PCMasterRace is Ignorant

Suika

You find ME a deal on an Xbox One with an included TV and mic for $350

Well to be fair, you're more likely to find a nice TV than a good desktop monitor inside a home these days.

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Well to be fair, you're more likely to find a nice TV than a good desktop monitor inside a home these days.

True, but its still not fair to assume literally everyone has a TV already

CPU: AMD FX8350 @4.4GHz | MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0, 990FX chipset | RAM: 16GB (4x4) dual channel Patriot Xtreme series DDR3 @1866MHz @1.65V | GPU: Asus Radeon R9 Fury Strix| PSU: Corsair AX860i 860 watt | CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S + additional Noctua NF-F12 | Case:Corsair C70 Black | Storage: 3x 128GB Samsung 840 pro SSDs; 1 for the OS, 2 in RAID 0 for games. 3x WD Red 3TB HDDs in raid 5 for bulk storage | Displays: 1x Dell 3007WFP 30 inch 2560x1600 IPS LCD. 1x I-Inc IH253DPB 25 inch 1920x1080 TN LCD | Keyboard: Corsair K70 with Cherry MX brown switches + Blue LED backlight | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro | Mouse: Logitech G600 @1100 DPI | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit | 

Mfg/model number: Clevo/W355SSQ | CPU: Intel i7 4710MQ @3.5GHz  | MOBO: W35xSS_370SS, HM87 Chipset | RAM: 16GB (2x8) dual channel Crucial Ballistix DDR3 @1866MHz | GPU: GTX860m 2GB Gddr5 | Battery: 76,960mW/h 8 Cell battery, 3 Hrs full on a full charge | Storage: 1x 128GB Samsung 840 pro SSD for the OS. 1x WD Red 1TB HDD For storage and games | Displays: 1x 15.6" 1080p LCD | Keyboard: Full 103 key back-lit keyboard | Mouse: Logitech M510 | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit |

True, but its still not fair to assume literally everyone has a TV already

kind of hard not to assume something that's so highly likely, but agreed. We were talking about just the console vs. just the pc anyways.

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

kind of hard not to assume something that's so highly likely, but agreed. We were talking about just the console vs. just the pc anyways.

Not to mention, you can connect a PC to a TV anyways

CPU: AMD FX8350 @4.4GHz | MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0, 990FX chipset | RAM: 16GB (4x4) dual channel Patriot Xtreme series DDR3 @1866MHz @1.65V | GPU: Asus Radeon R9 Fury Strix| PSU: Corsair AX860i 860 watt | CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S + additional Noctua NF-F12 | Case:Corsair C70 Black | Storage: 3x 128GB Samsung 840 pro SSDs; 1 for the OS, 2 in RAID 0 for games. 3x WD Red 3TB HDDs in raid 5 for bulk storage | Displays: 1x Dell 3007WFP 30 inch 2560x1600 IPS LCD. 1x I-Inc IH253DPB 25 inch 1920x1080 TN LCD | Keyboard: Corsair K70 with Cherry MX brown switches + Blue LED backlight | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro | Mouse: Logitech G600 @1100 DPI | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit | 

Mfg/model number: Clevo/W355SSQ | CPU: Intel i7 4710MQ @3.5GHz  | MOBO: W35xSS_370SS, HM87 Chipset | RAM: 16GB (2x8) dual channel Crucial Ballistix DDR3 @1866MHz | GPU: GTX860m 2GB Gddr5 | Battery: 76,960mW/h 8 Cell battery, 3 Hrs full on a full charge | Storage: 1x 128GB Samsung 840 pro SSD for the OS. 1x WD Red 1TB HDD For storage and games | Displays: 1x 15.6" 1080p LCD | Keyboard: Full 103 key back-lit keyboard | Mouse: Logitech M510 | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit |

You'll never find a tv in my house, since my old computer has a watch-and-record hdtv card, I just use my monitor-and the quality is better than most TVs any way.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I must confess, I play a bunch on my old PS3, simply because there is a much bigger online community for some games. I've played Fifa on both pc and on ps3 and I must say its so much better playing fifa on the ps3, however the sub 1080p on a 50in isn't very pleasing. My gripe about fifa on pc is that there aren't enough players on it to justify me playing online. The prices for players are much higher but the coins earned are the same, its harder to find online matches and also playing on a keyboard and mouse if you don't have a controller isn't the most pleasant experience. 

Also because I'm still in school, a bunch of my friends don't have good enough PCs to play games with me so I resort to either solo queuing games or not playing them at all. 

You also can't forget about some of the exclusives. Although I wish there were no console exclusives, some games such as infamous, ratchet & clank, killzone, halo, uncharted and destiny are just some games that I would love to play on pc but have to play on console. 

You'll never find a tv in my house, since my old computer has a watch-and-record hdtv card, I just use my monitor-and the quality is better than most TVs any way.

but I guarantee you that's not most people

enough said. Consoles hold the industry back despite how much they make in sales.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I agree with you that PCMasterRace can be kind of rude and annoying and just a plain group of assholes who think they are better than everyone, but Just in case you didnt already know; The GPU settings in games for consoles are actually nerfed. So ultra is maybe equal to medium or high on PC. Consoles were NOT meant to have graphic options. Take a trip back to the Gamecube/PS2/Xbox age when there was no graphics settings. And if there was it was just little things that didnt affect much.

