Its official, new console is Nintendo.

Master Disaster

Guess that settles it, new 3DS instead. I'll grab whatever comes after the Wii U next and get back into the console game.

Don't worry, it's just sensationalist headlinines. It'll still be another 3-4 years before there's another console.

-snip-

3 to 4 years of Wii U games that hopefully get a bit cheaper when the new console finally comes out.

I'd go with "family oriented". And again, if I want mature stuff, I fire up steam and see what it throws at me. There are so unbelievably many games tailored to adult gamers, why should Nintendo hop on the bandwagon and blend in with this mushy, grey blob of pixelviolence? Not that I don't enjoy a good shootout with some friends, but I prefer the "friendly competitions" Nintendo offers. It's a nice and welcome contrast.

I just think they could put a hell of a lot of hurt on sony and microsoft if they would actually "enter the fray" as it were. Instead of just trying to carve out their own little niche, which has left some (not all) but some, former nintendo fanboy's like myself feeling forgotten. I don't want "family oriented" games from them, I want to see them pushing the limits, even if they keep the cartoony look, I'd still like to see them do it in a way that pushes what is graphically possible. Not to mention a bit of satisfaction at watching them "steal" away a good bit of profits from sony and microsoft, we both know that if they released games and controllers for PC, that sony and microsoft would be in a hell of a world of hurt.

You have sony fanboys,

and you have microsoft fanboys,

but almost all started as nintendo fanboys, did we not?

Not to mention that competition between corporations is always good for the customer.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

its a USB device dude....90% of the time they install on their own when you plug it in.

You've been lucky then sir.

And the drivers? Keep in mind that the XBox 360 controller drivers are built-in Windows. If you have XP, you need to use the provided disk. Nintendo doesn't have it's drivers built-in Windows, and we didn't even talk about those and an Apple computer running MacOS.

Oh and how are you supposed to connect a PC to a TV?

Most people don't have an HDMI connector. Won't want to move that big computer that they have in the living room, which is probably noisy as well, and what if the controller is on Bluetooth.. another thing to setup.

If the WiiU controller was on PC, the screen would not be possible, due to the modified wireless technology they use, not to mention asking them to cash out 150$ JSUT for the controller, the receiver is extra.

You forgot the whole thing like most people in their native country of Japan wouldn't have a pc capable of doing anything related to gaming unless it's something really simple.

Um, every time I plug a keyboard or mouse into my computer I get an "installing drivers from device" message and what not. Why would it be that hard to include the drives in a small SD card inside the controller.

For instance, every time I unplug and replug my razor deathstalker keyboard, it wants to install that stupid control software for it that I never use.

OR,

Be normal and use the friggin KBM

There is no good reason for nintendo to not make pc games, other than they don't want to, which to them is a good reason.

Nintendo games are based around the experience they provide on their hardware. As in how well the hardware and software work together. Why do you think there were not many cross platform games that played well in the Wii? The companies and didnt take time to adapt the game well. Also there are the games that focus on the different input and make it feel like a gimmick. Even more so most good games on the Wii and Wii U have been built from the ground up to utilize the available hardware as best as possible. When you play them the controls as different as they are feel natural.

Nintendo games are based around the experience they provide on their hardware. As in how well the hardware and software work together. Why do you think there were not many cross platform games that played well in the Wii? The companies and didnt take time to adapt the game well. Also there are the games that focus on the different input and make it feel like a gimmick. Even more so most good games on the Wii and Wii U have been built from the ground up to utilize the available hardware as best as possible. When you play them the controls as different as they are feel natural.

That has only been as of late. You're thinking of it from a Wii only standpoint, previous to that, they were pretty much the same as the other 2 major consoles, just a game and a slightly different controller than the other 2, but still a similar control scheme. And as I said earlier, there is no reason they couldn't switch their controllers to USB and offer their games on PC, and sell the controllers themselves. If they did so, you'd buy it wouldn't you? I know I would.

That has only been as of late. You're thinking of it from a Wii only standpoint, previous to that, they were pretty much the same as the other 2 major consoles, just a game and a slightly different controller than the other 2, but still a similar control scheme. And as I said earlier, there is no reason they couldn't switch their controllers to USB and offer their games on PC, and sell the controllers themselves. If they did so, you'd buy it wouldn't you? I know I would.

The GameCube offered LAN game play (hence the handle and the addons at the bottom), 0 in game loading screen once started (giving a feeling closer to cartridge thanks to its dynamic loading system that they develop (with hardware implementation) and provided as engine for game developers. At the time this was hard to make due to memory restrictions), and the game controller was completely unique (Some say it is the best console controller ever made, even.. but of course it's all opinions, but I do agree with them, hence why it is now impossible to find it in store shelf and peopel are jumping on it despite supporting only 1 game: Smash Brothers for WiiU).

I do. I got a little mad that they just ignored the idea of better looking games and continued with their childish looking art style. I'd like to see them actually TRY to make something look good for once.

You telling Nintendo to be something it's not.

And graphics are not the gaming experience.

I could give a shit about Mario, I want a hyper-realistic Zelda game goddamnit.

Thats not Zebra though.

Waiting on a Wii Wii

The GameCube offered LAN game play (hence the handle and the addons at the bottom), 0 in game loading screen once started (giving a feeling closer to cartridge thanks to its dynamic loading system that they develop (with hardware implementation) and provided as engine for game developers. At the time this was hard to make due to memory restrictions), and the game controller was completely unique (Some say it is the best console controller ever made, even.. but of course it's all opinions, but I do agree with them, hence why it is now impossible to find it in store shelf and peopel are jumping on it despite supporting only 1 game: Smash Brothers for WiiU).

I did love the gamecube controller, and the gamecube itself.

You telling Nintendo to be something it's not. And graphics are not the gaming experience.

No, but when the entire experience is ruined for me because it looks like a child drew the game in sharpie, it definitely effects that experience. All I am asking is that they actually TRY and make something look good, as opposed to hiding behind the excuse that "well that's just our art style", which is exactly what that is. Eventually they will begin to lose customers if they do not keep up. I believe both Logan from Tek Syndicate and even Linus have said "what company, in the history of mankind, has EVER benefited from refusing to innovate?" which is exactly what nintendo has done. They can bring out all the controllers and control schemes they want, but at the end of the day, a game that looks like it was drawn in sharpie, is exactly that.

Thats not Zebra though.

Zelda? And OoT appeared to me to be trying to look more realistic than any of the other ones before or since.

Honestly, I think Nintendo makes better consoles than the American companies. The PS4 and XBO are just overhyped and people always criticize (especially us PC gamers), but I don't hear much comparing a PC to a Wii.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

All you people saying Nintendo should make a shift to PC with their games and controllers - No, I strongly disagree, unless you want to ruin who and what they are.

IMO, Nintendo needs to keep doing what it's doing; Stay exclusive, stay on their own hardware, keep pushing innovation and stay true to their roots. They offer an experience none of the other platforms/consoles can and a big part of that is because of exclusivity. It's not about the strength of the hardware but how they make the best of it while bringing unique, fun and interesting games to the table. It's all about the games and the experience. Xbone and PS4 just don't have that anymore - they lost it after the last generation.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Don't worry, it's just sensationalist headlinines. It'll still be another 3-4 years before there's another console.

Please quote me as saying otherwise, oh wait, you can't.

The headline was aimed at a post made here a few days ago in which AMD announced they were talking to a hardware partner about a new X86 based system and a new ARM based system causing all sorts of speculation about what the new systems might be, nothing more. If your going to shit spread please fuck off elsewhere and do it.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I did love the gamecube controller, and the gamecube itself.

Still my favourite controller.

No, but when the entire experience is ruined for me because it looks like a child drew the game in sharpie, it definitely effects that experience. All I am asking is that they actually TRY and make something look good, as opposed to hiding behind the excuse that "well that's just our art style", which is exactly what that is. Eventually they will begin to lose customers if they do not keep up. I believe both Logan from Tek Syndicate and even Linus have said "what company, in the history of mankind, has EVER benefited from refusing to innovate?" which is exactly what nintendo has done. They can bring out all the controllers and control schemes they want, but at the end of the day, a game that looks like it was drawn in sharpie, is exactly that

Again, I disagree. Nintendo switching to realistic styles and stuff will exactly do one thing: Taking away what makes Nintendo unique (well there are other things that make them unique as well, but you get my point). They'll blend in with other companies and probably eventually disappear, since other companies do it for so much longer. I highly doubt a Nintendo-egoshooter trying to compete against BF or CoD would stand much of a chance.

And I don't know how other people would react (it could be a surprisingly positive reaction), but I for one would simply stop buying their games if they were to discard their style. I buy Nintendo games because the game is awesome, not because the box has "Nintendo" written on it.

3 to 4 years of Wii U games that hopefully get a bit cheaper when the new console finally comes out.

Knowing Nintendo... Nope.

Please quote me as saying otherwise, oh wait, you can't.

The headline was aimed at a post made here a few days ago in which AMD announced they were talking to a hardware partner about a new X86 based system and a new ARM based system causing all sorts of speculation about what the new systems might be, nothing more. If your going to shit spread please fuck off elsewhere and do it.

I meant the headlines of the articles. Sorry.

I meant the headlines of the articles. Sorry.

No worries man :)

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

My hope is that the new console includes a blu-ray drive and is called the Nintendo Entertainment System. It's time to back to simplicity, convenience and excellence.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

My hope is that the new console includes a blu-ray drive and is called the Nintendo Entertainment System. It's time to back to simplicity, convenience and excellence.

And to play all those retro SNES games. I got my emulator on my PC and a cd full of over 2000 snes games. woop

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

This is great news for Nintendo fans. I wish they made games I want to play. Recycling old stuff does not appeal too me. But this is a great step forward for them.

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

The WiiU already has a blu-ray drive. It doesn't have a Blu-ray codec, because it costs money, and most people already have a DVD and/or blu-ray drive.

The cost of the codec is simply not worth it. Money that could be used to make the console cheaper, or used for improved hardware.

The WiiU already has a blu-ray drive. It doesn't have a Blu-ray codec, because it costs money, and most people already have a DVD and/or blu-ray drive.The cost of the codec is simply not worth it. Money that could be used to make the console cheaper, or used for improved hardware.

Nah, the Wii U uses a proprietary optical solution made by Nintendo and Panasonic. It might be very similar to BD (no one really knows for sure) as Panasonic do hold a few of the BD patents but its isn't BD and it isn't compatible with BD.

This is great news for Nintendo fans. I wish they made games I want to play. Recycling old stuff does not appeal too me. But this is a great step forward for them.

c6ed75ed07313247fca6eec2e0d73b7d.png