PCMasterRace is Ignorant

Suika

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 760K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($73.98 @ OutletPC) 

Motherboard: *Asus A78M-E Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: *Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 1GB Video Card  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 

Case: *Antec Three Hundred ATX Mid Tower Case  ($19.99 @ Newegg) 

Keyboard: *Rosewill RK-101 Wired Standard Keyboard  ($5.99 @ Amazon) 

Mouse: Logitech 910-002727 Wireless Optical Mouse  ($19.49 @ Amazon) 

Total: $348.90

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-02 11:32 EST-0500

Instead of KB/M, you can always pick up a Xbox 360 controller for about $25.

Boom.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

everyone needs a pc or laptop (which really is a pc too) at home anyways. So just upgrade your facebook/skype machine a little bit and you'll be able to play some games. Way cheaper than consoles in the long run.

If you are a casual and only want to play some games and not all the time this argument is even better because you wont have to buy a new graphics card at all. Just play classics like halo 1 or something, just got Black Mesa for free, its half-life 1 with a mod so it has source 2 graphics. Wonderful game. League of Legends runs fine, so why would I ever need a console?
My PC does anything I want from it, and the most important thing is not gaming and all that. Just entertainment with video and so on.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Personally I am a pc gamer, that being I play games on a computer, this is partly due to the fact that my job revolves around pcs I am very comfortable around them and I have a large group of friends that also play on pcs but more so revolves around the fact that I do not own a TV to plug a console into.

I have no qualms about console gamers because lets face it we are all gamers, yes a pc can last longer with a higher upfront investment but a console can last just as long with a smaller upfront investment (n64 anyone?) there is a higher graphics barrier on pc but a plug and play experience on console.

Frankly its all bullshit play with what you are comfortable with and when someone says you are wrong, smile, nod and carry on with what ever the hell you were doing!

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

I do not own a TV to plug a console into.

Oh I totally forgot about that! Not everyone lives with their parents here ;)

No but I would not even want a TV. Most channels are crap and I can watch 1080p on my 24" monitor as good as on a TV.

I think this is a very strong argument. I could attach a console to this monitor but I would not have it if I would not have owned a PC for a long time...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oh I totally forgot about that! Not everyone lives with their parents here ;)

No but I would not even want a TV. Most channels are crap and I can watch 1080p on my 24" monitor as good as on a TV.

I think this is a very strong argument. I could attach a console to this monitor but I would not have it if I would not have owned a PC for a long time...

Lets be fair I could go an buy a TV I used to have one but came to the conclusion that I simply don't want one :) I prefer to spend my time more constructively than watching adverts. Plus the TV Licence's piss me off to no end.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

Yes, PC gaming is cheaper. Console gamers still have some kind of PC for work - they can't work on a console. A console is $350, a shit laptop is also about $300, which adds up to $650, which can get a pretty good gaming PC.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Yes, PC gaming is cheaper. Console gamers still have some kind of PC for work - they can't work on a console. A console is $350, a shit laptop is also about $300, which adds up to $650, which can get a pretty good gaming PC.

But you can't carry that PC with you if you need your workstation to be mobile. So for some, that solution is not feasible (to have a workstation/gaming PC).

There are arguments and scenarios from all different angles. This is why I've said, (multiple times now on this forum), that the cost argument for consoles vs. PC simply cannot be made, objectively. Why? Because everyone has different needs, is in a different situation, and has different personal preferences that effect the perceived "worth" of one vs. the other.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

But you can't carry that PC with you if you need your workstation to be mobile. So for some, that solution is not feasible (to have a workstation/gaming PC).

There are arguments and scenarios from all different angles. This is why I've said, (multiple times now on this forum), that the cost argument for consoles vs. PC simply cannot be made, objectively. Why? Because everyone has different needs, is in a different situation, and has different personal preferences that effect the perceived "worth" of one vs. the other.

Exactly. People who try and make it black and white and prescribe to one track thinking are the ones who people hate. That goes for both sides, not just console or PC users. Everyone. 