As for number 3, TF2 is nor demanding nor does it cost anything to play. So I excpect kids to play it on their parents run of the mill home laptop.

And overall, Xbox or PS4 (PS3 online was free) The costs long term are going to be equal to around the price of a good gaming pc. Same cost, different investment (Im talking online subscription as long term investment)

PC Has alot of offline game support now, something alot of newer consoles are starting to get rid of. I missed being able just to play on my Gamecube with my buddies or something without being mostly dependent on the internet to play. Xbox one and PS4 are like 70-80% reliant on the internet to have a good expirience.

Both have offline problems, as you cant buy disc games for either easily (unless its a big game like a new Call Of duty that always is released on disc for all platforms, or its bundled in. I will admit its easier to find disc games for consoles, Im afraid I wont be able to say the same for Xbox one and PS4)

Customizability is another problem, consoles are made for average run of the mill gamers, NOT for MLG/Competitive players or facebook gamers. So if you want customizability, too bad companies like Mad Catz dont make custom controllers and such as much as they did before.

As for specs, my buddy Sean can play Team fortress 2, garrys mod, counter-strike source all at high settings without any lag. And he plays on a 500$ Acer family laptop with a iGpu.

Game prices is another area you will save money on with PC, that might change but thats the way it is now.

Also its a shame they are planning on phasing out local multiplayer with newer consoles and making it mainly based for online play. That was the ONE thing that made me always like to maybe buy a Wii or something to play at home if I had friends over or something.

And I can still run Call of duty games (Up to around Modern Warfare 3 or Black Ops 2) On my potato laptop that is like 5 years old that I initially spent 400$ on. AT HIGH SETTINGS AT 30 FPS. HIGHEST RESOLUTION.

Honestly people are under-estimating crappy PC's and iGpus. You can usually buy a older 300$ laptop with a older but good Seperate GPU On it or buy something for around 400$ with a decent iGpu and processor. I find laptops arent as big as rip offs when it comes to performance pre built pc's, you can usually get decent perf out of them without paying 900$. I personally dont like em, but from my expirience thats how it is.

Oh man im crossing into a brand new border here, Older used parts that perform really well that you can pick up for like 90$ that perform as well as the next gen console GPU/CPU etc. So if your willing to go that route then you could probably scrape together something for 200-400$ that performs equal or better to the next gen consoles.

it all depends on what you want really, or comfort zone. I have a friend who is loyal to playstation, who doesnt even want to try PC as far as I know.

They all have thier pros and cons, PC is quite obviously the more expanadable and better option in most cases, but sometimes a console is a better idea if it suits your needs more.

It's not, that's personal preference. Better for accuracy in FPS games? Yes, but have you ever played a racing game with a KB/Mouse? Fucking nightmare, I tell you. A car's control must be fluid and gradual. A keyboard doesn't offer this range of control, just on/off.

that's why you connect steering to the mouse :P

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

PC Master Race is all sarcastic, I can't see how people take it seriously.

Plus it's doing it's job correctly, which is to annoy console fanboys who act all smug and in your face because they think they're pro for playing CoD at 30 fps, sub HD, and have aim assist on.

yoda-flame-war-begun.jpg

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Of course it's ignorant. It's suppose to be. PCMasterRace started as a circle jerk and a response to the console fanboy wars, and it was the ultimate way to troll them.

Is this thread still going on?

post-56383-0-10926200-1418371241.jpg

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Let's be perfectly clear here: the GloriousPCGamingMasterrace did not start this fanboy war. it was console fanboys who started the fanboy war. Before this war started, we never had a reason to hate the console. It was just an alternative platform on which to play games. there was no need to debate which was more powerful because we knew that we were superior. The console side started this thing because they know that our hardware is superior, but for fear of looking like idiots for having inferior hardware, they started over-defensively protecting the console as a machine. here's how the war began. two friends are at school or wherever...

Console: So you're into gaming right?
PC: Yeah, I'm pretty hardcore.
Console: So, yeah.... Hey do you wanna hang out on Xbox live sometime?
PC: Oh, um... sorry, but I don't have an Xbox.
Console: Huh? then what do you play on?
PC: Well, I play on my PC...
Console: Aww, man you need to get an Xbox, it's way more fun, you can play with multiple people at the same time,
PC: You can do that on a PC anyway.
Console: Well, you can play from your couch.
PC: Do that on a PC too.
Console: Console has better graphics
PC: (confused at this point)...really? I don't think it does, I mean, I don't mind, but I like having tons of Anti-Aliasing...
Console (getting more defensive) no, it's way better on a console...--

And so then it turned into this massive defend-fest with spouted claims that consoles have better controls or graphics or exclusive titles or "BEING CHEAPER", all of which are objectively false and subjectively debatable to a fault. The PC gamers never saw this coming. we just sort of walked into it and there it was, all of a sudden console gamers hate our guts. And now with Ubisoft coming out with these ludicrous claims that 30fps at 792p feels more cinematic and then capping the performance on the ports to OUR gaming platform at the behest of Microsoft and Sony, it has just gotten so unbearable that the PCGMR just lost it, and we tore the consoles to shreds. It didn't use to be like this. we had our games, and the consoles had theirs, now it's turned into a great pissing contest for who can have the most performance, and we won that argument so badly that the console side decided to turn the argument on its head and argue that less performance is "better". That is why we are so vehemently opposed to console fanboys. We're fine with the consoles. We don't really care about them. We just don't appreciate people trying to convince us of things that both sides know full well are not true.

