Denuvo DRM DESTROYS SSD

ahhming

Saw this the other day, but decided against posting it due to not enough "proof" per se. Just some Russian website.

Anyone else with the game want to monitor their usage though? I mean, I'm not risking my 120GB drive and $60 on a potentially broken game.

no check the pirate bay i can't find any cracks for dragon age inquisition or lords of the fallen and don't trust anyone without a skull

Dude, I'm on the page right now. I might even download it to prove it.

Edit 

They said crack in the instrucitons, but included no crack 0.o skidrow I trusted you

Oh well it's day one. itll be cracked. No one cared about FIFA but DA is a big title. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Dude, I'm on the page right now. I might even download it to prove it.

Edit 

They said crack in the instrucitons, but included no crack 0.o skidrow I trusted you

if the uploader don't have green or purple skull it's most likely fake

if the uploader don't have green or purple skull it's most likely fake

It's not fake. it's an official  skidrow upload with no crack yet

Maybe I should crack my first game in a long while. I'm really good at this kinda thing. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

From the official denuvo website

What is the Denuvo Anti-Tamper solution?
Denuvo Anti-Tamper technology prevents the debugging, reverse engineering and changing of executable files to strengthen the security of games. It is not a DRM solution, but rather, Denuvo Anti-tamper protects DRM solutions, such as Origin Online Access or the Steam license management system, from being circumvented.

How does it work?
The license management from Steam or Origin grants legitimate consumers access to the game and our Anti-Tamper solution ensures that these DRM systems are not bypassed.

Do you have any negative impact on the game or customer experience?
No, since only performance non-critical game functions are used in the Anti-Tamper process, Anti-Tamper has no perceptible effect on game performance nor is Anti-Tamper to blame for any game crashes of genuine executables.

What is the difference between DRM and Anti-Tamper?
A Digital Rights Management (DRM) system binds the game to a legitimate user account and allows the game to be played whenever and wherever the consumer wants to download and execute the game. 
Anti-Tamper stops the reverse engineering and debugging of the DRM solution, but has no effect or limitation on the legitimate consumer. Anti-Tamper is completely transparent to legitimate game buyers and does not in any way impose activation limits, install drivers, or require a gamer to be "always on."

Does Denuvo Anti-Tamper constantly encrypt and decrypt data on storage media?
No, Denuvo Anti-Tamper does not continuously encrypt and decrypt any data on storage media. To do so would be of no benefit in terms of security or performance.

Does Denuvo Anti-Tamper affect my SSD or any other type of hard drives in any way?
No. As mentioned before, Denuvo Anti-Tamper does not constantly read or write any data to storage media.

Odd they mention that on such a short and detail free website. It's like half the site. Actually like 2 thirds.

muh specs 

All parts black

People were claiming this drm wasn't bypassed for more than a month...which is bullshit. IT was bypasssed, just no one wanted to play fifa 15 anyway. DAI was cracked immediately from skidrow and others. 

People would literally pay money to get a crack for fifa 15. So no, your argument that no one wanted to play fifa 15 is bullshit.

From the official denuvo website

Odd they mention that on such a short and detail free website. It's like half the site. Actually like 2 thirds.

"No, guys we don't do that that. Stop trying to crack our system by exploiting this fact because we definitely don't do that.

PS: Please don't sue us when you realize we do that thing we don't do."

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

People would literally pay money to get a crack for fifa 15. So no, your argument that no one wanted to play fifa 15 is bullshit.

Actually, I'm right. And I don't want to go into details on how I'm involved in this sort of thing, but believe me I know how it works. 

I never really heard anyone complain about it like I see with DAI now. I mean in a day I see more complaints about no DAI crack on the skidrow release than I see for this whole time for FIFA 15. Thing with FIFA is, it's a game you want to play online, not against bots. There's no campaign really as far as I know. Even normal games with good cracks normally don't work online unless someone makes a cracked server. My argument stands. More people actually buy FIFA, there is little demand for the crack. This is usually the deal with most sports games. 

