PCMasterRace is Ignorant

Suika

It really saddens me how this thread is STILL going... 

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

It really saddens me how this thread is STILL going... 

There's actually been quite a bit of civilized conversation sustaining this thread which is nice to see for a change, especially considering the topic of discussion.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Not quite true for the ps4 if I remember correctly, but definitely yes for the xboxes, though you can just set up a VPN over the internet and play system link on the xbox, even the originals.

Playstation plus (pay service) is required to play online

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

More of this?

Most people here that say "PCMasterRace" or something like that are being sarcastic and don't actually mean it. We know that there are reasons, drawbacks and advantages to both consoles and PC.

I am pretty sure most people mean it and those who sah it sarcastically is the minotiry.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

But.. But mods and Steam sales?

The point isn't what platform is better, it is that console gaming does have its upsides despite what all of these PCMasterRace "Brethren" may say

I either use it ironicly or to express the pleasure of playing on three monitors, and all the other options available compared to consoles.

Quite frankly, if I had to buy a sub 1000$ PC for gaming i'd just get a console.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

I am pretty sure most people mean it and those who sah it sarcastically is the minotiry.

"Most people here"

I know very few people on the forum who mean it. Almost every time I see someone say it, it's being sarcastic or poking fun at those who say it seriously. 

I have both, i love me PC for arma and fps gamez and i like playing madden on my PS4. Is that a problem?

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

-Snip-

OP, you're the ignorant one.

Do not go around and assume that everyone sides with PC without knowing the pros and cons of both sides. The benefits outweighs the cons when juxtaposing PC with consoles.

Usability and flexibility are the main benefits of having a PC overall.

You think consoles are great? Yes, they can be but if your main argument is pricing on both media then you're wrong. If you're a little kid that only needs a console for gaming, console without a doubt a great cheap choice. However the usability and flexibility of  your PC for school, gaming, watching media, and accessibility is much better.

The reason why consoles are deemed so cheap is because the companies subsidized the cost of console and lose a bit of money. Their main revenue comes from the games that are sold. If you were to take apart the consoles at release date, you would have hardware that valued more than what you payed for.

PC can do everything a console can do and much more. Consoles are going to get outdated more and more. 

Before you bash on me, I played and collected consoles growing up but you cannot argue that consoles are overall better. Its like trying to argue that a bicycle is much better than a car because you don't have to use fuel. The amount of money you save over time is much greater than the amount you save initially when purchasing a console. Think of investments which is a concept you seem to not understand.

-insert gif/jpeg here-

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

this whole thread is just

the title is a given without any need for evidence, just go there and see for yourself seriously guys wtf

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

WHY.

why does this thread exist? why are people reading it? why are people still posting in it. Leave it alone. Let it die. I don't want to see it again. We've all fought about this a million times and it never goes anywhere. just fuckin noooooooooo.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

I'm kind of surprised this thread reached 11 pages..

Final say is let people play what they want to play. *You* are not the one who bought their platform, *you* are not the one who is living with that person and *you* have zero input on what someone else is into. Some like playing Skyrim that's modded to hell and back and others like Persona. It's just how it is. I'm a gamer, not an elitist child who cries because someone is playing a game I'm not.

The thing is, recent console games, dont have that local multiplayer experience from years back, its just a single player game on a less powerfull platform, only nintendo games have local multiplayer.

and before you point out diablo 3, fifa, and.... well there have to be some more multiplayer games, but they are so few that you cant really count that as a feature anymore.

I'm with Slick on this one that a PC and a WiiU is probably the best combo if you had to add a console into the mix. XB1 and PS4 aren't really that interesting to me, but that doesn't matter. I simply don't get those systems, not bash someone else who games on them. Really, exclusives are what fuels consoles, not raw power. It's why I want a WiiU. I have a PC that outclasses console raw power in every way in spite of it being 3 years old now based around Sandy Bridge, but you can't sit on the couch with your gf and play Mario Kart 8  or SSB4 on a PC. Two entirely different experiences. You go Nintendo to play IPs such as Mario and Zelda, not see how badly Watchdogs runs on it.

*Dodgy emulation doesn't count and even games as far back as the mid 90's era don't always emulate properly. Pokemon Stadium (N64) and Steambot Chronicles (PS2) are two games that fail to emulate properly that I've tried. The former has graphical issues and the latter is completely unplayable as opening the menu turns the screen black. Emulation is not the end all for PC to play everything. Even PC Master Race has limitations.

Dude, the whole Glorious PC Master Race thing is a joke, it has always been a joke.

There's no need to be upset about that, it was supposed to give you a good laugh, not to make PC gamers superior to console gamers in any way.