I have a $350 dollar console and a $2200 laptop and a $2000 desktop. The desktop is now being parted out and being downsized into a gigantic media server/NAS. Why? Cause I spend 18 hours a day not at home. Having a superpowered weapon of mass computation on my desk doesn't help me much anymore. The laptop, which carries 8 hours of battery life, weighs next to nothing, and still has a proper quad core processor and GPU for when I do need to do some PS rendering is perfect for me. Thats worth paying for, for me. My needs changed, so I adapted. 

Is it as powerful in raw terms? Nope. But its hilariously overbuilt, will probably last me a good 3-4 years at least, and in my personal use is something I can depend on day in and day out. You pay to play with well built things, and I was okay with paying that much for a "unless, underpowered shite laptop" (this forum only thinks in gaming terms, therefore all laptops are overpriced shit, am I right?) 

If I worked from home more, I wouldn't need the laptop. I'd probably have invested more into the computer. But that makes no sense for me. Having a high powered desktop, for now, isn't needed. When I do get home, I don't want to be on the computer. I want to fire up NHL 15 and play with friends. Or go in as a squad on COD or Horizon and clown around. I don't even want to think about a goddamn PC at that point. 

But the problem is that most people are too stupid, thick headed and ignorant to think in abstract terms like that. They don't get that someone can see the benefits and drawbacks in something and still chose it, because FOR THEM, it makes sense. But this is the internet, and with any hardcore community you get a lot of crap and very little critical thinking and a whole lot of knee jerk reactions. 

The Problem with the Phrase is not that it's being used sarcastically, the problem is when someone uses it to try and confound others that they are a superior person because they bought x pc for x amount of 1000's and belittles other people with it

Or uses it to try and convince other people that there are absolutely no problems with PC Gaming what so ever.

(JMO)

snip

Somebody build me a $350 computer, with decent peripherals included, that can run all games on decent settings (ranging from 720-1080p),

done

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/By2TNG

monitor not included because xb1 doesn't come with one, and even if you were going to buy one you either have to have a tv/monitor already or you're going to buy one with your console

Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($48.98 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Corsair XMS3 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($27.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Toshiba  500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($39.98 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R7 260X 2GB Core Edition Video Card  ($84.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Antec VSK-3000 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($24.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $325.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-02 15:27 EST-0500

Abigail: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.5GHz 1.170v / EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Classified  / ASRock Z97 Extreme6 / Corsair H110i GT / 4x4Gb G.Skill Ares 1866MHz @ CAS9 / Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb SSD / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM / NZXT H440 Blue / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2

Peripherals: BenQ XL2411z 24" 144hz 1080p / ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1080p / Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD650 / Schiit Audio Modi 2 / Magni 2 / Blue Yeti Blackout

http://reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace doesn't look like a joke to me.

It seriously just a circlejerk of elitists, it really is just a joke, but not in the way you mean it

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

older amd quad cores ftw.

ive got an old phenom x6 1090T. it has served me well.

Well for what it's worth I've never had my PC parts sold to me as listening and/or filming me 247 as a feature that's "required". 

Aight, I get it. Trying to take jabs at xbone is ridiculous and picking on the weakest kid on the block isn't cool. So I'll speak about PS4 instead.

I actually kinda wanna buy it. I own the original PlayStation, and back then I had that and Amiga (I know, amiga was ancient when PS came out but.. Flashback, wing commander, too many good games!) and fell in love with GT series. As well as multitude of other games not least which are the annual "Please give us money" releases from EA, I don't think PC comes near in terms of "Games you can play with people sitting at the same couch". I know that's a roundabout way to put it but that's how I feel, even at this day and age with steam trying it's best to give us big picture and whatnot.

Would I ever buy a PS4 to play high-end eyecandy? We both know the answer to this is 30fps, come to whatever conclusion you want based on that. Would I buy one to have party games and undeniably my favourite franchise of racing games (Aka exclusive titles)? Yup!

Now I do feel that console situation would be a lot better were we in a situation where Sony and Microsoft had opted in for the traditional way of doing things, aka take a beating on the console itself and opt for better hardware, trading that bit of initial profit for longevity and gamesales which is the way I believe they went about it before.

And I do believe I'm not alone in this. But in the frustration of bad ports and console being the lead platform (Whether this is due to monetary reasons or because otherwise you'd be unable to port it to consoles as it'd be too demanding) in ahh so (too?) many games, we've come to see it as the devil itself. The times I feel that we're handicapped by them is too common to even keep track of. Not to mention how things COULD be, given free reign to developers. But at the other end, I suppose I should be happy to get 4 or more years for a lifespan of a build... But that just makes me kinda sad. Because I know I could be looking at something that doesn't look quite like anything I saw 4 years ago...  -_- 

And this in the end might be what makes PCMR take their joke a bit too serious for some people, it's not necessarily bad thing either. Money talks and unfortunately the current gen sales have been good. I was hoping they wouldn't be, so they'd wake up and slap decent hardware to the next system, if such a thing comes by. Guess I was hoping for nothing. :( 
TLDR?

I don't hate consoles. I hate console hardware in current gen.

-snip-

Don't forget; bad PC ports almost always still run worse on the consoles (especially with this latest gen consoles) so on PC, we're still getting a better experience. They just don't run as well as they could or should on PC. ;)

You have a lot of totally valid points, so don't feel bad for wanting one of the consoles (you shouldn't have to). It plays into the fact that everyone's situation is different and there is no single solution that is ideal for everybody. I want a Wii U. Not because of the graphics, but because it's a unique gaming device/platform that has a strong list of exclusives and delivers a unique experience you can't get on the PC. I also like that you can play the games right on the game pad so someone else can use the TV at the same time. That's something that has always been an issue because we only have one TV. I can also play some fun, casual Nintendo games in bed before I go to sleep. Yeah I know the Shield would let me play PC games remotely, but I have an AMD GPU and the majority of the types of games I play on PC I don't want to play with a game pad.

As you can see everyone has their own unique set of reasons for why a certain console either does or doesn't make sense. Those who take PCMR way too seriously need to understand that - from both ends of the spectrum.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Howabout instead of caring what other people's opinions are on something completely subjective, you just play your pc/console/whatever and enjoy it?

Because some of us care about helping people get the correct information when they come to forums like this asking what they should buy. ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

Somebody build me a $350 computer, with decent peripherals included, that can run all games on decent settings (ranging from 720-1080p), with a TDP of 100w, and is easy to set up. It also can't be based on Black Friday sales, used components, or old parts you "found throughout the house," because an Xbox One isn't based on any of those.

Not to argue, and I'm not reading 14 pages just to see if someone else pointed this out, but the Xbox One is $350 based on the holidays. This isn't confirmed to be a price cut, yet most people are assuming so. I can see it being the normal price(it should have been $350 without Kinect to begin with), but until Microsoft confirms that $350 is the price going forward, your comparison price should be $580 not $530.

Other than that, I personally feel that the PC platform is superior to consoles, however get whatever you want and feel like dealing with. I used to play on the 360 religiously, but I always had problems with it reading discs, overheating, and just being a PoS(and yes I kept it in a well ventilated area, specifically on top of a desk horizontally). On the other side, sometimes I have issues with graphics settings in my games, driver issues, or the occasional BSOD. I can fix nearly 99% of my computer problems but if I wanted to fix anything on my 360 I either had to break warranty or send it into Microsoft to be serviced. So, ultimately to me it depends on what you deem reasonable. I don't mind fixing my own problems, but I do mind sending something in and not knowing what's going to happen to it or breaking something and knowing I can't be helped by the manufacturer. Also I don't like paying for Xbox Live/PS+, so if I were to get a console it'd be strictly offline.

Also I think it really depends on what your friends game on as well. If they game on a PS4 then go get a PS4, if they game on a Xbone then go get a Xbone. If they are casual and like mobile/Nintendo systems then get a WiiU or 2DS and then pick a PS4 or Xbone to go with your major gaming needs. Go onto sub-Reddits for games like Destiny and Halo and find some people in the same country(or neighboring country) as you are to play with.

TL;DR - PC is the best platform but it isn't for everyone.

This thread doesn't need to exist.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Come at me.

