PCMasterRace is Ignorant

Suika

Are you a games journalist by trade?

What has that to do with anything? You shouldn't post crap.

No no no, you're supposed to throw a red herring my way. Turn me into a mysogynist or something and dodge criticism.

What the hell are you talking about?

Not gonna lie, that power supply made me cringe a bit... But it's overall a really great low-budget build.

Well, I highly doubt the xbone has anything better ^^ could still get a 265 instead of a 270 and get a better psu of course.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

That is actually a valid argument although most guys do use that to counteract those guys who say "console & PC are same" or "Consoles are better than PC gaming",

From a regular guys(non-gamer) perspective both sides are waging too much to just play a game, from a true gamers point of view it's tuned to individual taste , They don't pick sides, they understand the nature of gaming & that's all that matters.

But like you said You're right, it's starting to get /already is generally ignorant , when that power turns into a blind mob mentality & an excuse to attack anything that moves, it's a weird thing to watch, they go in & attack anything with the word "console" & "good" in it, & it's encouraged, i don't care who started it, but no one know what to do now. just going with the flow now, it takes a whole different perspective to figure it out & see it in action as it happens. typical human nature , it's not just this , it's everything you think is stable, going around you.

Details separate people.

A computer to browse the internet and do computery things. A decent computer will cost you $500 - $700, and a console will cost you $350-$400, why not just get a computer and then upgrade it a bit so that it can play games? An $800 gaming computer or a $500 computer + $400(and more) gaming console? It makes more sense to me to just get a computer that can do it all:D

This so much.

Every time I hear people make the argument about cost they forget about this. So..You just don't have a computer?

I've barely touched a console, although my roommate had a 2 year old 360 that overheated after 5min (this is his 3rd xbox360). I fixed it for him, using my PC knowledge, I replaced the TIM with some I had laying around, . 

I've had way more issues with my brief exposure to consoles then custom PCs I've build over time. My only issue was a year ago when the GTX570 in my old system was clogged with dust. I'd like to see a 360 which has lasted the full 8 years.

Saying that, I would never tell a console gamer who is tech/computer illiterate to start PC gaming.

2x GTX780 (@1.29ghz) | 2x 840evo 250GB raid0 | i5 4690k (@4.7ghz) | Watercooled Modded H440 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/255872-project-whiteout-v20-h440-watercooled-3xradiators-10-fans

People need to understand that not everyone wants to play on PC, not everyone wants to build and configure a PC to play games. Some people prefer the simplicity of consoles, you take it out of the box, put in a game and it just works, no configuring settings, or changing key bindings. Sure the quality of gaming on PC is much better, but no need to call people peasants because they don't want to play on PC.

Last time I checked, the consoles didn't support developers of visual novels in Japan which is a other form of entertainment similar to games, thus consoles do not accommodate for all demographics, nationalities and media. 

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

People need to understand that not everyone wants to play on PC, not everyone wants to build and configure a PC to play games. Some people prefer the simplicity of consoles, you take it out of the box, put in a game and it just works, no configuring settings, or changing key bindings. Sure the quality of gaming on PC is much better, but no need to call people peasants because they don't want to play on PC.

Consoles are not that simple anymore, you have to mess around buying subscriptions, creating accounts, installing games to the hard drive, downloading them to your tiny hard drive, setting up wifi, etc etc etc, its not as simple as putting a cartridge in, I mean the PS1 was simple my dad could use it, he could not work a PS4

On PC, its similar, plug in pc, set up account, create steam account, find and buy game, download and install, launch game, pick low/medium or high settings and resolution and off you go OR just have geforce experience optimise all game settings so yo don't have to

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The thing is no company actually cares about console. Microsoft and Sony both downgraded from the hardware used in the Xbox 360 and PS2 & 3 due to loss in profits. The reason why the PS2 and 3 were good in terms of compute power was the custom processor built by IBM, Toshiba and Sony (all pc manufacturers) for general purpose compute performance in algorithms and graphics handling. However, this was expensive to manufacture and thus cost them more money to produce, advertise and sell the console. Thus they downgraded, not for the consumer gain but for their gain in the profit margin.

So I would say that the console peasants are ignorant.

