PCMasterRace is Ignorant

Suika

Are you serious? You're trying to recommend prebuilt systems? What the fuck man!

some prebuilts are actually damn good. 

they're not 100% the best price, but ncix's 50 dollars or whatever it is of building it for you and shipping it out, or pugit systems. dem guud.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

I'm not going to pretend I know anything about console gaming, I've never really played much. I prefer PC mainly because I have a computer, Steam sales are cool, and I suck with a controller.

I'm not going to pretend I know anything about console gaming, I've never really played much. I prefer PC mainly because I have a computer, Steam sales are cool, and I suck with a controller.

i grew up with consoles. and i still suck with a controller. (although i need a gamecube > usb adapter. i will wreck all who come my way with dat shit. ) 

EVERYONE. 

LOOK AT ME.

CONSOLES AND PC ARE EQUAL. NOT EVERYONE HAS TO AGREE ON ONE OR THE OTHER. YOU PICK ONE AND DONT BITCH ABOUT IT. 

CONSOLE RIGHTS. *starts waving a sign around while wearing my rainbow cape* CONSOLE RIGHTS!!! 

WOOOOO 

wtf is wrong with me. xD

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

i grew up with consoles. and i still suck with a controller. (although i need a gamecube > usb adapter. i will wreck all who come my way with dat shit. ) 

EVERYONE. 

LOOK AT ME.

CONSOLES AND PC ARE EQUAL. NOT EVERYONE HAS TO AGREE ON ONE OR THE OTHER. YOU PICK ONE AND DONT BITCH ABOUT IT. 

CONSOLE RIGHTS. *starts waving a sign around while wearing my rainbow cape* CONSOLE RIGHTS!!! 

WOOOOO 

wtf is wrong with me. xD

They shall never be fully equal. Close but not fully ;) I enjoy playing on a console sometimes, because you just turn the sucker on and it works. No tweaking needed.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

They shall never be fully equal. Close but not fully ;) I enjoy playing on a console sometimes, because you just turn the sucker on and it works. No tweaking needed.

thats why i say they're equal.

better preformance.

simple.

enthusiast. 

a toaster could do it. 

^~^

-Jim Hensen

thats why i say they're equal.

better preformance.

simple.

enthusiast. 

a toaster could do it. 

^~^

Well let's do it then. Hide the pitchforks and start spreading the message of gaming equality!

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

Well let's do it then. Hide the pitchforks and start spreading the message of gaming equality!

^~^

*hands out orange and black shirts, whilst wearing a rainbow one myself* 

-Jim Hensen

^~^

*hands out orange and black shirts, whilst wearing a rainbow one myself*

*Keeps on his USSR T-shirt and denies the orange one.*

*Leaves to edit his signature to include the message of equality*

It's not, that's personal preference. Better for accuracy in FPS games? Yes, but have you ever played a racing game with a KB/Mouse? Fucking nightmare, I tell you. A car's control must be fluid and gradual. A keyboard doesn't offer this range of control, just on/off.

wow. Do you really use wasd for racing? You should use the mouse for steering! No wonder you think a controller is better in that way if you have been using a keyboard. All games have either the option to change it in settings or you can mod it with custom input.

wow. Do you really use wasd for racing? You should use the mouse for steering! No wonder you think a controller is better in that way if you have been using a keyboard. All games have either the option to change it in settings or you can mod it with custom input.

But a controller has gradual control over everything pretty much as even if you steer with your mouse, throttle and brake will still have 2 settings, on or off.

I like to think about it this way 

-Consoles great for gaming with friends and great at parties

but and this is coming from a console and PC owner 

I built my PC for $450 on sale its a

-A10 6790k

-750ti

-some msi mini itx mobo

-8gb ram 

-and a 1tb hdd

Please don't kill me but this was before devils canyon was announced and I was still a noob but I didnt have the 750ti till later so the integrated was fine for me now initially it is more expensive than a console but considering I use it for almost everything including movies/gaming/editing pictures/web browsing/homework 

A console just cant offer that not to mention you need to pay the additional 50 per year so in that sense PC is superior as for racing games or whatever :http://www.amazon.ca/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Wired-Controller/dp/B003ZSN600

get a controller I play competitive games like DOTA 2, CSGO and LEAGUE but whenever I play single player games I just sit back and relax with the controller. In the end it does come down to ur personal opinion I PERSONALLY think a PC is better because it can do things consoles cant and it gives you a better experience.

