Its official, new console is Nintendo.

Master Disaster

You'd have a point if the PS4 and XBone weren't, to a point, weaker than the PS3... Nintendo is looking to do a catch up, and that's fine with me. Refined cell shading or perhaps an art style more akin to Twilight Princess would be welcome, and I'm sure implementing that on such an open world would require more power.

Care to elaborate on that? ... by, like, a lot?

Despite the PS4 being relatively lackluster when compared to mid and high-end gaming PC's, the PS4 is way WAY more powerful then the PS3.

Unless you mean something incredibly painfully obvious that it bears no mention, such as the PS3 having a larger library of games due to being like 8 freakin' years old (So obviously it has a larger library). Otherwise, I cannot possibly fathom what you mean.

Please explain.

However, the rest of your post I agree with. The WiiU was 7th generation console technology, being slightly more powerful than the 360 or PS3, but only slightly. Besides, we won't see the new successor console for at least 2 or 3 more years, at minimum.

On a side note: To think of all the people who complained about how long the last generation (7th gen) of consoles lasted. And now people are bitching that Nintendo is making a new console fairly quickly? Sure, these may not be the same people, but it does seem rather odd none the less.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Maybe we'll get hyper realistic Mario....

18_real_super_mario.jpg

That... that's so unsettling. Please, no. I feel like he's going to rape me when we make eye contact...

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

That... that's so unsettling. Please, no. I feel like he's going to rape me when we make eye contact...

1,000,000 Times This.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Wii U going bye bye? OH NO the only console that can do 1080p 60fps is gone xD I'ma laugh when the next one does 2160p 60fps which would make sense cause by the time this comes out AMD's next gen apus should be ready and 2160p TVs will be a bigger thing

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

now all nintendo has to do it make sure it is able to play first party games in 4k @ 30fps at least and it since its running on same arch it will play all X1 and PS4 games with ease

It won't. But we might see AA on Nintendo titles and higher polygon count, with improved physics in games due to the additional processing power. 4K 30Hz.. maybe the following console.

Nintendo is about manufacturing a low cost gaming system. They don't try to compete with PC, they don't try to get the best visuals. Nintendo has learned many things out of the WiiU, including increase cost and time of making HD games. And I think Nintendo is VERY pleased to have opted for a PowerPC CPU, despite its lack of performance due to fact that Nintendo knows the architecture very well (since the GameCube), making optimizations a much easier and faster task as they know how to work with it, with the years of experience they have.

I would love to see a Nintendo console derstory the PS4 and Xbone in processing power.

So what... next month Sony and Microsoft will release a new console with even more processing power. The only thing Nintendo can do, is wait for Sony and Microsoft to release their console first. When the WiiU was announced officially, people were saying how it is amazing processing wise. It didn't have much games, but it was impressive to everyone... until Sony and Microsoft both wanted to one-up Nintendo. If Nintendo releases it's console first, the same thing will happen again.

Care to elaborate on that? ... by, like, a lot?

He is probably talking about the cell processor.

There is no freaking way he takes the GPU into consideration when saying the PS4 is weaker than the PS3.

I am pretty sure the cell processor isn't powerful enough to make up the humongous performance gap created by the GPU either. I mean, the cell was fantastic at floats but so is the GPU in the PS4. On top of that, the SPEs in the PS3 were terrible at everything else since they lacked other things essential to a normal processor. The CPUs in the Xbone and PS4 are terrible, but I would not be surprised if the PS4 would perform worse if you swapped out the CPU for the cell processor.

Anyway I am excited for this new console. I don't think it's too soon since it's still a few years left. This is the phase consoles should be released at, not some painfully long ~8 years.

Nintendo have had some pretty innovative ideas (not all of them good, but still interesting) and I think it will be fun to see what they pull out of their sleeves this time.

So I guess this means that the console release cycles are going to be more frequent.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

This isn't really news.

Console developers always start Console development directly after launch of a new system.

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

This isn't really news.

Console developers always start Console development directly after launch of a new system.

Correct. All this confirms is that Nintendo is in talks with AMD... possibly looking at options for future GPU inside the console.

We will see if Nintendo with switch to x86, or fall in talks with IBM for a faster and/or more cores PowerPC

Am I the only one wishing Nintendo would wake up and make their games for PC as well as their rinky dink consoles?

Who here wouldn't buy a nintendo game for PC? Honestly?

Yeah it will never happen, but think of all the money they would make.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

he does state that the next Mario platformer will possibly be reserved for it.

