PCMasterRace is Ignorant

Suika

Sarcasm, my friend, sarcasm is what GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE is around these parts.. If you want some flames to come back and bite your ass, post this on reddit. Here is not the place

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

See the reason I don't have any interest in the XBOne/PS4 (Wii U is a different story) is because IMO consoles for multi-platform titles fail on two fronts. On the one hand it could have built up a decent library but at that point it's near the end of life and the games run horribly compared to a fairly entry level PC. On the other hand when it's new and actually decent value in terms of hardware there's not a lot of content to enjoy on it. You can go to Steam and download Arkham City, Bioshock Infinite, Mass Effect or Portal 2 all for less than the price of a new game. Play it if you skipped it or play it again at "HD" settings. If you want to do that on a console? Well you'll have to also have an older console or just wait for a remaster that may never come.

Now if you want an exclusive? Then cool. I have a Wii U for that very reason. But don't try to convince me that consoles are better for multiplatform titles. It's all largely the same when push comes to shove, I just like the flexibility and backwards compatibility of PC gaming. If you like your PS4 or XBOne? More power to you.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Console are the lazy on the couch system for entertainment.

PC are the everything machines from entertainment to productivity.

I don't argue with the arguments of the PCMR because they are right in many ways right. But I hate their arrogant attitude. PC gaming = good. PCMasterRace = bad.

snip

Ok, I made a perfectly reasonable argument before, but you are making your arguments extremely biased.

You talk about launch price of 750ti but don't use the launch price of the xbox.

A VERY IMPORTANT FACTOR in price is that a gaming computer is not just for games, but also A COMPUTER. Therefore when buying a new computer as we all eventually do, you could just add the cost of a console so assuming that you need a computer and console the total price would be about 700 for a much more powerful computer AND gaming machine. Even though it costs the same as a basic computer and basic gaming console, it runs twice as fast as either.

You get xbox live for sale for $30/year, but assuming the life span is about 5 years that's $150 overall which you should add to the cost. If you add that and the price of a console you are at 550-600 not counting the price of a normal computer which would bring it to 900 ish.

Even if we take a worst case scenario assuming you just got a new computer, thats still a $550 computer which can easily beat a console

Local multiplayer is a clear win for the console. Unlike others I'm not even going to argue this point, console splitscreen support is much better and its always more fun to play with people next to you. An argument can be made that if everyone had a pc or laptop instead they could bring it, but thats assuming everyone also had the console, but only one is required so the console definitely wins here.

I also don't understand what rendering has anything to do with the ease of building a pc.

For communities I won't argue since it varies in personal experience, but pc does have fewer kids although there are still many.

An r7 260x can get 60fps at 1080p on COD:AW so I'm certain that older cards could do it.

EDIT: Also your refusal to believe that dual cores won't run on other games is kind of ridiculous considering the pentium performs better than the quad-core athlon in the majority of games, but it's not supported in Far Cry only because its dual core. I bet if they supported it, the dual-core would still perform better than amd's quad.

Almost everyone who says PC master race is being sarcastic. Or you're an idiot. PC gaming is more expensive. Yes games are cheaper but in general, if you PC game you're spending more. 

Also, my biggest regret with PC gaming, is that when I get games like Borderlands I have to get them on console. Why? Because I know absolutely no one aside from me who games on PC. Most people play on consoles. So they're better for multiplayer gaming in that respect. 

And the whole mouse and keyboard debate is tiresome. Yes it's far more accurate, but unless you're playing extremely competitive shooting games the comfort from leaning back in a nice chair or on a sofa is amazing. I never use mouse and keyboard to game unless I'm playing something like starcraft. 

There is room for both. 

Frankly, I don't care if PC gaming ends up being more expensive in the long run. It is just so much better and worth the money, and I also hate spending a lot of money on games.

You can argue a G3258 is enough, but I disagree, since Far Cry 4 can't accommodate for Dual Cores, but the Xbox One can play FC4 fine.

