Why was: MoH: Warfighter a failure?

XTankSlayerX

As the title says, i remember not liking it when it first launched on the Xbox360swagscope, but 2 years later (I think) this has become the only game i play on PC. Its the best close quarters FPS i've ever played. Beating out the hours of fun i've had with Battlefield.

The single player, its okay; i dont find anything wrong with it and it has a tacked on story of a soldier who has issues with his wife and his work, but other than that the gameplay is still rather intresting and fun.

Now, the multiplayer!

This is the most fun I've ever (probably not, cant remember its 5 Am) had! The maps are decent for a rush style game mode where you plant and defend objectives. There are a lot of flanking options and some good spots to defend. Probably the only issue with multiplayer (both a pro and a con) is that there are no shot guns as a primary weapon! FANTASTIC!! i personlly think shotguns are more of a noobish weapon, considering most of them are a one hit kill and you only fire one shot. They can get very annoying when you can only get 2 bullets into the guy. Also, the thing that males everything so much more better, are the animations and the depth of field effects with the scopes. The animations for specifically the sniper rifle is very nice when your loading another round in to the chamber when your still ADSing.

The level of both cosmetic and functional of customization is fantastic as well! The thing that sold me on playing this game to death is that you can play as a Canadian soldier, im a proud Canadian citizen so its very nice to see that as well (your decked out in Canadian flags, which i like a lot!)

I'm going to stop there, what are your thoughts on thisb(imo: awesome) game?

It was RIDDLED with SO many bugs, like any game, but these were also Frostbite Engine bugs that were similar to other FB engine games bugs,..should have been squashed before launch considering other frostbite games had their updates,..., it also took FOREVER to get them sorted out, by then...people were like...

giphy.gif

I have it, played about 26 hours overall across the first month.

It quickly became a ghost town finding local servers (AU) and by then I had moved on, like everyone else...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Because it was basically the exact same as MoH: TM

The multiplayer got super boring real fast and had a ton of bugs and connectivity issues.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Trying to launch a mediocre game in an oversaturated market, that's what happened.

"Oh look, something is succesful. Let's all jump on it and saturate it to death, what's the worst that can happen" - AAA Industry.

It was RIDDLED with SO many bugs, like any game, but these were also Frostbite Engine bugs that were similar to other FB engine games bugs,..should have been squashed before launch considering other frostbite games had their updates,..., it also took FOREVER to get them sorted out, by then...people were like...

giphy.gif

I have it, played about 26 hours overall across the first month.

It quickly became a ghost town finding local servers (AU) and by then I had moved on, like everyone else...

Was it not unreal engine for Single player and Frostbite for online? 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

Multiplayer shooters are pretty dead to me since arena FPSs basically died off a few years ago... even quake live got ruined recently...

I just can't stand cod-style shooters, they have in my eyes a slew of defects I just can't accept.

1) regen health - aka no resource management with no health pickups to risk exposing yourself to get to - aka camp fest

2) you die so fast it's impossible to react when shot from behind - aka blind luck of finding yourself behind an enemy is a huge factor

3) just a couple of weapons at a time that you choose before spawning and can't be picked up anywhere, many also need to be unlocked - hence uneven playing field for those who haven't unlocked all weapons and a huge lack of variety in combat tactics.

4) the physics. My oh my. non-existant jumps (got kind of fixed in cod-aw, but the other problems still remain), ultra-slow movements, bullets travel perfectly straight - I'm ok with bullet physics being simplistic, but only if it takes more than a couple of shots to kill a guy. Slow movements and no jump make it impossible to dodge bullets in any way.

5) autoaim - I'm not sure if moh has this too, but cod has some autoaim algorythms embedded in the game which activate in certain conditions. You way have seen some "omg 1080 quickscope mlg pro" video, well "quickscoping" is one way to activate the autoaim algorythms.

6) killstreaks - again idk how this works in moh, but in cod killstreaks are so random the score just doesn't make sense anymore at a certain point.

7) finally the campaign - cool story or not, I can't stand playing a game that 100% holds your hand throughout the whole gameplay and forces you to do everything exactly as indended or fail. It's basically an advanced QTE or a masked rail shooter, and a short one at that. There are games I enjoy because of the story, but the gameplay must be at least entertaining and give you a little freedom, otherwise I can't stand it.

That's my 2 cents on the matter, take it as you will :)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Was it not unreal engine for Single player and Frostbite for online? 

Thats the 2010 MOH game, but not MOH:Warfighter.

I liked that 2010 SP & MP more than Warfighters

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Because Black Ops 2 was released at the same time.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Thats the 2010 MOH game, but not MOH:Warfighter.

I liked that 2010 SP & MP more Warfighters

Ohhh Yeah..I completely forgot about the newer one! 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

I have the game for ps3 (back when i didn't have a proper PC, I'm #pcmasterrace now, so don't worry) and i never really liked it that much, it was okay at best from what i remember. I might just give it a shot again, if there's still people playing.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

Multiplayer shooters are pretty dead to me since arena FPSs basically died off a few years ago... even quake live got ruined recently...

I just can't stand cod-style shooters, they have in my eyes a slew of defects I just can't accept.

1) regen health - aka no resource management with no health pickups to risk exposing yourself to get to - aka camp fest

2) you die so fast it's impossible to react when shot from behind - aka blind luck of finding yourself behind an enemy is a huge factor

3) just a couple of weapons at a time that you choose before spawning and can't be picked up anywhere, many also need to be unlocked - hence uneven playing field for those who haven't unlocked all weapons and a huge lack of variety in combat tactics.

4) the physics. My oh my. non-existant jumps (got kind of fixed in cod-aw, but the other problems still remain), ultra-slow movements, bullets travel perfectly straight - I'm ok with bullet physics being simplistic, but only if it takes more than a couple of shots to kill a guy. Slow movements and no jump make it impossible to dodge bullets in any way.

5) autoaim - I'm not sure if moh has this too, but cod has some autoaim algorythms embedded in the game which activate in certain conditions. You way have seen some "omg 1080 quickscope mlg pro" video, well "quickscoping" is one way to activate the autoaim algorythms.

6) killstreaks - again idk how this works in moh, but in cod killstreaks are so random the score just doesn't make sense anymore at a certain point.

7) finally the campaign - cool story or not, I can't stand playing a game that 100% holds your hand throughout the whole gameplay and forces you to do everything exactly as indended or fail. It's basically an advanced QTE or a masked rail shooter, and a short one at that. There are games I enjoy because of the story, but the gameplay must be at least entertaining and give you a little freedom, otherwise I can't stand it.

That's my 2 cents on the matter, take it as you will :)

This. I'm with you, this is completely why I don't play multiplayer shooters.

To those that dislike multiplayer FPS, what about CS?

To those that dislike multiplayer FPS, what about CS?

CS is a joke. It's basically the same game we had almost 15 years ago. I can't tell you how much I want to kill myself every time I see Dust load. Seriously, they need to revamp that game and not just a minor graphics update. 

I got both MoH games and did not really like the first one and didn't play it that much,

But Warfighter was actually really good, i really enjoyed the multiplayer, sadly i had a problem with not enough people playing it, so servers where hard to find and my favorite maps and gamemodes where not played that much.

But i really enjoyed the weapons and some of the maps but i only own it for my PS3 but i don't really use it anymore.

snip

For me this game was a "Oops I forgot to buy this", it looked good but I forgot it existed.

I cant even launch the game

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii