PCMasterRace is Ignorant

Suika

those are all still very valid arguements.

only reason i say pc is cheaper is because steam sales. and bundles. 

pc gaming is more fine tuned. its more customized. even if the hardware is 10x more expensive its a 10x better experiene, and it also replaces that 1500 dollar facebook machine of a macbook. 

meh. as long as nintendo makes it i'll always buy it. and as long as my pc meats/slightly exceeds my needs im happy.

i hate the whole PC MASTER RACE thing..........................

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

I like consoles..I just like pc better for many reason not necessarily funds.. I can download games for free... pay next to nothing for most of them during sales and with a decent pc the games look better... also there isnt a bunch of kiddies on pc plus you have games like arma and dayz on pc. On the other hand consoles are just easier to use for your average joe. The main reason I own a new console is for the exclusive releases.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

perfectly stated.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

i just say pc master race when its a good time for a joke or when someone wants to play games AND have a computer. for barely more... :/

-Jim Hensen

It's the other way around, the ignorant console people that say pc gaming is to expensive while they are basing all this off their IGN articles that say the only way to pc game is with a titan and a 6 core i7 at $3k+.

We can get similar performance at similar prices, you do not need to run settings at max to play pc games you can play them at medium just like consoles do and have a similar priced build that will do so. But we have the option to go higher if we want, that really is the best part of pc gaming the flexabilty. We get to keep that same system that performs like a console but then can just put in a graphics card down the line or a cpu, we get to keep our ever growing games libraries and dont loose all our games when we upgrade like consoles do.

Then ofcourse game price differences, console games cost £35-40 new and £30-£35 pre owned on new releases. Even after a year console games can and do cost upwards of £30, while currently on steam(as I type this) we have sales on games that are 1 month old as low as 66% off. Trading in games is not a point in favour of consoles either, you loose out big time trading in and so does the developer as the brick and mortar stores are the ones that make all the money from pre owned games.

There are rational "PC Master race" folk who don't actually look down on people who don't have a gaming PC (or build their own, God forbid you buy a pre-built) but they never browse the subreddit anymore since it's being overrun by people who take it too seriously.

There are some of those rational people here (like myself) but I'm beginning to feel outnumbered and it bothers me. Not because I feel outnumbered, but because of the amount of deep I see. It annoys the pics out of me.

I didn't read any previous replies to this thread, but I can imagine it's full of people who are being irrational.

There are rational "PC Master race" folk who don't actually look down on people who don't have a gaming PC (or build their own, God forbid you buy a pre-built) but they never browse the subreddit anymore since it's being overrun by people who take it too seriously.

There are some of those rational people here (like myself) but I'm beginning to feel outnumbered and it bothers me. Not because I feel outnumbered, but because of the amount of deep I see. It annoys the pics out of me.

I didn't read any previous replies to this thread, but I can imagine it's full of people who are being irrational.

nah most of them are people that can see both sides. Read my post

My rig: Case: Corsair 760T CPU: Intel 4690k MOBO: MSI Z79 Gaming 5 RaM: 16gb HyperX SSD: 256gb Samsung pro HDD: 1tb Toshiba PSU: Thermaltake smart 750 GPU: 1x GTX 1080 Founders edition

nah most of them are people that can see both sides. Read my post

I guess. I've just seen many people in the comments section of the subreddit earlier this year express their discontent with the people taking it too seriously.

This is something so many people fail to realize so much. A lot of good a well built custom rig does you when your friends are using crappy Dell boxes. Not everyone is a tech enthusiasts and it's easier getting friends together to game on the couch vs expecting all of them to have decently powerful computers.

The thing is, recent console games, dont have that local multiplayer experience from years back, its just a single player game on a less powerfull platform, only nintendo games have local multiplayer.

and before you point out diablo 3, fifa, and.... well there have to be some more multiplayer games, but they are so few that you cant really count that as a feature anymore.

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1

How is this thread still going? Stop feeding the damn trolls! 

post-104353-0-22719100-1417129076_thumb.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

You do not count for all of us. I have personally enjoyed rebuilding my pc 5 times because I wanted neat cables.

I like to do things right the first time, and not half ass it 5 times. 

Never ran prime 95 in my whole life or any benchmark software and if you buy a prebuilt PC, then half of the steps are invalid

so basically

Plug in PC

Set up windows

install drivers

Create steam account

Buy game

Download game (it installs automatically)

Launch game

Change settings

Enjoy

Are you serious? You're trying to recommend prebuilt systems? What the fuck man!

How is this thread still going? Stop feeding the damn trolls! 

It was funny at first because OP clearly wasn't in on the joke, but now a bunch of other people who also didn't get the joke have come out of the woodwork to make this thread 10 pages long.

You know those people who if you happen to make a joke about something, or are facetious about something, they respond in a dead serious manner and you can tell they don't understand sarcasm or the joke just goes over their head and they make things awkward? This thread is filled with those people.

It was funny at first because OP clearly wasn't in on the joke, but now a bunch of other people who also didn't get the joke have come out of the woodwork to make this thread 10 pages long.

You know those people who if you happen to make a joke about something, or are facetious about something, they respond in a dead serious manner and you can tell they don't understand sarcasm or the joke just goes over their head and they make things awkward? This thread is filled with those people.

Yeah I was here at the start, I tried to stop it.. But it just got out of hand.. So quickly.. :P

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

I must admit you do make some very valid points

This is why I stopped buying consoles after the original Xbox.

1. The original Xbox at the time outperformed any PC and cost less

2. Xbox 360s and PS3s were about equal to gaming computers

3. Xbox 1 and PS4 are behind current gaming computers

4. My computer has better specs than the 'next gen' consoles, and it will not be outdated for years.

5. Mouse and keyboards are better for playing games than controlpads, look at the way microsofts attempt at combining windows and console gaming went.

6. I can use a mouse and keyboard on my original Xbox

7. My original Xbox has a 3TB HDD which was installed with an easy, no risk soft mod and my computer can store as much as I have the space for the HDDs.

8. I can replace outdated parts for less than the cost of replacing an outdated console.

9. Some consoles aren't as focused on games as the earlier ones. (Windows 8 style media center aka the xbox one)

10. I can repair an replace computer/original parts on my own, on new consoles you can't do that (HDD excepted with a lot of mucking around)

Ergo, I've had plenty of experiences with each console and after comparing it to my computer, they just aren't cost effective any more. Which is why I'll be keeping my original xbox going for another 10 years + (it was 11 years old on the 26/11/2014 and it is still running like new with the 'crap' thompson drive only having the bands replaced.)

And while I'm at it this is another use for an old xbox. ( I have all 3 of the games with the soft mod exploit just in case).

http://lifehacker.com/299809/transform-your-classic-xbox-into-a-killer-media-center

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

PCMASTERRACE

PS4 and XBOXONE are pay to play online. PC servers are free with the exception of some online MMO's

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

Sarcasm never has nor ever will translate well over the internet.

PCMASTERRACE

PS4 and XBOXONE are pay to play online. PC servers are free with the exception of some online MMO's

Not quite true for the ps4 if I remember correctly, but definitely yes for the xboxes, though you can just set up a VPN over the internet and play system link on the xbox, even the originals.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Did you have to bring this up?

Also you can play with controllers on pc to...

1) I agree with you.
2) If you've done something wrong, and if you like PC building, you will try to found out wheres the problem and have fun fixing it.
3) You can't blame the game or the platform, Period.
4) Local multiplayer? I agree with you.
5) It's actually cheaper buying a new GPU/whatever and buy the game you want. You get a PC that will last longer. And IMO its just stupid to buy a new console for one specific game.

And there are things that you are missing.
6) Multiplayer (online) on PC is cheaper. In consoles such as the XBOX ONE, you must buy XBOX Live Gold...
7) The PC is SO much more worth it. You won't use only for gaming. You will use it for work/school and most important. The forums.
Have fun.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

5) It's actually cheaper buying a new GPU/whatever and buy the game you want. You get a PC that will last longer. And IMO its just stupid to buy a new console for one specific game.

Depends on what GPU you're talking about. Sometimes a GPU can cost far more than what a console cost. 

Most people want something they can just take out of a box, plug in and turn it on. Sure PCs on average last longer but again they often cost more. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I'm kinda late to the party, so I'm sorry if some of the points have been addressed already.

1. 350 dollar for the XB1 is a holdiday sale,too. So if you exclude sales on PC you should do the same with the XB1. And you don't need a i5 amd has got some cheap quadcore cpu's as well, which still would perform better than the XB1 cpu( assuming you get a decent gpu). 

Now you use destiny as an example for sales on consoles, but the reason destiny is so cheap is because it flopped very hard and it got bad marks so people wouldn't buy it at full price.

And the comparisons you make aren't very reasonably either, because most people don't buy an entire console for just 3 games. And it's unreasonable to calculate with the assumption that a person will play only 4 games forever.

Games on the PC even when released can be easily bought for 45 dollars with deals.I haven't seen a case where it was different this year.

2. I grant you that point, and that's why I always say:"If you want to have a certain exclusive at all cost and/or are just, too lazy to be bothered to build your own PC then better go with consoles.

3. I wouldn't know, never played online on a console.

4.I don't see why people even play with splitscreen, the only reason it existed was because there wasn't another way back in the days.

5.Well that upgrade is only going to set me back around 200 dollars and I can still play all my games I have installed up to that point.

Come at me.

I hope you don't put use all in the PCMR boat.

Just one thing, how long do you think you'll have the Xbox one for 2-3years? Add xbox live to the total as well, then the extra controllers etc

I personally have grown up with both and but haven't brought the newer consoles, sure the ps3 could run fallout New Vegas but the drop in frames in some places was appalling.

The last gen consoles pushed me back into PC gaming

Edit: Also Lego Marvel Heroes that only my 5 year old son plays on his pc with a controller, £40 PS4 £30 PS3 £4 Steam

Its not just new games with top end graphics we play. One game consoles have that I wish we did, Scott Pilgrim, that's it.