But a controller has gradual control over everything pretty much as even if you steer with your mouse, throttle and brake will still have 2 settings, on or off.

i played borderlands and borderlads 2.

i refuse to drive any other vehicle without being able to steer comletely with mouse and hand brake with thumb button

-Jim Hensen

i played borderlands and borderlads 2.

i refuse to drive any other vehicle without being able to steer comletely with mouse and hand brake with thumb button

That sounds enough weird to actually work. Do you like my new sig ;)

That sounds enough weird to actually work. Do you like my new sig ;)

seriously, i got into ps2 and started driving the spike or whatever the quad is called.

i freaked the hell out because it wasnt w gas s reverse mouse 5 brake and mouse move steer. 

i was just like... shut down for a moment. 

yes, i do, its lovely. 

ima be a little different with mine. xD

-Jim Hensen

Come at me.

PCMR argues its superiority for the wrong reasons, and why console plebs find PCMR to be irritating and foolish. Argue with me, if you'd like, but I feel like a lot of the arguments are not actually as solid as people would like to think. The ignorance of the PCMasterRace matches the ignorance they claim these console plebs have.

Somebody build me a $350 computer, with decent peripherals included, that can run all games on decent settings (ranging from 720-1080p), with a TDP of 100w, and is easy to set up. It also can't be based on Black Friday sales, used components, or old parts you "found throughout the house," because an Xbox One isn't based on any of those.

Come at me.

1) PC gaming is cheaper.

A: Dependent. What if, as I have now, I buy an Xbox One for $350, and get Destiny, Halo MCC, and Halo 5. I bought Destiny on sale for $30, with Xbox Live for $30, so that's a grand total of $530, and that's all I want. Now, to get a decent gaming computer to play all current games, I'm looking at a minimum of an i5-4440 and GTX 750 Ti, which could last awhile, but cost $500-600 depending on what else you buy on the PC (I've built 750 Ti & Pentium G3258 PCs for $500 with all the bling). Now include peripherals, then games, aaaaaannddd... The Xbox One was cheaper. Oh, well, that shouldn't happen, or be true, but it is. Also, people still buy games on release for PC at the full $60.

You can argue a G3258 is enough, but I disagree, since Far Cry 4 can't accommodate for Dual Cores, but the Xbox One can play FC4 fine.

2) Building a PC isn't hard.

A: It's not hard, but can be frustrating if you do something wrong. I can't say that "building a PC is hard" is a very effective argument, but I can easily argue, "I plugged in my Xbox, updated, and was ready to play." It was extremely easy, and still cheaper. Building a PC isn't hard, but setting up a console is even easier.

3) You have to deal with a cruddy community and little kids on a console.

A: I've met some really cool people on Destiny, and some really stupid kids on TF2. It's hard to summarize a community like that.

4) You can play with friends online.

A: It's 50x easier and cheaper to play with four friends in local multiplayer than setting up four laptops and computers for one game at one place.

5) You have to buy an entirely new console when Microsoft releases one.

A: And you have to upgrade a PC with the new consoles to match the new demands these new games might have. Ubisoft is a bad example, but a GTX 780 in the recommended specs for Watch_Dogs? That's probably just poor optimization, but I don't think PC will be getting the same great optimization that consoles have. There is also development on the Xbox 360 going on still, so you can easily wait for the next console to go down a little cheaper.

What do I think PCMR has? Obviously, a mouse and keyboard is undeniably the easier and better way to play. Not always comfortable for a couch or in local multiplayer, but the better way to play for a single gamer at a desk. Higher resolutions and better graphics is a major bonus for PC gaming. I'll argue with console plebs when one says the other is better, you're not buying the console for graphics, you're buying it for the exclusives, features, and controller. PC has the superior everything else. Modding support and better indie support, not to mention the constant F2P and reliance on digital media instead of physical discs (I prefer digital, but my internet is so bad). PC is, when you can afford it, the superior way to play games, but consoles are still great and serve a good purpose. At the price point they're being sold at, it's perfectly fine.

I like having a super PC, but the total and utter disrespect for consoles on here is ridiculous. They serve a purpose and they serve it well, I'm glad I own an Xbox One because of the games like Destiny and MCC. I have a minimum of 120 hours invested in Destiny already, but not so much on my PC for the past few months.

I'm also waiting for FC4 to go on sale for PC. I'd much rather have it on PC than console.

LOL So poor with that AMD, but you'll be its heat to work your mcjob and heat your cardboard box when its cold. 

Or you could just get/make an xbox to usb adapter, and use an old xbox controller, I even found that windows downloaded the driver automatically for me (under windows XP).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

For the love of god, can we just stop with this whole PC Master Race bullshit already? All platforms have it's advantages and disadvantages, if you prefer one platform, that's cool. If you prefer the other, that's also cool.

The whole PC Master Race thing has turned into one of the most immature circlejerks in the history of the internet. If you really feel like, that PC is the dominant platform, then why do you always have to argue with the "peasents" to prove your point, if you already are certain that it's better?

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

I hope you realize when it comes to console gaming there are MANY hidden/overlooked costs to getting an Xbox one or PS4, here ill break it down for you..

Console-$330-350

Extra controllers-$60-180(which have no where near the lifetime as a keyboard/mouse)

Battery packs/rechargeable batteries per controller-$15-20 each (xbox one only)

Webcam/Kinnect for skype/streaming-$50-100

Xbox live/Playstation plus per year-$60

And the biggest cost of all since at least 40% of console gamers were still on an older tv that doesnt support HDMI when the next gen systems were released a new HD tv-$250-500

So at minimum console and pc gaming is equal in cost until you figure in the fact that every console gamer usually has a pc/laptop for surfing the web to then yes pc gaming is way cheaperSo if you add all of this up you figure the average pc will last 2 years before needing upgrades so i am figuring in 2 years of live/plus membership...

Minimum average cost of being a next gen console gamer before games is $840 for two years (also is around the average mid range/entry level cost into pc gaming)

High end cost is $1,310.00 for two years (also high end cost of pc gaming)

I know all of this to be fact because i was a console gamer up until 4 months ago when i sold my Xbox one and had been for many years.....

If you really feel like, that PC is the dominant platform, then why do you always have to argue with the "peasents" to prove your point, if you already are certain that it's better?

Because peasants are fucking stupid.

If you get easily offended by people on the Internet there is something really wrong with you. You focus on the opinions of a few people instead of worrying about why you have a terrible taste in video games.

If you get easily offended by people on the Internet there is something really wrong with you. You focus on the opinions of a few people instead of worrying about why you have a terrible taste in video games.

You focus on the opinions of a few people instead of worrying about why you have a terrible taste in video games.

Ha. Ha. You're one of those people..

Shd0w2, on 26 Nov 2014 - 2:19 PM, said:Shd0w2, on 26 Nov 2014 - 2:19 PM, said:

older amd quad cores ftw.

HEAR, HEAR!

On-topic:

PCMR is a very stupid title that I will never associate with myself. The thought of people thinking that they are superior to others because of the machine that they invest their precious, limited life in is ludicrous.

Do you think people who drive Ford trucks are more superior to you because you drive a Camry? Everything has its place, everything has its purpose.

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

.... Somebody build me a $350 computer, with decent peripherals included....

You find ME a deal on an Xbox One with an included TV and mic for $350

CPU: AMD FX8350 @4.4GHz | MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0, 990FX chipset | RAM: 16GB (4x4) dual channel Patriot Xtreme series DDR3 @1866MHz @1.65V | GPU: Asus Radeon R9 Fury Strix| PSU: Corsair AX860i 860 watt | CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S + additional Noctua NF-F12 | Case:Corsair C70 Black | Storage: 3x 128GB Samsung 840 pro SSDs; 1 for the OS, 2 in RAID 0 for games. 3x WD Red 3TB HDDs in raid 5 for bulk storage | Displays: 1x Dell 3007WFP 30 inch 2560x1600 IPS LCD. 1x I-Inc IH253DPB 25 inch 1920x1080 TN LCD | Keyboard: Corsair K70 with Cherry MX brown switches + Blue LED backlight | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro | Mouse: Logitech G600 @1100 DPI | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit | 

Mfg/model number: Clevo/W355SSQ | CPU: Intel i7 4710MQ @3.5GHz  | MOBO: W35xSS_370SS, HM87 Chipset | RAM: 16GB (2x8) dual channel Crucial Ballistix DDR3 @1866MHz | GPU: GTX860m 2GB Gddr5 | Battery: 76,960mW/h 8 Cell battery, 3 Hrs full on a full charge | Storage: 1x 128GB Samsung 840 pro SSD for the OS. 1x WD Red 1TB HDD For storage and games | Displays: 1x 15.6" 1080p LCD | Keyboard: Full 103 key back-lit keyboard | Mouse: Logitech M510 | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit |