The Skyrim (Original DX9) Thread

Go to solution Solved by mr.skyrim_pc,

Skyrim has a lot of bugs/glitches..

But i really like the story!

It really doesn't have that many glitches. Mabye it did when it first came out but not anymore

15 minutes ago, Albatross said:

Folder paths? As for load order, I use LOOT and let it handle it. That's what I was told to do, anyhow...as for NMM it is convenient and takes care of the steps I'm unsure of/can't do? I wasn't even aware there were other viable options. :$

Woah where have you been? There's like some cult following for Mod Organizer. 

Though, it truly is the better mod manager.  

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

3 hours ago, Pohernori said:

Woah where have you been? There's like some cult following for Mod Organizer. 

Though, it truly is the better mod manager.  

The last I heard Mod Manager was just a buggy mess. I guess I'll redownload it now and try it out with this guide.

www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2846/

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

2 minutes ago, Albatross said:

The last I heard Mod Manager was just a buggy mess. I guess I'll redownload it now and try it out with this guide.

www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2846/

Wait so you're playing on sse?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

35 minutes ago, Albatross said:

Folder paths?

Yes folder paths are important, the game has it's file structure that needs to be mimicked(generally, almost always unless getting advanced with xEdit or a mod author changed paths pointing to things).

for example if you were to extract the BSAs and find Lydia mesh and textures, you'd find her at

C:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\Meshes\Actors\facegendata\facegeom\Skyrim.esm\000A2C8E.nif

AND

C:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\Textures\Actors\\facegendata\facetint\Skyrim.esm\000A2C8E.dds

Then any mod changing her appearance the file paths provided to the mod organizer tool should be

"Meshes\Actors\facegendata\facegeom\Skyrim.esm\000A2C8E.nif"  & "Textures\Actors\\facegendata\facetint\Skyrim.esm\000A2C8E.dds"

Since they assume to start in the data folder.

1 minute ago, Pohernori said:

Okay.  Maybe we should ask a mod to rename this thread to Oldrim Central and start a new one for SSE to forgo this sort of confusion.

Not originally, but I just finished a SSE install and not wanting to screw up what I have with the original, I'll start fresh on this.

EDIT

I didn't know this was only for Oldrim, sorry guys. Well, if I must, I'll still follow the guide for Oldrim I guess.

3 hours ago, MoonSpot said:

Yes folder paths are important, the game has it's file structure that needs to be mimicked.

for example if you were to extract the BSAs and find Lydia mesh and textures, you'd find her at

C:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\Meshes\Actors\facegendata\facegeom\Skyrim.esm\000A2C8E.nif

AND

C:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\Textures\Actors\\facegendata\facetint\Skyrim.esm\000A2C8E.dds

Then any mod changing her appearance the file paths provided to the mod organizer tool should be

"Meshes\Actors\facegendata\facegeom\Skyrim.esm\000A2C8E.nif" &"Textures\Actors\\facegendata\facetint\Skyrim.esm\000A2C8E.dds"

Since they assume to start in the data folder.

Oh! Yes, as far as I can tell the paths have been set correctly. I even get a "replace this file?" message for a lot of the textures/mods.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

4 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

Okay.  Maybe we should ask a mod to rename this thread to Oldrim Central and start a new one for SSE to forgo this sort of confusion.

I think making a new thread for both will be nice. But we'll need to ask others to identify their skyrim version.

6 minutes ago, Albatross said:

Not originally, but I just finished a SSE install and not wanting to screw up what I have with the original, I'll start fresh on this.

EDIT

I didn't know this was only for Oldrim, sorry guys. Well, if I must, I'll still follow the guide for Oldrim I guess.

Yea we're more used to the new skyrim as sse. 

Yeap mo2 is buggy for sse. Only viable option is nmm. Nexus bought over the dev for mo. Not sure how thats gonna turn out.

3 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

But we'll need to ask others to identify their skyrim version.

On every post made?

:eyesroll:

Yea we're more used to the new skyrim as sse. 

Yeap mo2 is buggy for sse. Only viable option is nmm. Nexus bought over the dev for mo. Not sure how thats gonna turn out.

Ah, in that case, do you know of any similar guides for the normal Skyrim?

On every post made?

You could edit the title of the thread with a warning or a request to specify which version you are using.

2 minutes ago, Albatross said:

You could edit the title of the thread with a warning or a request to specify which version you are using.

No, I can not.  It is not my thread, I just spam here :P

15 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

On every post made?

Well, they can just use oldrim and sse, maybe :P

11 minutes ago, Albatross said:

Ah, in that case, do you know of any similar guides for the normal Skyrim?

Gopher has a few guides for mo on oldrim

@Pohernori @MoonSpot @Albatross

if you guys want we can rename this thread something like "The Skyrim [Original version] Thread" and one of you can make a new thread about the SE Remastered version to make things more clear.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

@wkdpaul I would be in favour of just that.  If for no other reason then to prevent those whom are less familiar with modding the 2 versions from installing links from earlier posts in this thread into SSE all willy-nilly like.  Though getting our own wires crossed between the 2 is enough of a pain in the rump in and of itself.  Including DX9 into the re-tittle may have a bit more grab on the eye when scrolling, but that might just be me.

Yea actually i think this'll be a better idea. I have no doubts that newcomers will still ask about old skyrim on the new thread but they'll more likely specify what version their skyrim is now.

If anyone started that thread or will start it, please drop me a link as well. :)

1 hour ago, Albatross said:

If anyone started that thread or will start it, please drop me a link as well. :)

Feel free to do so.  I don't(can't) run SSE, so it would be weird for me. 

Feel free to do so.  I don't(can't) run SSE, so it would be weird for me. 

Alrighty, I guess I'll do it.

edit

Here is the link. I'll be updating it of course. :)

• 1 month later...

Looks purdy guud.  My skyrim weapon assortment has been lacking in actual style.  Not a fan of WoW like oars and paddles, so this is just what the doctor ordered.  Here's hoping there are more added, and refinements made over time.

Time to do a "save Buttercup" as Inigo Montoya playthrough :D

Rapier and Dagger by blueboar

81726-0-1485383579.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And there it is, I got magically unsubbed from the thread again