Its official, new console is Nintendo.

Master Disaster

4K is the future, that's a certainty. Whether Nintendo will support it, I'm not so sure. They only adopted 1080P with the Wii U and there games really wouldn't benefit from moving up to 4K.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4K is the future, that's a certainty. Whether Nintendo will support it, I'm not so sure. They only adopted 1080P with the Wii U and there games really wouldn't benefit from moving up to 4K.

They might possibly allow 4K scaling, but it's extremely unlikely that they will actually render games in 4K. I suppose it's possible, by the time the new console hits, though. We'll have to see what kind of hardware they can cram into it.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Why stupid? Assuming you buy correctly and get one with HDMI 2.0 or DP, so it fully supports 4K @ 60 Hz, then I don't see the problem? Sure, there isn't a ton of content, but there won't be until the TV is adopted more. Just look at HDTV's and Blu-Ray's. HDTV's, even 1080p ones, were readily available a lot earlier than Blu-Ray's were.

Plus 4K Blu-Ray's are coming. There are already "pseudo" 4K Blu-Ray's available right now (They are still 1080p, but they must have a higher bit-rate or something, as they are intended to scale to 4K with better detail).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc#4K_Blu-ray_Disc

4K Blu-ray's in 50GB (82 Mbps), 66GB (108 Mbps) and 100GB (128 Mbps) are coming Summer or Fall of 2015, with 4K Players available for Christmas 2015. I'm seriously going to consider getting a high quality 4K TV in time for that, so that I can pick up 4K Blu-Rays.

... my media server is gonna need bigger hard drives for the rips of those.

I just think it's a shame that we'll probably never see 4K Plasma TV's. However, OLED (Assuming they've worked out the kinks, I haven't been keeping track) should be a suitable replacement for a nice 4K TV.

its stupid because unless you hook it up to a PC, which most consumers dont do, 99% of the time youll just be watching 1080p content. There are very very few ways to get true 4K content especially easily and legally.

I see not point in buying stuff for future support. Just save your money and wait a year or two until the content is here and you can actually use the damn thing. Also ill say there wont be 4K tv for a minimum of 7 years and OTA for a min of 10.

4K for PC is plausible though but I still think id wait a bit on that as well so that it can mature more. Finally were getting a decent resolution upgrade but companies are used to sitting on their ass so iots taking them a bit to get up. Also I cant wait for the day when 1366x768 finally dies.