The damn game runs at 30fps *facepalm*

Something liek the Alienware Alpha, costs $100 more, but you dont have to buy Xbox Live which is $50 a year, so its only $50 more/

Factor in cheaper games for PC and full backwards compatability, aswell as you dont need a PC for work useage/web browsing/photo editing, as this will do it all

Most console owners ALSO own a PC, and they will occasionally replace that PC or Laptop with a $200-$500 laptop every few years, OR just get ONE gaming PC

Also you need a TV or Monitor to go along with that Console etc etc sure you might have one, so you could connect your PC to that etc

Assuming somebody has an empty house, the starting price is not that far off each other, a basic pc and games console cost around the same, but the PC is cheaper to run, has a bigger selection of games, is infinitely backwards compatible, has free online usage... is ALSO a PC, so you can do regular PC stuff, spreadsheets, skype, video editing, store photos, kids can do homework, you can conduct business meetings, you can do many many things more with a PC

Unless Console gamers do not also own computers? The price of that xbox one is the price of a GTX 980 for their already own desktop PC, or they can spend half of that on a 750ti stick it in their 3 year old desktop and have a good time

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Agreed. M+KB is best for everything BUT racing.

Then comes in racing wheels, which kicks the controller's ass.

No. Platformers, Tony Hawk, Assassin's Creed.

Most console owners ALSO own a PC, and they will occasionally replace that PC or Laptop with a $200-$500 laptop every few years, OR just get ONE gaming PC

Many younger console gamers don't actually. 

Many younger console gamers don't actually. 

The family will have a PC, they could just slap a GPU inside for $100

Or next time they come to buy a PC they could have a GPU added in for little Timmy to play minecraft and CS:GO

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The family will have a PC, they could just slap a GPU inside for $100

A lot of families these days only have laptops though, at least that's what I've noticed.

A lot of families these days only have laptops though, at least that's what I've noticed.

I understand that, and that is 100% accurate, but they DO replace those laptops every few years, I used to work in a comutper shop, people would come in every few years to upgrade their laptop, and they would mention their kid wants to play minecraft or whatever on it too

Since they want a new PC or laptop and want to get little timmy an xbox one for Christmas, instead they could get one machine, at a lower cost, which does it all, that means they can also monitor his usage and he can use it for homework too!

When little timmy is grown up Tim, and has a job, he can buy what the fuck he wants

I understand that, and that is 100% accurate, but they DO replace those laptops every few years, I used to work in a comutper shop, people would come in every few years to upgrade their laptop, and they would mention their kid wants to play minecraft or whatever on it too

Since they want a new PC or laptop and want to get little timmy an xbox one for Christmas, instead they could get one machine, at a lower cost, which does it all, that means they can also monitor his usage and he can use it for homework too!

When little timmy is grown up Tim, and has a job, he can buy what the fuck he wants

Very good point.

Also I didn't get a notification when you quoted me :/

It's not, that's personal preference. Better for accuracy in FPS games? Yes, but have you ever played a racing game with a KB/Mouse? Fucking nightmare, I tell you. A car's control must be fluid and gradual. A keyboard doesn't offer this range of control, just on/off.

I hate playing racing games with a KB and mouse. My left hand keeps getting cramps cuz of it and I could not fap the same way I'm used to for weeks.

Again, the hatred is not an objective argument over which is better guys. It's what microsoft and sony have been doing to the industry in the years since XBOX 360 and PS3.

Noone on this forum will have hate for Gamecube, PS2 and XBOX, or anything before that. Sure, there are arguments to be had for a console, the fact is they're tainted right now.

Even if I was the perfect candidate for a console right now, I wouldn't pay Microsoft and Sony another euro and perpetuate their destruction of quality games to pander to their outdated platform.

The OP is just suffering from cognitive dissonance. He's trying to convince himself there aren't issues surrounding consoles, to diminish dissonance, so he can justify buying into it. Instead of looking at himself in the mirror.