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

SNIP

yeah I mean wasnt he PS3 like a £100 LOSS on each unit? thats why they were pretty powerful at the time

This time around they make profit on each console, and did this by putting low end hardware into it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

yeah I mean wasnt he PS3 like a £100 LOSS on each unit? thats why they were pretty powerful at the time

This time around they make profit on each console, and did this by putting low end hardware into it

exactly so they don't actually care about the consumer experience.

exactly so they don't actually care about the consumer experience.

What microsoft shoul do, is make the next XBOX a normal PC, but with a "console OS" that automatically picks game settings and runs them in an optimised way for that specific hardware, then the people installing it on windows can run it with custom settings/resolutions etc, and the console users can buy cheap hardware with fixed settings to make it easier and cheaper

What microsoft shoul do, is make the next XBOX a normal PC, but with a "console OS" that automatically picks game settings and runs them in an optimised way for that specific hardware, then the people installing it on windows can run it with custom settings/resolutions etc, and the console users can buy cheap hardware with fixed settings to make it easier and cheaper

here comes the steam box

here comes the steam box

YES

YES

Who needs a console? alienware alpha.. gigabyte brix, steam box, 

Who needs a console? alienware alpha.. gigabyte brix, steam box, 

Absolutely, im sure microsoft could work on a "console windows 10" to make it easier

And I'm pretty sure you can't mod games on a console e.g. SKYRIM

Consoles are not that simple anymore, you have to mess around buying subscriptions, creating accounts, installing games to the hard drive, downloading them to your tiny hard drive, setting up wifi, etc etc etc, its not as simple as putting a cartridge in, I mean the PS1 was simple my dad could use it, he could not work a PS4

On PC, its similar, plug in pc, set up account, create steam account, find and buy game, download and install, launch game, pick low/medium or high settings and resolution and off you go OR just have geforce experience optimise all game settings so yo don't have to

I suppose, but consoles don't require as much background knowledge as PC's do. One of my friends recently got into PC gaming, he has loved the experience, but he has had quite a few issues when running games, that has almost turned him off. He had issues with outdated drivers crashing his games, and although that sounds like a simple problem, but for someone with not much knowledge it was a huge problem for him and it took him hours to find the problem. That is just something that wouldn't happen on consoles. Of course I think PC gaming is superior, and even though consoles have become more complicated, I think that for some people consoles are just a better option.

Saying console gaming is cheaper than pc gaming because a console costs less is, in my eyes, foolish and ignorant. You need a computer anyway  for the many other mundane tasks you need to do and the additional cost to get a decent one certainly isn't higher than that of buying a separate console. Most people don't build PC's exclusively for gaming and do their work on another one that they already had, they use one machine for all these tasks.

If you buy a console, do it for the right reasons. Because you want the idiot-proof experience they offer, splitscreen-gaming on a large TV, or just for the exclusives.

In all aspects but one, one platform isn't necessarily better than another and they all trade blows, but the cost advantage of buying a better version of a machine you need for other things anyway cannot be argued about.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

It's easier to play on consoles for sure. 

How to play on a console:

Buy console.

Hook console to tv. 

Create account or login if you already have a microsoft account (a lot of people already do since windows 8). 

Buy Xbox live subscription.

Buy game, game auto downloads. 

Play game. 

How to play on a PC:

Spend time researching components on newegg/amazon and LTT.

Order parts and wait for them to arrive. 

Open parts, inspect for damage. 

Put parts together on test bench (on top of the motherboard box).

If it boots go forward, if not figure out why (this could take a long time if you don't know what you're doing and have to look to LTT to help).

Install OS.

Install drivers.

Test with Prime95 and benchmark software.

If everything works well, install everything into the case. 

Install steam. 

Create steam account.

Download game. 

Spend time messing with game settings. 

Play game.

The fact of the matter is that PC gaming does require a higher level of knowledge about your equipment. There is no way around it. How many times has an update cause a game to crash or not even load? Do you think a normal person would be able to figure that out, let alone want to deal with problems (albeit small) like this on a constant basis? 

Until SteamOS becomes a thing and takes a lot of the guess work and stress from PC gaming, it's going to be a hard sell for the typical console pleb that doesn't want/cant learn PC stuffs. 

pcmasterrace and consolepeasant are hilarious terms that are not meant to be taken seriously. If I add up all the money my brother has spent on console games in the past year alone, I could put together a high end PC with that kind of dough. consolepeasants my butt.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR