PCMasterRace is Ignorant

Suika

So in other words the ability is extinct in the 360/one

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

PC superiority is just the facts ma'am.

Preaching about it on non-PC forums is a strange thing to do, though.

I compare consoles to computers that were around in the same year. Only the 1st Xbox was ahead and a better choice for gaming overall.

PMSL

There is total ignorance, and now that you can get consoles for $350-400 there is actually legitimate point to the initial cost debate, its about $470-500 for a quad core computer with superior graphic performance (you can make an equivalent "gaming" pc for a similar price) including OS. With this said there is more to computer gaming and initial cost including game variety, flexibility in use, tinkering and overall usefulness. Consoles are a great for getting your game on and watching netflix etc. but the PC is a potentially superior device, hence the greater cost.

Hello all, Console Peasant here oops I mean console user. I will have to say PC is the best but from a price point in the beginning it did not seem like that. First pc I owned in 2000 or so cost about $3500 for everything said and done. Not my money but hey I was 12. When I made my own money is about the time xbox and ps2 were out. Consoles seemed better for me and all my friends because like a lot of people said lan parties and 4 player split screen. Been playing consoles since nes. I have been into pc gaming for over 14 years. A lot of the games I played were rts and not fps. Here is one reason why PC's are better from my pov. There are 3500 plus games on the pc. Maybe not all great titles but xbox one does not have anywhere near the number. Backward compatibility is a huge reason why PC is better. So I currently have 50 PS1 games, 208 ps2 games, 26 ps3 games and Sony is telling me I cant play those on a PS4. I have 6 xbox one games, 112 xbox 360 games and Microsoft is telling me I can't play my games on the Xbox one. Most of these games I bought at full retail value and some used. Ok now lets go over PC games I own. Currently using Windows 7, I have 361 PC games and wait here's the catch. I can play all my games on the PC and what’s this some of them support controller if I want to use it. Also my first pc I built was $700 and I used it for 5 years and it played all the games I owned with no problems. Current PC I built was $2000 for everything and its 2 years old and it plays all my games. Also I forgot to mention DLC is a joke on consoles with most dlc costing more than the games that are 1 or 2 years old. I will say Microsoft has somewhat addressed this problem by having those Gold membership sales but seriously that’s stupid and that is why I don't buy DLC on consoles unless its something I will play for 2 years like Gears of War 2 and 3. Having to constantly worry and wonder if my older systems will break then having to go out and re-buy said system is frustrating. I had several consoles break and all 3 of my pc's still work. Yeah even the 14 year old PC still runs and I kept it. Looking at about 2 xbox's, 4 xbox 360's, Several PS one's, Several PS2's and my ps3 is still alive. All the consoles were out of warranty so I would go out and buy a new one. The only problems I had on my PC's were a broken Madcat mouse the RAT 7 I bought in 2012 which broke right after warranty. I also had an LG dvd rw drive die but that was $9.99 and replaced with an asus for $14.99. Let’s go over controllers now. I have bought 8 xbox controllers, 3 ps1, 6 ps2 controllers, 9 xbox 360's controllers, and 2 ps3 controllers. The only reason I bought so many controllers because they break. I don't regret buying everything from consoles and I did buy an xbox one for the exclusives. I don't believe in this PC master race crap people post on the web. Being an avid console user I can say hands down console users started it first. It maybe because their lack of knowledge on PC and console hardware. I will say the PC community is better hands down than the console community. Even with FPS games where I would constantly get messages from people threatening me or talking crap about me after a match where my team won. That has never happened on the PC community. I play all types of games on both the pc and consoles. I am now a PC gamer but I have console if I feel the need to play some games that are not on the PC. PC is cheaper in the long run. All those games I bought on the pc were cheaper and some being 75% to 95% off the console version. I would say about 10 games I paid full price for on the PC but I dont mind the wait. Almost all the consoles games I paid full retail for or even higher than msrp if you include collectable RPG titles from PS1. Also PC sales discount DLC at cheap prices where I can wait for all the DLC to come out and get the complete package at a discounted price. A good example is Borderlands 2. I bought it on the xbox 360 for $59.99 plus another $29.99 for the season pass which did not include all the DLC. I waited and bought it on the PC for the complete package for $7.49. Also the Borderlands 2 season pass is still $29.99 http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Borderlands-2-Season-Pass/6087cc0a-9bcc-4b2c-9129-4492e950706c on xbox live lol. Ok sorry for the long rant but it’s just my opinion being a console supporter for a long time and I’m enjoying my pc and these steam sales. Hopefully not that many spelling errors or grammar errors. All this is my own personal experience with consoles and custom pc's.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

What has put me off newer consoles is having to replace my library, that and my computer only needs a quad core (already bought and on its way) to play all of the newest games. (12 year old Xbox and a 7 year old PC are more than capable of handling my gaming needs, my DOS gaming machine though needs another new HDD).

PMSL

Hello all, Console Peasant here oops I mean console user. I will have to say PC is the best but from a price point in the beginning it did not seem like that. First pc I owned in 2000 or so cost about $3500 for everything said and done. Not my money but hey I was 12. When I made my own money is about the time xbox and ps2 were out. Consoles seemed better for me and all my friends because like a lot of people said lan parties and 4 player split screen. Been playing consoles since nes. I have been into pc gaming for over 14 years. A lot of the games I played were rts and not fps. Here is one reason why PC's are better from my pov. There are 3500 plus games on the pc. Maybe not all great titles but xbox one does not have anywhere near the number. Backward compatibility is a huge reason why PC is better. So I currently have 50 PS1 games, 208 ps2 games, 26 ps3 games and Sony is telling me I cant play those on a PS4. I have 6 xbox one games, 112 xbox 360 games and Microsoft is telling me I can't play my games on the Xbox one. Most of these games I bought at full retail value and some used. Ok now lets go over PC games I own. Currently using Windows 7, I have 361 PC games and wait here's the catch. I can play all my games on the PC and what’s this some of them support controller if I want to use it. Also my first pc I built was $700 and I used it for 5 years and it played all the games I owned with no problems. Current PC I built was $2000 for everything and its 2 years old and it plays all my games. Also I forgot to mention DLC is a joke on consoles with most dlc costing more than the games that are 1 or 2 years old. I will say Microsoft has somewhat addressed this problem by having those Gold membership sales but seriously that’s stupid and that is why I don't buy DLC on consoles unless its something I will play for 2 years like Gears of War 2 and 3. Having to constantly worry and wonder if my older systems will break then having to go out and re-buy said system is frustrating. I had several consoles break and all 3 of my pc's still work. Yeah even the 14 year old PC still runs and I kept it. Looking at about 2 xbox's, 4 xbox 360's, Several PS one's, Several PS2's and my ps3 is still alive. All the consoles were out of warranty so I would go out and buy a new one. The only problems I had on my PC's were a broken Madcat mouse the RAT 7 I bought in 2012 which broke right after warranty. I also had an LG dvd rw drive die but that was $9.99 and replaced with an asus for $14.99. Let’s go over controllers now. I have bought 8 xbox controllers, 3 ps1, 6 ps2 controllers, 9 xbox 360's controllers, and 2 ps3 controllers. The only reason I bought so many controllers because they break. I don't regret buying everything from consoles and I did buy an xbox one for the exclusives. I don't believe in this PC master race crap people post on the web. Being an avid console user I can say hands down console users started it first. It maybe because their lack of knowledge on PC and console hardware. I will say the PC community is better hands down than the console community. Even with FPS games where I would constantly get messages from people threatening me or talking crap about me after a match where my team won. That has never happened on the PC community. I play all types of games on both the pc and consoles. I am now a PC gamer but I have console if I feel the need to play some games that are not on the PC. PC is cheaper in the long run. All those games I bought on the pc were cheaper and some being 75% to 95% off the console version. I would say about 10 games I paid full price for on the PC but I dont mind the wait. Almost all the consoles games I paid full retail for or even higher than msrp if you include collectable RPG titles from PS1. Also PC sales discount DLC at cheap prices where I can wait for all the DLC to come out and get the complete package at a discounted price. A good example is Borderlands 2. I bought it on the xbox 360 for $59.99 plus another $29.99 for the season pass which did not include all the DLC. I waited and bought it on the PC for the complete package for $7.49. Also the Borderlands 2 season pass is still $29.99 http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Borderlands-2-Season-Pass/6087cc0a-9bcc-4b2c-9129-4492e950706c on xbox live lol. Ok sorry for the long rant but it’s just my opinion being a console supporter for a long time and I’m enjoying my pc and these steam sales. Hopefully not that many spelling errors or grammar errors. All this is my own personal experience with consoles and custom pc's.

please change the size of the text not reading it tell u do

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

I'm on a 10" tablet and had no issues. I just zoomed in and the text auto re-sized

PMSL

I'm on a 10" tablet and had no issues. I just zoomed in and the text auto re-sized

yeah i remember that i can scroll in after i posted that but i still didnt read it

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

Sorry new here but it changed from whatever is standard size text here. Can you please tell me what that is? I can lower it to 8. ok I changed the text on my post. Sorry at work and they have server 2003 lol and old IE 8. It looks so small on my screen.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

436b30c659.jpg

I respect your opinion, but still don't understand how someone could think a keyboard is better than a controller for racing.