This is also what SJW's do, make sure everyone panders to their level, so they don't have to scurtinize themselves or be critical.

Either that, or he's just baiting like Gawker/The Verge are doing. Make up shit to get as many people outraged.

Very good point.

Also I didn't get a notification when you quoted me :/

Oh thats strange

Yeah I just think the current PS4 XBONE are hard to justify, very few good games, expensive hardware, on going online costs (so many parents are sick of buying xbox live for their kids) and they run games like any low.mid end PC can

I think for anyone with a few year old desktop they could easily slap a GPU in

Or even just buy a motherboard, CPU and GPU - as their case, hard drive, monitor, peripherals and OS will still be good , obviously not 100% straight forward so I understand that

Or they could buy a cheap pre-made i3 desktop and stick a GPU in, or an Alienware Alpha type machine for very cheap, I think steambox will do a lot of damage hear, lots of younger people want to play Dota, CS and minecraft, and the PC experience is killer here!

For the hardcore gamers, well I think that comes down to education rather than price, they just don't know anything about PCs or PC gaming, they are apprehensive to learn and maybe none of their friends have a PC, so they dont want to play alone, all completely understandable

Did you know there are people that do not know you can use a controller with a PC? they want a couch experience and do not realise their PC can do that

Ask me 10 years ago, console gaming was amazing, and was basically on par with PCs at the time, nowadays consoles just feel behind, from slow clunky menus, mediocre graphics and framerate, expensive games, yearly subscriptions, no backwards compatibility,  very few games, and tiny amounts of storage for all your games (if digitally downloaded)

Im just NOT sold on these consoles, and I have almost every console thas has come out, from the Atari 2600, Megadrive 2 (and CD), N64, Gamecube PS1, PS2, Xbox, and Xbox 360, AND all the handheld consoles, from the original gameboy, to the ps vita and 3ds 

The new consoles are expensive, unimpressive, and ASIDE from the exclusives (which COULD play on PC) I see almost NO reason to buy one

Come at me.

PCMR argues its superiority for the wrong reasons, and why console plebs find PCMR to be irritating and foolish. Argue with me, if you'd like, but I feel like a lot of the arguments are not actually as solid as people would like to think. The ignorance of the PCMasterRace matches the ignorance they claim these console plebs have.

Somebody build me a $350 computer, with decent peripherals included, that can run all games on decent settings (ranging from 720-1080p), with a TDP of 100w, and is easy to set up. It also can't be based on Black Friday sales, used components, or old parts you "found throughout the house," because an Xbox One isn't based on any of those.

Come at me.

1) PC gaming is cheaper.

A: Dependent. What if, as I have now, I buy an Xbox One for $350, and get Destiny, Halo MCC, and Halo 5. I bought Destiny on sale for $30, with Xbox Live for $30, so that's a grand total of $530, and that's all I want. Now, to get a decent gaming computer to play all current games, I'm looking at a minimum of an i5-4440 and GTX 750 Ti, which could last awhile, but cost $500-600 depending on what else you buy on the PC (I've built 750 Ti & Pentium G3258 PCs for $500 with all the bling). Now include peripherals, then games, aaaaaannddd... The Xbox One was cheaper. Oh, well, that shouldn't happen, or be true, but it is. Also, people still buy games on release for PC at the full $60.

You can argue a G3258 is enough, but I disagree, since Far Cry 4 can't accommodate for Dual Cores, but the Xbox One can play FC4 fine.

2) Building a PC isn't hard.

A: It's not hard, but can be frustrating if you do something wrong. I can't say that "building a PC is hard" is a very effective argument, but I can easily argue, "I plugged in my Xbox, updated, and was ready to play." It was extremely easy, and still cheaper. Building a PC isn't hard, but setting up a console is even easier.

3) You have to deal with a cruddy community and little kids on a console.

