Its official, new console is Nintendo.

Master Disaster

For example, NSMBU was clearly intended for release on the original Wii, the menus use the button labels from the old Wii even though the new gamepad doesn't even have 1 & 2 buttons but they held it back to boost sales of the Wii U. One version of the major titles per generation is a really shitty practice. I think a short life cycle comes as a side effect of this policy

Double_facepalm.jpg

I don't even know where to start. The game is different than the previous versions, it doesn't play the same way, it supports way more features that the Wii simply could not handle in both CPU and GPU processing power. Doesn't mean that the menu is similar that automatically it is the same game.

Can they please make a console that doesn't have shit graphics?

Are you willing to spend 2000$ on a console? No.. then shit graphics it is.

No matter what they do, the hardware will HAVE TO be outdated, much like the PS4 and XBox One.

You'll get a shit CPU and shit GPU, and if you are lucky enough you may squeeze 2x AA.

And no they won't go with Nvidia GPUs, as they cost too much to enjoy other technologies that Nvidia provides.

Nintendo will target 350$ price tag, not 500 or 700$.

Expect that it won't have the screen controller like the WiiU, but expect the next 3DS version to have dual analogue sticks, and be able to use as such with the next home console, and no it wont' use your WiFi like the PS4 and Vita, or Nvidia Shield, which is simply dumb, as it cost the consumer a lot of money to get a powerful router to make it works right, and in addition, when in use it puts the home network down to a crawl.

Double_facepalm.jpgI don't even know where to start. The game is different than the previous versions, it doesn't play the same way, it supports way more features that the Wii simply could not handle in both CPU and GPU processing power. Doesn't mean that the menu is similar that automatically it is the same game.

The game starts and asks you to "Press 2 To Start". The gamepad doesn't even have a 2 button.

Explain that then?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Are you willing to spend 2000$ on a console? No.. then shit graphics it is.

No matter what they do, the hardware will HAVE TO be outdated, much like the PS4 and XBox One.

You'll get a shit CPU and shit GPU, and if you are lucky enough you may squeeze 2x AA.

Fair enough, but the Wii is far more outdated than the ps4 and xbone, at least to my knowledge.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Its not so much the quick life cycles that annoy me, its the practice of holding back games in order to boost sales of new hardware I don't like.

For example, NSMBU was clearly intended for release on the original Wii, the menus use the button labels from the old Wii even though the new gamepad doesn't even have 1 & 2 buttons but they held it back to boost sales of the Wii U. One version of the major titles per generation is a really shitty practice. I think a short life cycle comes as a side effect of this policy

Okay, "short." You do realize that we've had exactly 1 cycle longer than the typical 5-6 years since the NES, right? You're turning something into a trend without understanding how a trend is defined, and ignoring the fact the the Wii was basically dead in 2012, while the Wii U is DoA. You're trying to turn this into planned obsolescence while only looking at the parts of the story which prove your point.

P.S.: There's nothing to indicate Wii U being replaced before 2017, which is, wait for it.... 5 years. Wow, such an unusually short cycle. If only it were as long as the original XBo- oh. Well, it's shorter than the original PlaySt- oh. Well, shorter than the PS3 by a ye- oh wait, that was delayed a year. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Fair enough, but the Wii is far more outdated than the ps4 and xbone, at least to my knowledge.

It supports the Wii motes from the Wii system. The game assumes what most people have: The game pad and wiimotes.

Nintendo has basically stuck to the 5 year cycle that was set many generations ago. Also as it says in the title there is two more years left in the console. It's not like it's going away tomorrow.

New Super Mario Brothers u was not intended for release on Wii. That game was released on Dr, Wii, then 3DS and wii U. Each iteration of the game had slight refinements for each system as well as some new stuff. The Wii U's true mario platforms will be mario maker. The next one will be reserved because the current one isn't even out yet...

For the gen of a console it doesnt matter what hardware it has its when it was released.

There is also a good reason Nintendo isn't into mobile it's not a serious gaming platform yet. Also getting people to pay any sort of decent money for an app is hard as he'll, especially on Android.

The game starts and asks you to "Press 2 To Start". The gamepad doesn't even have a 2 button.

Explain that then?

Hands hi a wiimote. Are you happy now?

See here's the thing consoles inherently are not about the specs. But on the Wii y's more outdated hardware it is running 1080p@60fps most times in most games.

Okay, "short." You do realize that we've had exactly 1 cycle longer than the typical 5-6 years since the NES, right? You're turning something into a trend without understanding how a trend is defined, and ignoring the fact the the Wii was basically dead in 2012, while the Wii U is DoA. You're trying to turn this into planned obsolescence while only looking at the parts of the story which prove your point.

P.S.: There's nothing to indicate Wii U being replaced before 2017, which is, wait for it.... 5 years. Wow, such an unusually short cycle. If only it were as long as the original XBo- oh. Well, it's shorter than the original PlaySt- oh. Well, shorter than the PS3 by a ye- oh wait, that was delayed a year. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

No need to get arsey about it. Sure I'm seeing my side of the argument, that's cause A) its my point and B) no one has countered it yet.