PCMR argues its superiority for the wrong reasons, and why console plebs find PCMR to be irritating and foolish. Argue with me, if you'd like, but I feel like a lot of the arguments are not actually as solid as people would like to think. The ignorance of the PCMasterRace matches the ignorance they claim these console plebs have.

Somebody build me a $350 computer, with decent peripherals included, that can run all games on decent settings (ranging from 720-1080p), with a TDP of 100w, and is easy to set up. It also can't be based on Black Friday sales, used components, or old parts you "found throughout the house," because an Xbox One isn't based on any of those.

Come at me.

1) PC gaming is cheaper.

A: Dependent. What if, as I have now, I buy an Xbox One for $350, and get Destiny, Halo MCC, and Halo 5. I bought Destiny on sale for $30, with Xbox Live for $30, so that's a grand total of $530, and that's all I want. Now, to get a decent gaming computer to play all current games, I'm looking at a minimum of an i5-4440 and GTX 750 Ti, which could last awhile, but cost $500-600 depending on what else you buy on the PC (I've built 750 Ti & Pentium G3258 PCs for $500 with all the bling). Now include peripherals, then games, aaaaaannddd... The Xbox One was cheaper. Oh, well, that shouldn't happen, or be true, but it is. Also, people still buy games on release for PC at the full $60.

You can argue a G3258 is enough, but I disagree, since Far Cry 4 can't accommodate for Dual Cores, but the Xbox One can play FC4 fine.

2) Building a PC isn't hard.

A: It's not hard, but can be frustrating if you do something wrong. I can't say that "building a PC is hard" is a very effective argument, but I can easily argue, "I plugged in my Xbox, updated, and was ready to play." It was extremely easy, and still cheaper. Building a PC isn't hard, but setting up a console is even easier.

3) You have to deal with a cruddy community and little kids on a console.

A: I've met some really cool people on Destiny, and some really stupid kids on TF2. It's hard to summarize a community like that.

4) You can play with friends online.

A: It's 50x easier and cheaper to play with four friends in local multiplayer than setting up four laptops and computers for one game at one place.

5) You have to buy an entirely new console when Microsoft releases one.

A: And you have to upgrade a PC with the new consoles to match the new demands these new games might have. Ubisoft is a bad example, but a GTX 780 in the recommended specs for Watch_Dogs? That's probably just poor optimization, but I don't think PC will be getting the same great optimization that consoles have. There is also development on the Xbox 360 going on still, so you can easily wait for the next console to go down a little cheaper.

What do I think PCMR has? Obviously, a mouse and keyboard is undeniably the easier and better way to play. Not always comfortable for a couch or in local multiplayer, but the better way to play for a single gamer at a desk. Higher resolutions and better graphics is a major bonus for PC gaming. I'll argue with console plebs when one says the other is better, you're not buying the console for graphics, you're buying it for the exclusives, features, and controller. PC has the superior everything else. Modding support and better indie support, not to mention the constant F2P and reliance on digital media instead of physical discs (I prefer digital, but my internet is so bad). PC is, when you can afford it, the superior way to play games, but consoles are still great and serve a good purpose. At the price point they're being sold at, it's perfectly fine.

I like having a super PC, but the total and utter disrespect for consoles on here is ridiculous. They serve a purpose and they serve it well, I'm glad I own an Xbox One because of the games like Destiny and MCC. I have a minimum of 120 hours invested in Destiny already, but not so much on my PC for the past few months.

I'm also waiting for FC4 to go on sale for PC. I'd much rather have it on PC than console.

I think there's an age aspect. I'm 37 years old - used to play Modern Warfare 2 and BFBC2 on the xbox all the timewith friends. All was great and good until they got called up for Afghanistan, and being a civilian...I got left in the dust. 18 months with no one to really enjoy your games with is a long time, and so I started venturing out into the wider community. I have social anxiety issues which...Admittedly probably made things a little worse for me, but I found the attitude of the majority of gamers at the time extremely intimidating and concerning; I honestly tolerated if for a while, right up until I started playing a couple of rounds with some loudmouthed kid who called me a paedophile. Not a big thing in itself, but here in the UK the mere utterance of said word tends to stir up a lynch mob.

