no.
If casual in the sense that I play on and off, any type of game that I might enjoy, then yes.

If hardcore means playing a single game like a pro-gamer wannabe, knowing all I need to know about said game, then no.

If hardcore in the sense that I try to finish 100% all my games, get all the achievement and all.... Nope. Very few games even makes me want to complete them, I generally only 100% things like Visual Novels, because I can skip the parts I've done already, since it's basically a book.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Does 24hr gaming sessions make me hardcore, or casual because i have a ton of games.

A wannabe hardcore? That's me!

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

Single player / Co-op games = Casual

Multiplier games = Hardcore

Typically online shooters or strategy games I sweat pretty hard in, but when I want to just chill I'll play some co-op games or single player games by myself.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

well for me it really depends, I am both Hardcore and casual gamer. I'm casual gaming when I'm on my Shield and sometimes playing with my friends like Gmod, Minecraft and a few other games. I am also a hardcore player when playing competitively like AoE HD, Insurgency, Rome II, and a few other games. Really depends on the situation on how I feel about being competitive or just for shits and giggles on playing. 

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520