For the last time I'm not arguing the life cycle is short, I'm arguing they're deliberately holding back on developing new titles for the existing console only to help out the next console. That's bad practice.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

See here's the thing consoles inherently are not about the specs. But on the Wii y's more outdated hardware it is running 1080p@60fps most times in most games.

Fair enough. I just wish they'd make their games look better. Tired of the cartoony cell shaded look.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

The only thing I hope for really is that I can just plug my external HDD from my Wii U into the new one, sync the gamepad and have all that at my fingertips. I don't know how likely this is to happen though as I believe the Wii and Wii U are both IBM PowerPC based.

Console doesn't come with a Wiimote though, it comes with a Wii U Gamepad so no I'm not happy. That's equal to PC games only showing Xbox labels cause you can get an Xbox pad for PC.

The only reason that is there is because the game was designed for the Wii then changed mid cycle to a Wii U game.

No need to get arsey about it. Sure I'm seeing my side of the argument, that's cause A) its my point and B) no one has countered it yet.

For the last time I'm not arguing the life cycle is short, I'm arguing they're deliberately holding back on developing new titles for the existing console only to help out the next console. That's bad practice.

You don't understand Miyamoto's development process at all. Miyamoto makes games specifically to take advantage of hardware. That's why he only reinvents Mario once per console. Would you rather Nintendo shift to a yearly model with even less changes?

Fair enough. I just wish they'd make their games look better. Tired of the cartoony cell shaded look.

But that's Nintendo? That's like dating Disney characters should be in a different style. Also ignoring stuff like hyrule warriors and Baynoetta. There's also the new Donkey Kong Country which has amazing fur, at least in my opinion.

Console doesn't come with a Wiimote though, it comes with a Wii U Gamepad so no I'm not happy. That's equal to PC games only showing Xbox labels cause you can get an Xbox pad for PC.

The only reason that is there is because the game was designed for the Wii then changed mid cycle to a Wii U game.

They assume you have one from your Wii. Also every Nintendo console has been built on selling accessories that expand what you can do on the console.

Also you say it was going to be a Wii game. The this is there was already one as well as a equivalent version on the DS and 3DS.

You don't understand Miyamoto's development process at all. Miyamoto makes games specifically to take advantage of hardware. That's why he only reinvents Mario once per console. Would you rather Nintendo shift to a yearly model with even less changes?

Correct this is also why they won't be heading to mobile or pc anytime soon, unless you want a box attached to it about as big as a console to use the required accessories.

I guess I've backed myself into a corner here cause yeah, I can see your point and I don't want a yearly rehash but I just find it annoying that they'd say in an interview that the next Mario game won't come until the new console comes. I already have the last console so maybe a compromise would be a version for both systems?

I guess I've backed myself into a corner here cause yeah, I can see your point and I don't want a yearly rehash but I just find it annoying that they'd say in an interview that the next Mario game won't come until the new console comes. I already have the last console so maybe a compromise would be a version for both systems?

I covered that point. He just means that the next Mario game on Wii U will essentially be SM3DW2. Never trust the sensationalist headlines until you've seen the context.

They tried that with twilight princess...

I'll bet within a year we will be hearing about Sony and Microsoft already starting to plan their next gen also. Simply because this generation was a complete disaster. Usually when a console generation releases it is equal to a mid/high end gaming computer but these are barely equivalent to a low end gaming computer and are quickly falling further and further behind and I believe the console makers have realize that because of the lower install base vs the previous gen at the same time. They stated before release that they were pushing for a 10 year console gen on this generation but I honestly dont think they will last 4 years.

8 cores now needed to make Mario, Mario. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

There's journalists arguing that there might not be a next gen, at least not as we know it. They say that Sony & MS might just push hard into streaming and digital distribution over this gen then next gen just release a streaming box type of deal. MS talked about how they wanted Xbone to be digital only and were still considering it a few months before Xbone released, Sony is working hard on Gaikai which is essentially what they need to do this. Funnily enough they all say Nintendo will do another gen before joining them in digital only.

These are only rumours mind but an interesting theory.

There's journalists arguing that there might not be a next gen, at least not as we know it. They say that Sony & MS might just push hard into streaming and digital distribution over this gen then next gen just release a streaming box type of deal. MS talked about how they wanted Xbone to be digital only and were still considering it a few months before Xbone released, Sony is working hard on Gaikai which is essentially what they need to do this. Funnily enough they all say Nintendo will do another gen before joining them in digital only.

These are only rumours mind but an interesting theory.

I don't think the average internet connection is good enough to justify that yet, especially with data caps. It's likely to be an option though.

now all nintendo has to do it make sure it is able to play first party games in 4k @ 30fps at least and it since its running on same arch it will play all X1 and PS4 games with ease

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85