Its official, new console is Nintendo.

Master Disaster

its a USB device dude....90% of the time they install on their own when you plug it in.

Sadly it doesn't work that way.

USB drive identify themselves with the OS, and the OS uses it's driver.

If I make a new OS from scratch with USB support, assuming I support all drive formats, they will all work.

If you have a USB sound card, it won't. If it's a game controller it MAY, depending if it wants to use the generic OS drivers or not.

In order to provide a unique experience, it can't use Windows generic drivers. Heck the XBox 360 controller doesn't use the generic drivers, but rather it's own driver which Microsoft decided to include in the OS.

And again, how about wireless controllers, which is what we really want. I can connect my Wii-mote on my PC with Bluetooth. But sadly the buttons does nothing as I don't have the proper drivers. Dolphin emulator has a translator to make it work, but the tracking is not great, in both motion and button presses, despite playing a game that run perfectly well on the system. Proper drivers are needed to interpret things properly, and that needs to be installed. Also to get the Wii-mote work, you need the right Bluetooth stack drivers. Windows built-in one don't work, so you still need to install a software regardless.

It doesn't even confirm that. OP just jumped the gun because what Miyamoto said upset him.

Yes! Very true! You are correct, it doesn't confirm what I said.

And even if in some ways or later leaks proving so: Nintendo have been using AMD GPUs since the GameCube area... why wouldn't they be in continuous talks with AMD? And what are the talks? We have no idea. Nintendo might be asking "is this possible or that? Can we do this? Would it be possible to integrate this and that?" There is no deal signing, there is no chips being produced, it's just R&D. AMD is offering it for free, the same way I am sure Nvidia does it to any potential future deal that they might have, to exactly get that deal.

Sadly it doesn't work that way.

USB drive identify themselves with the OS, and the OS uses it's driver.

If I make a new OS from scratch with USB support, assuming I support all drive formats, they will all work.

If you have a USB sound card, it won't. If it's a game controller it MAY, depending if it wants to use the generic OS drivers or not.

In order to provide a unique experience, it can't use Windows generic drivers. Heck the XBox 360 controller doesn't use the generic drivers, but rather it's own driver which Microsoft decided to include in the OS.

And again, how about wireless controllers, which is what we really want. I can connect my Wii-mote on my PC with Bluetooth. But sadly the buttons does nothing as I don't have the proper drivers. Dolphin emulator has a translator to make it work, but the tracking is not great, in both motion and button presses, despite playing a game that run perfectly well on the system. Proper drivers are needed to interpret things properly, and that needs to be installed. Also to get the Wii-mote work, you need the right Bluetooth stack drivers. Windows built-in one don't work, so you still need to install a software regardless.

Um, every time I plug a keyboard or mouse into my computer I get an "installing drivers from device" message and what not. Why would it be that hard to include the drives in a small SD card inside the controller.

For instance, every time I unplug and replug my razor deathstalker keyboard, it wants to install that stupid control software for it that I never use.

OR,

Be normal and use the friggin KBM

There is no good reason for nintendo to not make pc games, other than they don't want to, which to them is a good reason.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Um, every time I plug a keyboard or mouse into my computer I get an "installing drivers from device" message and what not. Why would it be that hard to include the drives in a small SD card inside the controller.

For instance, every time I unplug and replug my razor deathstalker keyboard, it wants to install that stupid control software for it that I never use.

OR,

Be normal and use the friggin KBM

There is no good reason for nintendo to not make pc games, other than they don't want to, which to them is a good reason.

Good remark, but once again, the drivers are built-in Windows, and the USB controller have support for basic keys support for that the USB keyboard works outside of the OS (BIOS), but special keys don't work. If you also notice, it check on the web for the drivers just to discover that there isn't new drivers for it, and uses the built-in ones, as the system works exactly the same way no mater the peripheral you plug on the system. So while it is great for all sort of peripheral and hardware, it does make it that the keyboard and mouse doesn't work out of the box instantly, the moment you plug it in for the first time on a new USB port.

Microsoft wont' change that, because in the case there is some popular keyboard they wish to deliver the drivers for (say Microsoft own keyboards, or a keyboard manufacture wants to make its consumer life easier and allow Microsoft to distrobute their drivers), they can.

If you have a fancy keyboard and mouse with special features, those won't work with Windows out of the box. You need to install the drivers to make them work. If I don't install the drivers of my keyboard, some of the special keys don't work. On my old MX Revolution mouse by Logitech, the scroll wheel doesn't auto-switch between click and free mode based on current speed and force applied on the wheel to spin it, if I don't have the drivers installed. Macro keys won't work either on keyboards, nor can't be configured.

You mean other than the drastic reduction in revenue from loss of hardware sales coupled with the drastic increase in development costs from having to support a drastically different platform, right? There's more to this business than you realize, and you really take it all for granted.

watch it have an A10 inside of it lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Since when is losing hundreds of millions of dollars thriving? Relying on exclusives like Mario and Zelda isn't what is keeping them afloat, it is what is bankrupting them.

