Denuvo DRM DESTROYS SSD

ahhming

I'm not happy about it, but I just gave my little brother FIFA 15 for the 3DS for his birthday. I tried to talk him out of it, but, oh well. That DRM on pc is terrible though. I don't understand why you'd need that much disk activity to do DRM.

There's no need for more DRM, the damn game in on Origin, that's a form of DRM already, just like Steam.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

That already makes the few extra days it takes to crack not worth it.

so you're both a fanboy of Bitfinex and FIFA as well?

No, I freaking hate FIFA and everything it stands for.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

So im not playing this game until its cracked.....no im not going to priate it ill buy it but i dont want to DRM crap killing my SSD thank you bery much.

Hi!  Please quote me in replies otherwise I may not see your response!

There's no need for more DRM, the damn game in on Origin, that's a form of DRM already, just like Steam.

EA............THIS.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

So...Is there any other proof beyond something said by some random Russian person on some random forum with nothing to back them up beyond one image that can EASILY be manipulated, fake, or caused by any number of things? While it is possible that this is true you'd think other people would have checked since Lords of the Fallen seems semi-popular and obviously DA: Inq will be as well. I know the internet loves to jump to conclusions based on the tiniest piece of "evidence" especially when it's negetive but we really need more verified proof for this to be shown as true and not yet another asshat intentionally creating controversy. How often have these negative rumors or "proof" turned out to be false and this whole giant mess been nothing but an embarrassment for everyone involved?

This is just some conspiracy theorist nonsense, I hate DRM as much as the next guy but this news is just scaring people for no valid reason. I own Dragon age and have not seen any of this in the couple of hours I played it on my SSD and no one else can verify these results either. Its a load of crap.

screen.jpg

Lords of the fallen resource monitors too:

http://imgur.com/a/aJjZr

Nothing unusual 

This is just some conspiracy theorist nonsense, I hate DRM as much as the next guy but this news is just scaring people for no valid reason. I own Dragon age and have not seen any of this in the couple of hours I played it on my SSD and no one else can verify these results either. Its a load of crap.

screen.jpg

Lords of the fallen resource monitors too:

http://imgur.com/a/aJjZr

Nothing unusual 

20MB? CALL THE COPPA DAWGZ!

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

I guess we're going to have to keep a list of games that feature this DRM if this is true as I sure as hell don't want to have any game kill an SSD.
In fact shouldn't we be able to make them replace the SSD or at least add a lame warning sticker that says caution not to be used with SSD on the damn thing.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

I guess we're going to have to keep a list of games that feature this DRM as I sure as hell don't want to have any game kill an SSD.

In fact shouldn't we be able to make them replace the SSD or at least add a lame warning sticker that says caution not to be used with SSD on the damn thing.

Post above mine which is above yours indicates that OP is spinning tales. Or just has a faulty SSD?

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

.. and so another reason for gamers to not use SSDs LOL!  Glad I never bought one of these things and glad I openly speak against these being put in gaming rigs when they really don't add much.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

So at this point, it seems we gamers are better off making our own games from scratch rather than buying any triple A titles....

I'm gonna laugh if this thing starts bricking consoles (that is if consoles use this DRM. I'm guessing they don't because they get treated with "special" gloves.

.. and so another reason for gamers to not use SSDs LOL!  Glad I never bought one of these things and glad I openly speak against these being put in gaming rigs when they really don't add much.

Yeah, ignorance isn't really a good position to speak from. They add a hell of a lot more than you think. I enjoy having almost 0 load time in most things even with a shitty 10Mbps connection.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

But there are people who are rich enough to have 1TB SSDs would not want it killed just because they are playing Far Cry.

Well it's a good thing I wasn't planning on buying this unless the DRM is removed (as unlikely as that is).

has anyoen got any sources other then that one russian place. because this seems like a myth

People were claiming this drm wasn't bypassed for more than a month...which is bullshit. IT was bypasssed, just no one wanted to play fifa 15 anyway. DAI was cracked immediately from skidrow and others. 

You really have NO clue do you? Denuvo has proven to be insanely hard to crack, just like the old SecuRom

(which took like half a year before if was done, and even then, it was unstable as fuck).

Fifa 15, LotF and DA: I will not be cracked for the foreseeable future, yes, at some point it will be done,

but don't expect it to come within the next few weeks at least, if not even the next few months.

And for all the shit posting you've done about "I'm looking at something that "says" crack so it must be real!",

have you actually read the descriptions or seen who has been uploading them?

_________________________[Rant over]________________________________________

Now, as for the "DRM". (It's not actually DRM, it's an Anti-Tamper tool, tho' I have no clue what the difference is)

It is some shitty DRM, but this thing about it ruining SSDS is fear-mongering, a lot of people have

said that it totally tanks their CPU usage, some saying that the game is constantly using 75% on Core i5's.

It's super sad to see that publishers have to use this method to stem the tide of piracy, but on the other had, they

alienate soooooo many of their costumers, and make them not buy the game, because they are receiving an (often)

"broken" product, like with the old AC games that were Always Online.

"DRM" is an "anti-Buzz" word these days among gamers, and I hope that more companies will start doing the same thing

as CD Projekt RED have done for so long now.

That is possibly the second dumbest thing I've seen today. I guess that people who're too poor to get one and are envious of others have to find some way of coping, right?

First of all, Denuvo is not DRM. It's there to prevent tampering with the game .exe file for purposes of multiplayer hacks etc. Second, it doesn't cause excessive amounts of reads/writes (not my image, taken from a thread on the official DA:I forums):

post-53652-0-27976800-1416405284.jpg

wow the level of stupidity in this thread is massive.  tell me sir if you never brought an ssd then who the actual fuck do you KNOW THEM TO BE SHIT!!!! sweet r-n-jesus thats a stupid comment.  from boot times to game load time to just about everything that has to accsess the hdd benifits from it being faster

some one commented in the thread about "filthy pirates" its easy to say that living at home with mommy and daddy having them pay for every thing...i started pirating becasue i got sick of shelling out £40-£50 on the latest titles only to get screwed over with shitty releases....i have moved away from pirating now and have started to pay more....why? because companies realised that the old model dosnt work and changed it. steam sales G2A and now EAs free time and on the house have lured me back...

this anti tamper thing is bad...very bad and not because of the damage it does to ssds (if it does any and TBH i dont think it does) its bad because the reason we have steam and awesome steam sales, on the house titles from EA and free time is because publishers have to fight tooth and nail for the sales and if they try any bullshit the tide shifts back to pirates... without piracy there is now competition and we all know how that ends up...ISPs we are looking at you, i hope it does get cracked and soon lets keep the balance of power the way it is and let the dev/publishers fight for our money

oh and one last thing....no cares about fifa 15, why you ask...because its a console title...in its release it occupied the top 4 places in the uk sales chart by platform...the pc version was nowhere to be seen fifa may be massive but not on pc

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

So you are "that guy" who took 20 minutes to load a damn SC2 map.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Just checked this with CDI, my total host write is still the same after over an hour exploring in DA:I

amidoinitrite?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

You really have NO clue do you? Denuvo has proven to be insanely hard to crack, just like the old SecuRom

(which took like half a year before if was done, and even then, it was unstable as fuck).

Fifa 15, LotF and DA: I will not be cracked for the foreseeable future, yes, at some point it will be done,

but don't expect it to come within the next few weeks at least, if not even the next few months.

And for all the shit posting you've done about "I'm looking at something that "says" crack so it must be real!",

have you actually read the descriptions or seen who has been uploading them?

_________________________[Rant over]________________________________________

Now, as for the "DRM". (It's not actually DRM, it's an Anti-Tamper tool, tho' I have no clue what the difference is)

It is some shitty DRM, but this thing about it ruining SSDS is fear-mongering, a lot of people have

said that it totally tanks their CPU usage, some saying that the game is constantly using 75% on Core i5's.

It's super sad to see that publishers have to use this method to stem the tide of piracy, but on the other had, they

alienate soooooo many of their costumers, and make them not buy the game, because they are receiving an (often)

"broken" product, like with the old AC games that were Always Online.

"DRM" is an "anti-Buzz" word these days among gamers, and I hope that more companies will start doing the same thing

as CD Projekt RED have done for so long now.

That is possibly the second dumbest thing I've seen today. I guess that people who're too poor to get one and are envious of others have to find some way of coping, right?

No you have no clue. I already said multiple times I was wrong. So, you didn't read enough either.

The files from skidrow said crack in the description, but didn't include it. I'm not shitposting, I just didn't give enough of a fuck to actually want to pirate either of these games, as I don't want to play them ans even if I did I don't see why I would pirate them, and an upload from skidrow with 2000 seeds and crack listed was good enough for me I guess. Guess 2000 people are seeding a download with no crack...which is kinda retarded. 

I did look at how denuvo works. I doubt I could even crack it if I tried. Different than anything I've ever seen. 

And on it ruining ssds- some confirm it too. I see it as it just must be an issue only osme are running into, I doubt it's meant to work that way. See below

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Just checked this with CDI, my total host write is still the same after over an hour exploring in DA:I

amidoinitrite?

I'm really hearing mixed stuff on this. I see some people confirming this, and others saying there is no such problem. I'm thinking the crazy writes must be some kind of problem with validation or something. I would not imagine they intend to have it do that many writes on purpose. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Yeah, ignorance isn't really a good position to speak from. They add a hell of a lot more than you think. I enjoy having almost 0 load time in most things even with a shitty 10Mbps connection.

SSDs are always a wise investment to have, not just for gaming. But to some people on this site, they only think in "gaming" terms and not in "general" terms. 

My RAID 0 SSDs are perfect as scratch disks. Final Cut loves the speed afforded to it by a pair of drives that don't give a bottleneck when working with 4K files. Not to mention the general speed in doing, anything. 

The fact that I can load BF4 maps in a few seconds doesn't hurt either, of course. 

First of all, Denuvo is not DRM. It's there to prevent tampering with the game .exe file for purposes of multiplayer hacks etc. Second, it doesn't cause excessive amounts of reads/writes (not my image, taken from a thread on the official DA:I forums):

denuvo is really there for piracy protection, unless they are lying dicks

http://www.denuvo.com/

on thread: this news about DAI and denuvo killing ssd is spreading like wildfire, the following hits i got googling denuvo where about this

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here