I played Live For Speed in a rookie league with mouse and kb (mouse steering, for precision) for quite a long time :/ i was around the middle of the field

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

Sorry new here but it changed from whatever is standard size text here. Can you please tell me what that is? I can lower it to 8. ok I changed the text on my post. Sorry at work and they have server 2003 lol and old IE 8. It looks so small on my screen.

dont know if ure making a joke or just plain dumb

12 is normal

While #PCMR is widely accepted as heckling, I present you a PC that is very competitive with consoles, for around the same price. In no way am I saying that PC gaming is the end-all-be-all, all platforms have their pros and cons. PC is right for me.

CPU: Intel Celeron G1820 2.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($42.39 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus H81M-D PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($44.49 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Kingston 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($31.45 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card  ($104.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Directron) 
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($29.99 @ Micro Center) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($90.26 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $427.05
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-26 17:12 EST-0500

As always, being on the 1150 socket, it leaves room for an upgrade down the road.
Stick an i5 in there, more ram, a better GPU at some point, and you'll far exceed anything that consoles can do. it it's current state, it can arguably moderately surpass anything that a console can do.

I'd change out the G1820 and stick in a G1850. The extra 200MHz may help a little and shouldn't cost much more since it is a crappy Celeron. It would be better to save the extra and go with the Pentium G3258 though.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

dont know if ure making a joke or just plain dumb

12 is normal

Ok, I was like wtf. I'm on size 12 btw so when you told me change it I was confused. Also insulting one's intelligence on text is pretty low considering it was on 12 to begin with. Not sure why you want it changed to begin with.

please change the size of the text not reading it tell u do.

tell u do? lol

Ok, I was like wtf. I'm on size 12 btw so when you told me change it I was confused. Also insulting one's intelligence on text is pretty low considering it was on 12 to begin with. Not sure why you want it changed to begin with.

please change the size of the text not reading it tell u do.

tell u do? lol

this is 12

this is not

Hello all, Console

i laugh at my grammar too

edit alright after looking at my furst post i now realize  that i made a mistake

sorry about that it just didnt look right

this is 12

this is not

Hello all, Console

i laugh at my grammar too

edit alright after looking at my furst post i now realize  that i made a mistake

sorry about that it just didnt look right

No problem. I'm sorry I'm at work and the work pc will lag and skip around causing the font sizes to change and its using IE 8 so that doesn't help. Plus these monitors are from the 1800s lol. My max resolution is 1280x1024. Sorry for being a newb to this site but this poor pc barely runs it.

This thread has dragged on FAR longer than it needed to.

It was established many pages ago that the cost argument for PC vs. console is irrelevant. So please stop. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

@Suika

A PC is better, because you can easily expand it. Get more monitors and better res.

You can play games witch are not supported on consoles

And to your argument that we have to upgrade our PC is wrong. Pc's can be future proof consoles can't. And at least I won't have to go and spend 500 on a console, just 200 on a gpu. I can code and mod and use it for video editing.

Aa console runs at FAR less quality.

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

@Suika

A PC is better, because you can easily expand it. Get more monitors and better res.

You can play games witch are not supported on consoles

And to your argument that we have to upgrade our PC is wrong. Pc's can be future proof consoles can't. And at least I won't have to go and spend 500 on a console, just 200 on a gpu. I can code and mod and use it for video editing.

Aa console runs at FAR less quality.

1. This does not make it better, this makes it potentially more powerful.

2. You can also play games on console that are not supported on PC, they're called exclusives for a reason.

3. Please, explain how it's possible for a PC to be futureproof? Moreover, how you're futureproof at a $200 GPU? (read: you won't be able to convince me that you can ever futureproof a PC, be it $200, or $2000 unless AMD, Intel, and Nvidia suddenly drop off the face of the planet simultaneously - even then, it would only be a matter of time.)

There is absolutely no denying that PC's have a potential to be vastly more powerful (and in most cases, at least with enthusiasts, they are). This does not make them better, however. Every platform has it's pros, every platform has it's cons. Every platform has it's place. Every platform is superior and inferior in some aspect.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB