Looks like Dragon Age: Inquisition will be joining the list of uncracked (to date) PC games

Levent

I said Fifa 14. Just look at Denuvo's own website.

My bad, I failed to notice that.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just going to point out FIFA 15 HAS been cracked and is on "websites"...

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I'm getting it. Loved the series so far, and they've impressed me with every video they showed. If you know you would like this kind of game, buy it. It's really not that hard to see if this kind of game is your cup of tea. Hope the DRM doesn't mess up performance.

Just going to point out FIFA 15 HAS been cracked and is on "websites"...

This is erroneous, read the comments and the .nfo. (wait for crack).

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

This is erroneous, read the comments and the .nfo. (wait for crack).

I cant exactly link it here but I found a full cracked version.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

1. I was never interested in the Dragon Age franchise/series

2. The game is from EA and I refuse to use Origin, so yes some forms of DRM I do not want to use and therefore effect my purchasing decisions

3. Denuvo is from the exact same company behind SecuROM and I absolutely refuse to have any kind of draconian DRM like this on my system

I am against secondary/third party DRMs. Steam/Origin/Uplay being a storefront and DRM is fine, but adding in Uplay/GFWL/SecuROM/Denuvo on top of that which adds no significant benefit? No thanks. I can see the purpose in having Uplay/GFWL/R*SocialClub as secondary-optional "services" you can sign into so you can earn rewards(points, achievements, in-game items, etc.) with an account from their service, but the only game I've seen that has third party DRM as an option was Fallout 3 where you could sign into GFWL and earn achievements for your Xbox profile, it was a really great setup they had for that game.

Oh and there are cracks for Lords of the Fallen and FIFA15, I've played them, I know they are and can be cracked.

1. WTF is DRM?

2. Can I play the game in offline mode or will it be another annoying pain in the ass that requires being online?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Why even bother with Denuvo's 3rd-rate encryption for DRm? Just use AES 256. There's already dedicated hardware for it in most modern CPus. No performance loss.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

1. WTF is DRM?

2. Can I play the game in offline mode or will it be another annoying pain in the ass that requires being online?

Google is your friend, but even then it's a bit confusing.

DRM is Digital Rights Management. The name itself should give it away.

Think Games For Windows Live being the super annoying type and Steam being the less annoying type.

Why even bother with Denuvo's 3rd-rate encryption for DRm? Just use AES 256. There's already dedicated hardware for it in most modern CPus. No performance loss.

That's not how DRM works. Just encrypting the files would not stop anyone from distributing the files.

Think Games For Windows Live being the super annoying type and Steam being the less annoying type.

so.....offline mode, yes or no?

so.....offline mode, yes or no?

I've no idea since I don't own the game (waiting on Totalbiscuit's two cents) which is why I didn't give an answer for that :P

I've no idea since I don't own the game (waiting on Totalbiscuit's two cents) which is why I didn't give an answer for that :P

Ahh, good point.

^^ love steam game hour tracking, steam badges, steam achievements, only kind of DRM that is okay with me.

Main Rig: Cpu: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x @ 4.60Ghz 1.2V | Motherboard: ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA | RAM: 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2133Mhz | GPU: Powercolor RADEON RX6900XT Liquid Devil  | Case: XFORMA MBX MKII | Storage: Samsung 840 256GB/Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | PSU: Corsair Hx850i | Cooling: Custom loop with gentle typhoons | 

Not uncrackable. Both Lords Of The Fallen and Fifa 15 have been cracked. It's just taking longer to make cracks for them.

No they haven't the crams don't work

Edit cracks God dam auto correct

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

That's not how DRM works. Just encrypting the files would not stop anyone from distributing the files.

True, but it's the first step, and the most important.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

also i hope this gets cracked quickly if its as much of a resorce whore as people are claiming....i will not get this ive never been able to get into dragon age

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Punish the consumer, not the criminal it seems.

I feel like a weak DRM is just as effective as any number of strong ones, because pirates will be pirates, and consumers will avoid poorly run games.

They might prevent a good bit of piracy, but at the same time, they'll likely prevent a good chunk of sales if it doesn't run too well.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Valve doesn't use any more DRM than Steam for their games. Why do you need more than Origin, EA?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Will this put you off buying the game? 

Yes, because I won't buy it before I try it. I tried original Dragon Age, didn't interest me, but this looks interesting, a shame if I don't get the chance to try it out

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

If the DRM isn't affecting framerate, then it's all good.

although the gaming industry seems to only care about the first week(s) of sales. sigh.

SPAAAAAACE!!!

This DRM has since been cracked, and it's also deadly to SSDs. This DRM can actually damage your computer, hilarious.

Was thinking of posting a new thread about this finding but nah. Copypaste from another forum(FP):

"Resource monitors for RAM and CPU consumption numbers, memory viewer for trying to figure out what makes it tick and track address issues, SSD analysis tools for those delicious dead blocks and data tracking.
Wanna know average number of times parts of LotF exe code are fcked around between RAM and HDD in the span of one hour? 150000 copy/write iterations. That's about 10000 times more than usual. DRM constantly decrypts the game code into the memory and encrypts it back. This is the most bull**** usage of encryption software I've ever stumbled upon. And even though code chunks are quite small (couple of kilobytes per go at worst), they are all stored in one memory block. And playing the game for 4-8 hours(depends on SSD quality) means that you can say goodbye to that block."
Source: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index...5#post-3599880

So check your install folder for Origin games.
You might want to switch over to your hard disk drive with spinning iron plates instead of sacrificing the life of your solid state drive too early.
Denuvo is also used by "Lords of the Fallen" and FIFA 15 so far.
I think a lot of games will follow.
Actually, this would be a good time for crackers to circumvent this protection method since Denuvo will actively destroy hardware over time.
I am waiting for the first complaints and lawsuits due to destroyed hardware caused by Denuvo. Sony should probably put some money on the side for those lawsuits.
Source: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index...5#post-3599880

For anyone that isn't following this thing, Denuvo is a DRM that encrypts and decrypts itself while you play the game so it's extremely difficult to crack. If these numbers are true, SSD users are fucked and it isn't doing anyone any favors with their normal hard drives.

New information has come out

From a russian forum:
"The game's read\write operations per 40 minutes resulted in 30 GB of data processed. The number of operations done is insane.
SSD's wear level hasn't changed though, however, the load is EXTREMELY high, so after, say, 100 hours of gameplay memory blocks will definitely start to wear down."
Screenshot before/after:
i9.pixs.ru/storage/5/1/2/855315e479_7456270_14771512.png

Games that use Denuvo
Dragon Age Inquisition
Lords of the Fallen
FIFA 15

Let's hope the list doesn't grow any longer.