No, it's their marketing department that caused the losses. Those games are the only reason they're not losing even more than that (and are recovering now). If you think that dropping all of their old IP in favor of new ones would save them... Well, you might be right. You might also be wrong and it could end up killing them faster because all of their games flop. There's no way of knowing, especially since it would involve completely changing their audience. Also, "bankrupting" is a pretty egregious exaggeration.

Planning to buy a WiiU sometime soon, maby in the new year. Why? Lot's of new, interesting exclusives are already available and there are more to come next year. I like the game pad with the screen because I can play when my wife wants to use the TV. Also, the WiiU actually runs more games at 1080p 60fps, more than XBone and PS4 combined. 

They don't try to compete with PC and they do a great job of making great games that are different and play to the WiiU's hardware so we still get a great-looking game that runs smooth. IMO, Nintendo is the only company that has managed to stay true to the "console gaming experience". MS and Sony have lost that.

I'm excited that Nintendo is working on a successor to the WiiU. Just means more Nintendo goodness is still yet to come for many years. :)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Guess that settles it, new 3DS instead. I'll grab whatever comes after the Wii U next and get back into the console game.

This is a stretch but, what if Nintendo becomes the platform of choice because they make it more powerful than the Xbox One and PS4, and make an Xbox-Live like service that is actually good, and use x86 architecture. Surely Sony and Microsoft won't spend the money to make yet another piece of trash?

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

Who the hell cares about graphics on a Nintendo console? 

I do. I got a little mad that they just ignored the idea of better looking games and continued with their childish looking art style. I'd like to see them actually TRY to make something look good for once.

Yes. Because Nintendo is not competing against PC.

They are about providing a unique experience to the consumer.

Going on PC will remove that, and provide no incentive for next version release game. Many Nintendo games aren't about story, but rather game play, game play that can only be experienced with the right controller.

I would not buy Nintendo games on PC. It might look nice at first, but playing Mario with a keyboard and mouse... no way.

You need the fine precision movement of a controller. Also, most people don't have a gaming capable PC. Nintendo will do more money with a console, not to mention that they usually make money on the console. Not to mention you have to ask people to buy a controller... a GOOD controller, and then you need to show them how to setup the game and the contorller.. what a mess.

Nintendo console are simple. You put the disc in, and you play.

That's not quite true. Yes, Mario with a keyboard and mouse would be weird, but who even platforms with a keyboard and mouse when many gamers already have a controller? I agree with the unique gameplay aspect, but we're not looking deeper. Nintendo will never release on Steam so everything is moot, but if they did, consider the following. You can get motion control and even use the Wiimote on PC with little effort. If Nintendo actively wanted to do stuff on PC, the process would be even more simple. On top of this, Nintendo would also have a unique controller PC compatible if they ever decided to one day work with this platform. It's the actual games that make them money, especially in Nintendo's case. Hardware drops in price over time, but popular games from them seldom do. The top tier games will always be expensive and never on par with some games from a Steam sale or Humblebundle. The hardware aspect is nothing special and is easily doable on PC if they wanted. Keyword is wanted. 

I believe its the simplicity why they'd choose not to as well as location. PC gaming isn't that big in Japan as it is in the West. That alone offers Ninty little incentive to care. Every PC is different and it'd be much easier for them to dev for the same hardware vs worrying over min requirements. As for the unique aspect with hardware, Nintendo simply has no desire to cater to PC in spite of having the capabilities. All it'd literally take for Nintendo to have the same experiences would be to make their own peripherals. A PC can stream or be put physically in the living room and many do this no problem, this takes care of the gaming on the couch. 

In short, if Nintendo really wanted to be a part of the PC scene, they'd make Nintendo branded peripherals and set up a store on Steam. That's all it would take. The reasons this isn't a thing is that it makes little sense due to PC gaming not being popular in their home market and it's much easier to dev on the same hardware to ensure their games run the same on any system, that's why.

edit: Well that and it'd kill their family image of plopping an inexpensive system in the living room and game. Though, if you have a huge game library on the console end, I'd argue console gaming can be more expensive than PC.

I do. I got a little mad that they just ignored the idea of better looking games and continued with their childish looking art style. I'd like to see them actually TRY to make something look good for once.

I would say graphics != art-style

Art-style is something you choose based on how you want something too look. Graphics are the effects you use, like lightning etc.

Crysis 2 has very good graphics, but failed at the art-style. Crysis 3 fixed it, mostly. 

The only Nintendo game I would like to change the art-style of is the future Zelda, it looks a bit too light and strong in the colours, I would rather have them a bit darker, like this: http://i.imgur.com/JZQdnNc.jpg 

But then again, I ended up loving Wind Waker and Skyward Swords colours, where I initially had the same concerns.

I know I just talked a bout the general colouring, but I hope you get my point

Nintendo should do better lightning, shadows, hair, fur, cloth, etc. But their main art-style they should, and can, never go away from. Nintendo is that art-style. The same way Pixar is their own art-style.