A: I've met some really cool people on Destiny, and some really stupid kids on TF2. It's hard to summarize a community like that.

4) You can play with friends online.

A: It's 50x easier and cheaper to play with four friends in local multiplayer than setting up four laptops and computers for one game at one place.

5) You have to buy an entirely new console when Microsoft releases one.

A: And you have to upgrade a PC with the new consoles to match the new demands these new games might have. Ubisoft is a bad example, but a GTX 780 in the recommended specs for Watch_Dogs? That's probably just poor optimization, but I don't think PC will be getting the same great optimization that consoles have. There is also development on the Xbox 360 going on still, so you can easily wait for the next console to go down a little cheaper.

What do I think PCMR has? Obviously, a mouse and keyboard is undeniably the easier and better way to play. Not always comfortable for a couch or in local multiplayer, but the better way to play for a single gamer at a desk. Higher resolutions and better graphics is a major bonus for PC gaming. I'll argue with console plebs when one says the other is better, you're not buying the console for graphics, you're buying it for the exclusives, features, and controller. PC has the superior everything else. Modding support and better indie support, not to mention the constant F2P and reliance on digital media instead of physical discs (I prefer digital, but my internet is so bad). PC is, when you can afford it, the superior way to play games, but consoles are still great and serve a good purpose. At the price point they're being sold at, it's perfectly fine.

I like having a super PC, but the total and utter disrespect for consoles on here is ridiculous. They serve a purpose and they serve it well, I'm glad I own an Xbox One because of the games like Destiny and MCC. I have a minimum of 120 hours invested in Destiny already, but not so much on my PC for the past few months.

I'm also waiting for FC4 to go on sale for PC. I'd much rather have it on PC than console.

post-104353-0-86243400-1417082366.jpg

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

We just need the emulator community to catch up. There, done problem solved.

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

You can't build a 100W TDP pc system that can run 720p+ on med-high with consistent 45-60+ fps on big titles until maybe the 2nd or 3rd generation of Zen (or until Intel somehow makes magic happen irl).

Why do I even need to post this.. Consoles can be affordable but in 99% of cases you lose money on them. You can't simply dump $$ into a fully retailed PC and somehow come out on top. Consoles and PC components are both priced aggressively but you're talking suppliers vs. distributors; that doesn't fucking work.

If you buy some things used, which can be perfectly fine in most cases, you can build a $250 system with $30-$100+ in new peripherals for the same price. You get a free OS with consoles that I bet is always more optimized than Linux when it comes to games. Still won't be 100W but it's not going to be blazing hot, slow or expensive to run 24 hours a day every day. You do have to pay for bonuses like a headset for console as well as with PC. The difference is that the console stuff is cheaply made and terrible quality for the actual tech, all while being expensive if you want something that compares to $5 solutions on the desktop.

OP is more dense than a sack of rocks. They want people to bring PCs down to the consoles' level when they are only alike in the sense that you play games on them. /r/pcmasterrace calls themselves satire, it's meant to be a joke and I understand that. It's not quite a safe haven for computer users to condescend those who sport a wireless controller and brickbox. But it's definitely a circlejerky area of the internet I think is stupid, and I saw the title thinking you were someone who realized how dumb people there are when they speak of anything. Doesn't matter if it's not about consoles, they're a very stupid community. Referring to PCMR in any way just makes me think you're illogical, uninformed and very annoying.

I'll tear apart every point you've put forth if you still wanna argue about desktop computers vs couchboxes. I don't even have a problem with consoles. You really have no idea what you're talking about @Suika, and it'd be nice to see you get educated before spewing bs again.

We, pc and console gamers might have our disagreements. But if you think your a gamer by playing angry birds....you need to gtfo now. 

