Anti-virus 2014 test is out

qwertywarrior

http://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/avc_rem_201411_en.pdf

source

http://www.av-comparatives.org/removal-tests/

AVG and bitdefender wins a 88 points

edit :more information and personal input into your OP. That would be much appreciated!

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Are you serious? Avast fell behind crapware?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

behind crapware?

I consider AVG crapware.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Or do like i do and use deep freeze :D

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

I consider AVG crapware.

what about the non free version is that crapware ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

what about the non free version is that crapware ?

i think of it as like mcafee. so yeah, still crapware, free or paid.

I love how they didn't even bother test Norton/Symantec stuff...

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

I love how they didn't even bother test Norton/Symantec stuff...

Same here. Neither di dthey test McAfee. Both total shitware.

Emsisoft lol hows that for a misspelling.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

People still use anti-viruses in the year 2015 minus 22 days?

You'd have to be stupid not to. Even pop up ads still contain java exploits that get in purely because you rendered the web page.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I seriously thought this would be Anti-Virus 2014 but when i opened the page all i seen was avg and avast :(

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

You'd have to be stupid not to. Even pop up ads still contain java exploits that get in purely because you rendered the web page.

Uh, no. You'd be stupid if you got a virus in the first place.

I haven't used anti-virus since around 2006. I haven't encountered a single issue, because I am not tech illiterate and actually have common sense.

Also, that's what security add-ons like AdBlock and NoScript are for.

I haven't used anti-virus since around 2006. I haven't encountered a single issue, because I am not tech illiterate and actually have common sense.

so in a way you ARE using an anti-virus. "stupid" is a strong word. Don't be such an arrogant jerk.

I run adBlock and NoScript and still get java and pdf exploits sometimes because of the damn background ads that run on tv show sites like watchseries, fairytailclub, naruget, etc.. I guarantee you have a couple on your system if you've been anywhere that can bring up an external page.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I run adBlock and NoScript and still get java and pdf exploits sometimes because of the damn background ads that run on tv show sites like watchseries, fairytailclub, naruget, etc.. I guarantee you have a couple on your system if you've been anywhere that can bring up an external page.

Java needs to be specifically and manually allowed to run each individual instance on your system. If you are getting Java exploits, you're doing something wrong.

Random PDFs are blocked by NoScript, or automatically by Firefox and any other browser that is actually decent. If you are getting PDF exploits, you're also doing something wrong.

I do not have any on my system.

Java needs to be specifically and manually allowed to run each individual instance on your system. If you are getting Java exploits, you're doing something wrong.

Random PDFs are blocked by NoScript, or automatically by Firefox and any other browser that is actually decent. If you are getting PDF exploits, you're also doing something wrong.

I do not have any on my system.

I use the most recent version of Google Chrome. It's not my browser choice. Second, no, javascript runs without your consent. Third, bullshit.