Who the hell wants to play fifa offline? 

Now with DAI having this drm, I think well see a crack soon. Then again, I'm not sure because it sounds like this DRM works a lot differently than ones in the past,. at least ones I've run into, but the demand is more than there.

muh specs 

All parts black

Damn, I'm really glad I installed Lords of the Fallen on my HDD.  The game is good, but I can't even finish it with constant crashes so that game is getting uninstalled until they get their shit together.

The demand for da:i might seem high right now because it was just released, but i assure you it's literally a mere speck compared to fifa.

FIFA is a gaming franchise that has sold over 100 million copies while dragon age has only sold less than 10 million. On top of that football is the most popular sport in the world, saying that there is a higher demand for da:i is literally stupid.

Well FARK, I just installed Inquisition on said SSD. Going to try and transplant it to my HDD instead I guess...sigh

Honestly it's like every day brings a new chapter in the demise of AAA studios these days, it's damn depressing.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I'd like to see another source before I listen to all the witch hunting this DRM has recurved, because for all I know it's just filthy pirates trying to spread misinformation.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

The demand for da:i might seem high right now because it was just released, but i assure you it's literally a mere speck compared to fifa.

FIFA is a gaming franchise that has sold over 100 million copies while dragon age has only sold less than 10 million. On top of that football is the most popular sport in the world, saying that there is a higher demand for da:i is literally stupid.

You obviously didn't catch what I was saying. FIFA is a game that doesn't have much value to pirate as you can't play online with pirated versions typically. All you can do is play with AI. The same goes with a lot of sports games. DAI you get the whole game from pirating it. Even if it was cracked, most still would prefer the experience they would get by buying it. 

If an offline game can be pirated, hardcore pirates will refuse to buy it, hard to crack or not. It's a waste of money in their minds.

To top this off think of this: Why do people want FIFA 15 and now over 14? To play online with friends/compete and so on. If all they wanted was to play offline against AI, they can play an old version for now and they are only missing the incremental updates. Such is the nature of ports games. 

I'll put it this way: Say BF5 comes out (fuck hardline), and it has an equally challenging DRM. But if a popular single player game came out with the same DRM, like maybe mirrors edge 2, there would be more push to crack the single player one. Sure BF has tons more sales and has single player, but multiplayer is where the real game lies.  And doubly so with games like FIFA. And if you pirated Mirrors Edge 2, you get the whole thing. Pirates feel like they are wasting money if you can get the whole experience via pirating.  (I would never pirate that game, I've been foaming at the mouth for it for  a long time). So DAI takes the place of ME2 in my example. 

Don't argue me on this I just might be a purple skull

muh specs 

All parts black

Search TPB

Not really funny because EA defenders and EA themselves argue this extra DRM actually works. 

I don't know how they came to that conclusion when they are constantly posting figures arguing that piracy is on the increase.  I mean pardon me for being fuckin' dumb, but it's either one or the other isn't it?  How can piracy go up if DRM is effectively stopping it?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I don't know how they came to that conclusion when they are constantly posting figures arguing that piracy is on the increase.  I mean pardon me for being fuckin' dumb, but it's either one or the other isn't it?  How can piracy go up if DRM is effectively stopping it?

Well, I was wrong about Denuvo. I saw the skidrow files, that said crack , but the crack was not included. Denuvo is a unique DRM solution, and I guess it's so far not cracked.  I expect DAI to change this. 

I don't even know if I could crack it myself tbh, it seems totally new at first glance. 

The drm itself would stop me from buying DAI, or any game with it

I actually crack some singleplayer games I buy just to get around dealing with shitty drm. Sad day when I'm going back to that simply because the experience is better. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Well, I was wrong about Denuvo. I saw the skidrow files, that said crack , but the crack was not included. Denuvo is a unique DRM solution, and I guess it's so far not cracked.  I expect DAI to change this. 