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

That's the whole point of Nintendo, bruh. I'd facepalm if suddenly Nintendo tried to put out war shooters and simulators. Weird enough Ubi decided to release Watchdogs on the Wii-U. The thing I'd like to see is up their res a bit, the actual style is fine considering it's Nintendo.

Guess that settles it, new 3DS instead. I'll grab whatever comes after the Wii U next and get back into the console game.

Thing is, it probably isn't worth it since there won't be too many games on launch, just like with the Wii U. The 3DS on the other hand is a thing that I also consider.

I love their style. I always loved the cute bobbleheads, landscapes with eyes and kooper-shell-fights. If I wanted something hyperrealistic, I'd switch to PC games and mod the hell out of them.

Thing is, it probably isn't worth it since there won't be too many games on launch, just like with the Wii U. The 3DS on the other hand is a thing that I also consider.

I love their style. I always loved the cute bobbleheads, landscapes with eyes and kooper-shell-fights. If I wanted something hyperrealistic, I'd switch to PC games and mod the hell out of them.

Just out of curiosity, why are you on the forums if you do are not PC gaming? Just wondering. I know some people here play a few games on console, but I wasn't aware of anyone who was exclusively playing on console.

Then don't buy it. The style they use in their games doesn't require horse power and their consoles tend to be cheaper than the competitors. No one wants an ultra realistic mario game. Their consoles tended to always be cheaper than the competitors if I remember correctly. 

Then don't buy it. The style they use in their games doesn't require horse power and their consoles tend to be cheaper than the competitors. No one wants an ultra realistic mario game. Their consoles tended to always be cheaper than the competitors if I remember correctly. 

I could give a shit about Mario, I want a hyper-realistic Zelda game goddamnit.

Meh. Hyper-realistic can get really dull and boring. Most hyper-realistic games have really drab colors and a very limited selection. Something like OoT or Majora's Mask might work better, since they had a realistic bend to the art-style but also had a lot of color. Twilight Princess tried to capture that feel but it felt off somehow.

Meh. Hyper-realistic can get really dull and boring. Most hyper-realistic games have really drab colors and a very limited selection. Something like OoT or Majora's Mask might work better, since they had a realistic bend to the art-style but also had a lot of color. Twilight Princess tried to capture that feel but it felt off somehow.

That's actually exactly what I want, a "Skyrim'ed" up version of OoT.

OoT was the first game I ever beat.... it will always hold that special place in my heart.

Just out of curiosity, why are you on the forums if you do are not PC gaming? Just wondering. I know some people here play a few games on console, but I wasn't aware of anyone who was exclusively playing on console.

Just out of curiosity, why do I have to be into PC gaming to be interested in PCs in general?

I am not exclusively playing on console, even if that post looked like I am. The thing is, I love (as mentioned) the cutesy style of Nintendo games, and I seem to fail finding "cute" PC games that don't lack a story and/or gameplay.

Just out of curiosity, why do I have to be into PC gaming to be interested in PCs in general?

I am not exclusively playing on console, even if that post looked like I am. The thing is, I love (as mentioned) the cutesy style of Nintendo games, and I seem to fail finding "cute" PC games that don't lack a story and/or gameplay.

Fair enough. I just started feeling like Nintendo games were "childish"(certainly child oriented). I just wish they had matured as I have. I love it when I lose myself in a game like skyrim despite the "drab" colors as you put it, although I don't find them to be drab.

Not going to happen. The issue is that the artistic style is at the hands of the Nintendo and it's developers. They are mostly grounded in Japan, which has a gaming culture vastly different from our own. They prefer to have goofy-cartoony style, and they absolutely despise the gritty, realistic scenery. Have you wondered why the Japanese games have been fading to mainstream obscurity (in American view) as of late? Because the home target audience for the developers (Japan), have been growing sick and tired of games failing to suit THEIR gaming needs. This causes the Japanese developers to focus more on them, and slowly disregarding us.

Also, the cartoony look is a large component of what makes the games the way they are. When you make the first iteration of a game with a general style, you have to keep that style for the successors to come. If you take that away, and turn it into something like Skyrim, you have partially killed the game value, and even if you keep the storyline canonical, it will not be the Zelda that people remembered. So that would be alienating a lot of the core fanbase in order to satisfy the needs of a rather small minority. Now does that makes sense? I did not think so.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Fair enough. I just started feeling like Nintendo games were "childish"(certainly child oriented). I just wish they had matured as I have. I love it when I lose myself in a game like skyrim despite the "drab" colors as you put it, although I don't find them to be drab.

I'd go with "family oriented". And again, if I want mature stuff, I fire up steam and see what it throws at me. There are so unbelievably many games tailored to adult gamers, why should Nintendo hop on the bandwagon and blend in with this mushy, grey blob of pixelviolence? Not that I don't enjoy a good shootout with some friends, but I prefer the "friendly competitions" Nintendo offers. It's a nice and welcome contrast.