Let's be perfectly clear here: the GloriousPCGamingMasterrace did not start this fanboy war. it was console fanboys who started the fanboy war. Before this war started, we never had a reason to hate the console. It was just an alternative platform on which to play games. there was no need to debate which was more powerful because we knew that we were superior. The console side started this thing because they know that our hardware is superior, but for fear of looking like idiots for having inferior hardware, they started over-defensively protecting the console as a machine. here's how the war began. two friends are at school or wherever...

Console: So you're into gaming right?

PC: Yeah, I'm pretty hardcore.

Console: So, yeah.... Hey do you wanna hang out on Xbox live sometime?

PC: Oh, um... sorry, but I don't have an Xbox.

Console: Huh? then what do you play on?

PC: Well, I play on my PC...

Console: Aww, man you need to get an Xbox, it's way more fun, you can play with multiple people at the same time,

PC: You can do that on a PC anyway.

Console: Well, you can play from your couch.

PC: Do that on a PC too.

Console: Console has better graphics

PC: (confused at this point)...really? I don't think it does, I mean, I don't mind, but I like having tons of Anti-Aliasing...

Console (getting more defensive) no, it's way better on a console...--

And so then it turned into this massive defend-fest with spouted claims that consoles have better controls or graphics or exclusive titles or "BEING CHEAPER", all of which are objectively false and subjectively debatable to a fault. The PC gamers never saw this coming. we just sort of walked into it and there it was, all of a sudden console gamers hate our guts. And now with Ubisoft coming out with these ludicrous claims that 30fps at 792p feels more cinematic and then capping the performance on the ports to OUR gaming platform at the behest of Microsoft and Sony, it has just gotten so unbearable that the PCGMR just lost it, and we tore the consoles to shreds. It didn't use to be like this. we had our games, and the consoles had theirs, now it's turned into a great pissing contest for who can have the most performance, and we won that argument so badly that the console side decided to turn the argument on its head and argue that less performance is "better". That is why we are so vehemently opposed to console fanboys. We're fine with the consoles. We don't really care about them. We just don't appreciate people trying to convince us of things that both sides know full well are not true.

Maybe if this had happened soon after the original xbox came out it might have been true.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

They're both good for different things. Sometimes I might want to get on my PlayStation and shoot some guys with my controller. Sometimes I might want to play Civilization V with mates or install mods for Skyrim.

And sometimes I want to do work. If you're just gaming, don't plan to mod games and enjoy playing with a controller, get a console. If you also need to do real work, or have demanding programs you need to run, or want to mod your game heavily, get a PC. If you want both, get both.

Consoles are cheaper, but that doesn't mean they're better. Similarly, PCs are more expensive, but they also have more functionality. You ultimately get more from a mid/high-end PC than you do from a console - that's indisputable. Granted, there are some things you can do on the console that you cannot do on the PC, but they are in the minority. Whether or not it's worth the extra $300+ (and in some cases $2000+) to you is your choice.

Are you on a tight budget and solely want to play games? Maybe a console is for you.

If you're just gaming, don't plan to mod games and enjoy playing with a controller, get a console.

No, consoles are stupid and PC's are still way better even if you don't mod and use a controller.

Maybe if this had happened soon after the original xbox came out it might have been true.

which bit? :/ I guarantee you this is the only way it could have worked out. PC gamers aren't known for telling people how rubbish their gaming platform is as soon as they mention it. There's no reason for it. That's all on the console gamers.

No, consoles are stupid and PC's are still way better even if you don't mod and use a controller.

If you aren't going to use your PC for anything other than playing console-centric games, in terms of graphical fidelity and optimization a console is better for the price.

I have a high-end PC and I still use my console occasionally, primarily for playing with my friends that also have consoles or playing co-op games with people that don't own their own computer.

Playing co-op with someone on one system with a PC is far less optimized and doesn't work in many games.

If you aren't going to use your PC for anything other than playing console-centric games, in terms of graphical fidelity and optimization a console is better for the price.

I have a high-end PC and I still use my console occasionally, primarily for playing with my friends that also have consoles or playing co-op games with people that don't own their own computer.

Playing co-op with someone on one system with a PC is far less optimized and doesn't work in many games.

That is the main reason I always try to buy the new gen of consoles. That and the fact that when ai am pissed off at my PC for disbehaving and I don't want to tweak config files to run a game well, I get a relaxing feeling sitting down on the couch and knowing that my [insert console here] will work and is simple fun.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

If you mainly want to play exclusive games, I get it. If you play every now and then and just want something that can play your games without setting anything up, I get it.