I don't even know if I could crack it myself tbh, it seems totally new at first glance. 

The drm itself would stop me from buying DAI, or any game with it

I actually crack some singleplayer games I buy just to get around dealing with shitty drm. Sad day when I'm going back to that simply because the experience is better. 

Even if denuvu didn't exist, aren't they still claiming that DRM is reducing piracy while claiming it is on the rise?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

No one cared about FIFA but DA is a big title. 

Haha wow, FIFA is the 14th biggest video game franchise on the planet and has made the 100 million units club several times with its games, Dragon Age is a turd by the roadside compared to FIFA.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Haha wow, FIFA is the 14th biggest video game franchise on the planet and has made the 100 million units club several times with its games, Dragon Age is a turd by the roadside compared to FIFA.

Is no one listening to me?

You obviously didn't catch what I was saying. FIFA is a game that doesn't have much value to pirate as you can't play online with pirated versions typically. All you can do is play with AI. The same goes with a lot of sports games. DAI you get the whole game from pirating it. Even if it was cracked, most still would prefer the experience they would get by buying it. 

If an offline game can be pirated, hardcore pirates will refuse to buy it, hard to crack or not. It's a waste of money in their minds.

To top this off think of this: Why do people want FIFA 15 and now over 14? To play online with friends/compete and so on. If all they wanted was to play offline against AI, they can play an old version for now and they are only missing the incremental updates. Such is the nature of ports games. 

I'll put it this way: Say BF5 comes out (fuck hardline), and it has an equally challenging DRM. But if a popular single player game came out with the same DRM, like maybe mirrors edge 2, there would be more push to crack the single player one. Sure BF has tons more sales and has single player, but multiplayer is where the real game lies.  And doubly so with games like FIFA. And if you pirated Mirrors Edge 2, you get the whole thing. Pirates feel like they are wasting money if you can get the whole experience via pirating.  (I would never pirate that game, I've been foaming at the mouth for it for  a long time). So DAI takes the place of ME2 in my example. 

Don't argue me on this I just might be a purple skull

It has nothing to do with how popular the game is, rather to do with the fact you don't get online when you pirate a game typically.

I'm beginning to think no one on this forum understands why people pirate games. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Is no one listening to me?

It has nothing to do with how popular the game is, rather to do with the fact you don't get online when you pirate a game typically.

FIFA's main attraction is 2-player with 2 controllers which you can do on a pirated version.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

FIFA's main attraction is 2-player with 2 controllers which you can do on a pirated version.

I don't play fifa, but most I know play it online. But that makes sense. It does have a lot of chatter. But the DAI torrents and skidrow discussions have almost as much riffraff as fifa does in a matter of a few days. 

I do think the deal with FIFA 15 not being cracked ended EA up with a lot of extra sales. FIFA's fan base is really dedicated.

I doubt the same will happen with a singleplayer game like DAI. They don't really play with friends, therefore can wait. 

Off topic I do tend to ignore that there  are some PC games with 2+ players on one machine. As far as I know, most people play fifa on consoles anyway, but I have no number about this so I could be wrong. In fact, I know and have seen metric ass tons of console FIFA players but never see PC fifa players. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Ho ho ho, look yet another reason not to purchase these games.

Looks like EA is back on the digging race, doing their best to catch up to Ubisoft.

I find this hilarious, these last months have been the perfect time for EA to simply stay quiet and look as another company begins to sink itself, they could have used this for their own profit, instead they find another way to fuck their consumers.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

so you're both a fanboy of Bitfinex and FIFA as well?

SPAAAAAACE!!!

I'm not happy about it, but I just gave my little brother FIFA 15 for the 3DS for his birthday. I tried to talk him out of it, but, oh well. That DRM on pc is terrible though. I don't understand why you'd need that much disk activity to do DRM.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.