[Closed] Gamingmas 2014

linusforsell
Go to solution Solved by linusforsell,

The following games were given out during Gamingmas 2014.

Congratulations to all the winners, better luck next time to the rest of you!

Day 10

Assassin's Creed: Unity on Uplay — Winners @Kayn and @Tie Lightning

ac87t2y4ns_small.png

Day 9

The Crew: Gold Edition on Uplay via Steam — Winner: @MyInnerFred --> @EarthboundHero

bf6278asjw_small.png

Far Cry 4: Gold Edition on Uplay — Winner: @ionbasa

okusy62hjs_small.png

Saints Row IV: Game of the Century Edition on Steam — Winners: @keithxue, @GhostWindGamer and @Jerakl

jus672jsyw_small.png

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Legendary Edition on Steam — Winners: @MountainDrew, @iSuzak and @Kloaked

hasjheu281_small.png

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor on Steam — Winner: @TheMidnightNarwhal

jhsy6ujlsw_small.png

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive on Steam — Winners: @Iankiller99 & @Laputacake

hjske2lksw_small.png

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag on Uplay — Winners: @kristaps552 & @DirtyFish

aljslh48ai_small.png

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare on Steam — Winners: @vandanved & @deviant88

p182u4p809_small.png

Dragon Age: Inquisition on Origin — Winner: @CartertheCOCguy

c123d12ffa_small.png

Good luck everyone!

The Updated sight is lagging the life out of me in chrome :(

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

@linusforsell you might want to edit the formatting of the 'Average entries per game' as it currently reads:

Maybe cut it down to two decimal places?  ;)

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

Seems like Chrome really hates that website. When I enter it my cpu's load on idle goes up from 5% to 70% and if I scroll around it ramps up to 98% :o
Old Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.66GHz #stillfasterclocksspeedsthan #nextgenconsoles

Just entered, great idea man. Website is nice and slick as well, if only it ran well on my laptop (damn AMD V140)

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I heard that on eleventh day it will be half life 3 :P

Wow, awesome work man. The colors are so dammn beautiful! 

I'm surprised to see you don't like the elder scrolls though  :o

It is pretty much a new highlight of my life whenever they finally

release a new TES game.

Wow, awesome work man. The colors are so dammn beautiful!

I'm surprised to see you don't like the elder scrolls though :o

release a new TES game.

I heard ESO was gonna be the last one. Talk about ending on a low note

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

I heard ESO was gonna be the last one. Talk about ending on a low note

i was never the least bit excited nor interested in ESO at all. 

TES is superb fantastic single player games, and many of

those qualities are completely lost in all the restrictions that

comes with mmo games.. not to mention the game was't 

developed by bethesda. 

i played it abit in the beta and decided not to buy it, if ESO 

truly is the last game... well, my life is substantially less

worth living. Maybe not worth living :P

If there is going to be more elder scrolls games, it will be

several years from now, it's always something i can look

forward to.

Edited by tobben

"I can't stand it personally"

OMG ME TOO LINUS! But if I win, I'll give it to one of my friends :)

Darn I missed the entry for Shadow of Mordor because of finals and essays and work. Ah well. Good luck all!

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

The Updated sight is lagging the life out of me in chrome :(

Seems like Chrome really hates that website. When I enter it my cpu's load on idle goes up from 5% to 70% and if I scroll around it ramps up to 98% :o

Old Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.66GHz #stillfasterclocksspeedsthan #nextgenconsoles

Just entered, great idea man. Website is nice and slick as well, if only it ran well on my laptop (damn AMD V140)

Added a performance mode for you guys—You can toggle it in the top right corner. Sorry for the inconvenience!

@linusforsell you might want to edit the formatting of the 'Average entries per game' as it currently reads:

Maybe cut it down to two decimal places?  ;)

Oh, thanks for pointing that out; Fixed!

I heard that on eleventh day it will be half life 3 :P

I'm contractually obliged to say nothing if this rumor were arise.  :ph34r:

I'm surprised to see you don't like the elder scrolls though  :o

release a new TES game.

Animations and how a character interacts with the environment can make or break a game for me; And on these points, Skyrim was one of the worst games I have ever seen. I had to hold myself back as not to barf. I lasted less than 20 minutes before I turned it off for good.  :mellow:

Cheers,

Linus

Oh damn, I really hope I get the Skyrim one.

Last time I had this game was about 2 years ago when I accidentally tipped off of my Xbox, and it scratched the CD causing a ring of death on it. :l

| CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.4Ghz  | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming  | CPU COOLING: FRACTAL DESIGN S36 | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus Vii HERO | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600MHz  | CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 850W Fully Modular | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | SSD: 256GB Crucial MX100 | DISPLAY: Dell U2414H | HEADSET: Corsair H2100 Dolby 7.1 Surround |

Oh damn, I really hope I get the Skyrim one.

Last time I had this game was about 2 years ago when I accidentally tipped off of my Xbox, and it scratched the CD causing a ring of death on it. :l

Have you not played it on PC? I hope you have plenty of ram and Vram for all the mods you will want to install :D

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Have you not played it on PC? I hope you have plenty of ram and Vram for all the mods you will want to install :D

Nope, never played it on PC, also the textures on the 360 were absolute trash, you could see Skyrim marked the end of the life for that console.

| CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.4Ghz  | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming  | CPU COOLING: FRACTAL DESIGN S36 | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus Vii HERO | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600MHz  | CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 850W Fully Modular | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | SSD: 256GB Crucial MX100 | DISPLAY: Dell U2414H | HEADSET: Corsair H2100 Dolby 7.1 Surround |

Nope, never played it on PC, also the textures on the 360 were absolute trash, you could see Skyrim marked the end of the life for that console.

Oh man. If you get it, you will me so amazed (depending on your rig). If you don't get it, I highly recommend buying it. Completely worth the money. Not only can you use Nexus mods, but Steam has mods available in the workshop, all you do is "subscribe" to a mod, and steam automatically downloads and installs it for you.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Animations and how a character interacts with the environment can make or break a game for me; And on these points, Skyrim was one of the worst games I have ever seen. I had to hold myself back as not to barf. I lasted less than 20 minutes before I turned it off for good.  :mellow:

Well, i can actually understand that completely. 

For me it's just a part of the charm, but i can 

definitely see it being very off putting to someone

not being used to it. I have quirks that will make

me almost instantly disregard something regardless

of its qualities aswell. Things i'm just not able to look

past, but in this particular case it wouldn't be TES

without it :P

it's a shame though, because the game is amazing. 

Atleast if you want a cool rpg experience. The world,

the exploration, the adventure, the everything, gives

me butterflies in my stomach.

25 minutes left for Shadow of Mordor—Anyone who can guess tomorrow's game?

The Crew ?

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

Thank you, Linus! The performance mode seems to be working like a charm (still a bit crazy for a website but at least it's not 70-100% cpu usage).
I will honestly say that I'm really not sure as to why Skyrim is That popular. It's a good game I guess but there are many things that really annoy me (like the combat system). I love Oblivion a lot more. Will participate in the draw though ^^" 
GTA V though is something that I'm Really looking forward to as someone who doesn't own a console! (Though, I will only be able to enjoy it after I build my new pc which will take a while. Bummer)

Thank you, Linus! The performance mode seems to be working like a charm (still a bit crazy for a website but at least it's not 70-100% cpu usage).

I will honestly say that I'm really not sure as to why Skyrim is That popular. It's a good game I guess but there are many things that really annoy me (like the combat system). I love Oblivion a lot more. Will participate in the draw though ^^" 

GTA V though is something that I'm Really looking forward to as someone who doesn't own a console! (Though, I will only be able to enjoy it after I build my new pc which will take a while. Bummer)

Haha, you're welcome!

The biggest performance impact is the large scaling background for the game cover; Not much I can do about that issue unfortunately. But I'm glad turning off some of the novelties made it more usable.

And I'm with you on the Oblivion part; I loved that game. Skyrim felt like a humongous step down from that in my eyes—But obviously that's very subjective, haha.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Linus

Cheers,

Linus

I hate the levelling in Oblivion though, although it was cool using enchantments to be able to train your character to have level 200+ athleticism so he could jump over town walls and such. 

Am I the only one who doesn't really understand this thread?

yup. :P

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Am I the only one who doesn't really understand this thread?

Let me know if there's something unclear about it; What exactly is that you do not understand about the thread?

Cheers,

Linus

Cheers,

Linus