I took the high road. I sold my 360, sold the games and upgraded my PC so that I could run steam; now...I won't say, as you point out that everyone is more mature, but at least with steam I can be more wary, and more selective of the people I game with, and that tends to be the big bonus for me personally.

Fractal Design R2 Define, Core i5-4670k@3.40Ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Ram

Zotac GTX 780 OC, BenQ XL2410T 1920x1080 120hz, LG 29EA73-P 29 Ultra wide

Crucial M4 250gb SSD, 2x3tb Western Digital Caviar Black partitioned into 1.36tb each, Razer Black Widow 2013 edition, Razer Deathadder, Logitech G13. 

This thread doesn't need to exist.

Don't bump the thread then?

I think there's an age aspect. I'm 37 years old - used to play Modern Warfare 2 and BFBC2 on the xbox all the timewith friends. All was great and good until they got called up for Afghanistan, and being a civilian...I got left in the dust. 18 months with no one to really enjoy your games with is a long time, and so I started venturing out into the wider community. I have social anxiety issues which...Admittedly probably made things a little worse for me, but I found the attitude of the majority of gamers at the time extremely intimidating and concerning; I honestly tolerated if for a while, right up until I started playing a couple of rounds with some loudmouthed kid who called me a paedophile. Not a big thing in itself, but here in the UK the mere utterance of said word tends to stir up a lynch mob.

I took the high road. I sold my 360, sold the games and upgraded my PC so that I could run steam; now...I won't say, as you point out that everyone is more mature, but at least with steam I can be more wary, and more selective of the people I game with, and that tends to be the big bonus for me personally.

It's funny you say that, my experience was the roughly same to a lesser extent, I moved back PC after getting a ps3 and I won an Xbox 360 and a "lifetime" membership of Xbox live. I've spent more time playing on my PC with friends and forum members this year in the lifetime of playing with friends on the console.

I've had no abuse thrown at me either, the amount of flak I use to get for my username as well, no problems since moving to PC.

those guys who claim to be pcmr or console mr are just sore loser kids without even half a brain.

be a real person. in gaming just play game on whatever platform and have a blast.

although truth be told right now the pc is more like a jack of all trades compared to consoles with a big difference is the upgrade side but hey they all work at their intended purpose so everything should be good.

Live your life like a dream.

I just lol at both sides and continue to enjoy my pc that I built and enjoy no matter who says what for or against it #memyselfandI

CPU: Ryzen 2700x Cooler: NZXT x52 Kraken Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair Vii RAM: Team Darkgroup 3600 16GB DDR4 GPU: Palit GTX 1080 Gamerock SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256 GB, 500gb 870 Evo, 250gb 970 Evo m.2 HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracude Case: Meshify C PSU: Corsair AX860i OS: Windows 10 Pro

Laptop: MSI GS70 2QE

I love both consoles and PCs. They both have their purposes and they're both good at what they do. I'm takin' no side. It's quite ridiculous if you ask me. So ridiculous in fact that it can only be summed in one way.

post-14986-0-77328600-1417693955.jpg

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I feel like I'm repeating myself, but I guess everyone is in threads like this one: to me PCs are superior, to me. I'm a tech enthusiast and I like to know, to research, to put machines together and stuff like that.

I know there are pros and cons, I know not everyone wants to deal with modularity, I know it all depends on personal needs and preferences. When someone says "PC master race" most of times he's just being self-ironic about his own preference, it's rare to find people who are actually trying to impose their way on others.

I don't believe in the PC master race BS because it's not meant to be believed as it started out as a joke. This is people have now grabbed on to it. The same kind of people who claim consoles are "better". Also the Internet really seems to need to pick sides for whatever reason which is rather stupid.

You also can build a pc comparable to a console for the same price. It's just takes effort, effort that most people don't want to put in. If gaming PCs were that much better of a consumer product do think consoles would still exist?

This also may shock you but I've always had consoles and pc and another shocking thing is that I use my pc for more than gaming. O.o