As a member of the Glorious PC Master Race, I like to play on consoles with my friends.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

I have a dual core i3 with a 7770 2GB, and can run far cry 4 at max settings 1080p 60fps easily. My entire build cost like $550. 

Dont have money for a game? torrent it..

I used a keyboard and mouse on my ps3 fat that had Linux on it but those were the days when the consoles the were released were highly powered machines made with quality components, hell people got together with a whole bunch of ps3s made a supercomputer based on Linux to hack ssl years ago. Now consoles are cheap underpowered and poorly assembled by labour that doesn't even get paid 'foxconn' to name one. Consoles have their place but compared to a 4K gaming beast they just are a babies toy. I know that's like comparing a Ferrari to a Prius but you will always have someone that says I rather a Prius wanting to save the environment or some crap.. Bitch Please I take the Ferrari..

When we talk about the PCGMR, we aren't talking about the peasantry of the console games. we have no problem with the games, just the restrictive, underpowered hardware that players are locked into. Us PC Gamers pride ourselves on our machines not because they're absolutely freaking powerful, but because they can actually run games at high settings, high resolutions and high framerates. For instance, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is literally one of my favourite games of all time. If I can drive it at 1080p with AF and AA, I will be all the happier playing it, because it looks so freaking nice and buttery-smooth. Not ot mention that our computers are a point of sentimentality. They are machines that we pour our hearts and souls into (along with several hundred dollars) and that we spent hours constructing with our own hands. All the consoles are the exact same computer. They are all identical, whereas no two PCs are exactly alike. they're special to their owners.

It's not the games we taunt and jeer at. It's the sheer inability of the consoles they're played on to drive those games at graphical settings that make them look as visually appealing as they can, that we jeer at. These APUs that the consoles are running have 1024 stream processors and 8GB of shared GDDR5 or 3 on the Xbone. That should be more than enough to play a game at 1080p with fairly high settings, yet these consoles look and feel absolutely horrendous. Locked at 792p at 30fps? Gag me with a spoon...

And it's true, most of us aren't totally dead-set on wiping consoles from the face of the planet. It's just that we wouldn't go near them, because you can do anything that a console can do on a PC and more. Every single game controller from every single console in existence since the dawn of video games will work almost seamlessly on a PC because we have the Universal Serial Bus, Bluetooth and an internet full of bored programmers who write cheap, small but effective drivers for the controllers. With the way things are looking with the Steambox being released next year with a proper GPU and fully-backed GPU drivers for Linux, consoles will be wiped off the face of the planet whether the PCGMR wishes it or not.

I know people are just gonna snip this, so don't even bother. just read and be on with your day.

When game consoles first came out, they were better than computer's of the time, with the original xbox being a good example, after that however they equaled PCs (PS3/360) and now they perform the same as computers released years previously. And if you compare the quality of games on PCs to consoles, there is a massive difference. Combine that with the fact that the next gen console graphics share system memory, they just don't have the resources of a PC to run games at the best quality. An 8 Core CPU means nothing in games if the rest of the system lags behind. Give my one of the old consoles any day, I've still got the computer I had when I got my xbox, and it just doesn't compare at all to the console, even though it has lower specs everything looks and plays better.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Despite all the reasoning for/against consoles, and I might add that they are some pretty dam good ones, YOU BUY THE CONSOLE FOR THE EXCLUSIVE GAME/EXPERIENCE YOU CAN ONLY GET ON SAID DEVICE!

Lets just say you want to play the new Legend of Zelda. You don't think to yourself "Hmmmm, I wonder if my pc can run the game at op settings or maybe I should just buy the new console." You buy the dam console because it is the only way you can play the fucking game. 

anyway to sticky this post?

I play consoles and PC, been playing my PS2 more than my PC lately.

Who could blame you, what is there to play lately... I've been replaying the old tomb raiders lately. Think after that maybe Kotor or Jade Empire. Anything but those shitty console ports.

Btw, PS2 is from the era they where the consoles and PC's were mutually disjoint. And they were actually still consoles, not shitty versions of PC's.

God of War is amazing also Crash of the Titans and other games, I own the PS2 slim.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Only if the OP thinks the same!

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

This is the same for pc and console alike, except pc has more exclusives than both new consoles combined.  Though yes it comes down to exclusives, no point in 4k/144fps blah blah if the game you really want to play is on a console, for instance smash bros is a system seller imo and makes the entire console worth it for that one game for alot of people.

Though I just play ProjectM(modded smash bros) through an emulator, with better aa options and dsr etc it looks the same if not better than the new smash just out. Again flexability pc can pritty much do it all.