There have been many wars that have rocked the face of Earth, Many have heard of WWI, WWII, The Cold War, The Vietnam War and the Iraq War. But there has been a war that only a handful of humans know.....AMD vs Intel. It all started in 1985 when Intel released the first 32bit processor, the Intel 386. This war has been raging on for decades and Intel and AMD are still at each others throats. Fanboys have been ruthlessly killed, motherboards have been short circuited and most gruesome of all... CPU pins have been bent. Stop this war before it is too late. #STOPTHISWAR

We, pc and console gamers might have our disagreements. But if you think your a gamer by playing angry birds....you need to gtfo now. 

Agreed.

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

Come at me.

PCMR argues its superiority for the wrong reasons, and why console plebs find PCMR to be irritating and foolish. Argue with me, if you'd like, but I feel like a lot of the arguments are not actually as solid as people would like to think. The ignorance of the PCMasterRace matches the ignorance they claim these console plebs have.

Somebody build me a $350 computer, with decent peripherals included, that can run all games on decent settings (ranging from 720-1080p), with a TDP of 100w, and is easy to set up. It also can't be based on Black Friday sales, used components, or old parts you "found throughout the house," because an Xbox One isn't based on any of those.

Come at me.

1) PC gaming is cheaper.

A: Dependent. What if, as I have now, I buy an Xbox One for $350, and get Destiny, Halo MCC, and Halo 5. I bought Destiny on sale for $30, with Xbox Live for $30, so that's a grand total of $530, and that's all I want. Now, to get a decent gaming computer to play all current games, I'm looking at a minimum of an i5-4440 and GTX 750 Ti, which could last awhile, but cost $500-600 depending on what else you buy on the PC (I've built 750 Ti & Pentium G3258 PCs for $500 with all the bling). Now include peripherals, then games, aaaaaannddd... The Xbox One was cheaper. Oh, well, that shouldn't happen, or be true, but it is. Also, people still buy games on release for PC at the full $60.

2) Building a PC isn't hard.

A: It's not hard, but can be frustrating if you do something wrong. I can't say that "building a PC is hard" is a very effective argument, but I can easily argue, "I plugged in my Xbox, updated, and was ready to play." It was extremely easy, and still cheaper. Building a PC isn't hard, but setting up a console is even easier.

3) You have to deal with a cruddy community and little kids on a console.

A: I've met some really cool people on Destiny, and some really stupid kids on TF2. It's hard to summarize a community like that.

4) You can play with friends online.

A: It's 50x easier and cheaper to play with four friends in local multiplayer than setting up four laptops and computers for one game at one place.

5) You have to buy an entirely new console when Microsoft releases one.

A: And you have to upgrade a PC with the new consoles to match the new demands these new games might have. Ubisoft is a bad example, but a GTX 780 in the recommended specs for Watch_Dogs? That's probably just poor optimization, but I don't think PC will be getting the same great optimization that consoles have. There is also development on the Xbox 360 going on still, so you can easily wait for the next console to go down a little cheaper.

What do I think PCMR has? Obviously, a mouse and keyboard is undeniably the easier and better way to play. Not always comfortable for a couch or in local multiplayer, but the better way to play for a single gamer at a desk. Higher resolutions and better graphics is a major bonus for PC gaming. I'll argue with console plebs when one says the other is better, you're not buying the console for graphics, you're buying it for the exclusives, features, and controller. PC has the superior everything else. Modding support and better indie support, not to mention the constant F2P and reliance on digital media instead of physical discs (I prefer digital, but my internet is so bad). PC is, when you can afford it, the superior way to play games, but consoles are still great and serve a good purpose. At the price point they're being sold at, it's perfectly fine.

I like having a super PC, but the total and utter disrespect for consoles on here is ridiculous. They serve a purpose and they serve it well, I'm glad I own an Xbox One because of the games like Destiny and MCC. I have a minimum of 120 hours invested in Destiny already, but not so much on my PC for the past few months.

I'm also waiting for FC4 to go on sale for PC. I'd much rather have it on PC than console.

#PCMASTERRACE 'cause my console makes your console