Which means people that the next title is either not in development yet or is VERY early in development. Which means its at least 3 years from completion. But its likely not in development at all yet due to Miyamoto working on Star Fox and other Wii U projects first. So it won't be until 2017/18 till you see any new console/Mario platformer.

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

Glad about this; I thought of getting a Wii U in a moment, but even there it felt like it was already old hardware. If Nintendo brings something new, I may jump to it.

Am I the only one wishing Nintendo would wake up and make their games for PC as well as their rinky dink consoles?

Yes. Because Nintendo is not competing against PC.

They are about providing a unique experience to the consumer.

Going on PC will remove that, and provide no incentive for next version release game. Many Nintendo games aren't about story, but rather game play, game play that can only be experienced with the right controller.

I would not buy Nintendo games on PC. It might look nice at first, but playing Mario with a keyboard and mouse... no way.

You need the fine precision movement of a controller. Also, most people don't have a gaming capable PC. Nintendo will do more money with a console, not to mention that they usually make money on the console. Not to mention you have to ask people to buy a controller... a GOOD controller, and then you need to show them how to setup the game and the contorller.. what a mess.

Nintendo console are simple. You put the disc in, and you play.

Yes. Because Nintendo is not competing against PC.

They are about providing a unique experience to the consumer.

Going on PC will remove that, and provide no incentive for next version release game. Many Nintendo games aren't about story, but rather game play, game play that can only be experienced with the right controller.

1 simple thing makes that entire problem go away.

USB-Connector-Standard.jpg

#rekt

Glad about this; I thought of getting a Wii U in a moment, but even there it felt like it was already old hardware. If Nintendo brings something new, I may jump to it.

Next console will be old hardware. The same way people bash on Sony and Microsoft, despite much more powerful hardware than the WiiU, where not only they charge significantly more, but they get to enjoy 1 year after hardware over the WiiU.

Unless Nvidia is willing to give Maxwell GPUs for nearly free, same for AMD with their current gen GPUs, don't expect that.

1 simple thing makes that entire problem go away.

And the drivers? Keep in mind that the XBox 360 controller drivers are built-in Windows. If you have XP, you need to use the provided disk. Nintendo doesn't have it's drivers built-in Windows, and we didn't even talk about those and an Apple computer running MacOS.

Oh and how are you supposed to connect a PC to a TV?

Most people don't have an HDMI connector. Won't want to move that big computer that they have in the living room, which is probably noisy as well, and what if the controller is on Bluetooth.. another thing to setup.

If the WiiU controller was on PC, the screen would not be possible, due to the modified wireless technology they use, not to mention asking them to cash out 150$ JSUT for the controller, the receiver is extra.

And the drivers?

this little thing called "the developer"

this little thing called "the developer"

So you think my mom, who can't even install a software, but loves playing mario, will know how to install them?

So you think my mom, who can't even install a software, but loves playing mario, will know how to install them?

its a USB device dude....90% of the time they install on their own when you plug it in.

While this isn't "news,"  I'm excited to see what Nintendo can do with a bit more horsepower. Honestly Smash Bros performs GREAT.  I think that it really fits with their style.  

However, I can't help but think that they're saddled with the "Wii" branding and that this has really hurt their social platform.  I think that if they can get their friends stuff in order and get online play working to an acceptable level, this will be great for gamers. 

@TechBenchTV

Ex-NCIX Tech Tips Producer.  Linus hates my scripts. 

Eh.. no thanks. What I like about the Wii(U) is that it doesn't try to be a PC without a mouse (looking at you, xbone!). I don't like the "console exclusive"-concept because most of the games would work totally fine on PC. And while games like Mario Kart or SSB certainly would as well, since they support GCN/classic controllers, some of the games need the nunchuk or the dual screen-thingie of the WiiU, which separates them from the PC. If the games are console-exclusive because it has something that wouldn't work as great on a PC, I'm fine with buying a console.

And yes, I am aware of adapting the controls to PC being a possibility.

Regarding the new console: If it means that the Wii U is going to be cheaper, yes please!

With luck Nintendo won't be afraid to make it a bit chunky so they can shove better hardware in it. And they'll kinda make the motion stuff take the passenger seat.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Correct. All this confirms is that Nintendo is in talks with AMD... possibly looking at options for future GPU inside the console.

We will see if Nintendo with switch to x86, or fall in talks with IBM for a faster and/or more cores PowerPC

It doesn't even confirm that. OP just jumped the gun because what Miyamoto said upset him.