Looks like Dragon Age: Inquisition will be joining the list of uncracked (to date) PC games

Levent

It has surfaced by means of the Origin preload EULA from EA that this game will be using the new Denuvo DRM which to date following its use on the titles Fifa 15 and Lords of the Fallen has yet to be cracked for PC.

Wondering how the forum feels about this, it's good for the developer because it stops piracy, but is it bad for the consumer? I have read numerous reports of performance issues possibly caused by this DRM in Lords of the Fallen that may or may not be due to it.

Will this put you off buying the game? I'm waiting for the post launch, to see the WTF IS and to see if any performance/running problems emerge, if not I'll probably buy it as I planned to anyway.

Source

5cdd167cf4cd6fb1fd25be949414b597.png

I've read people stating on this forum and others that these two titles (FIFA 15/LoTF) are cracked and available for download on pirate sites, this is false and if you think this you don't know what you are doing on such sites.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

And according to reports of users who got access to the game already, since it's unlocked in many regions right now, it runs like complete ass.

Punishing consumers with some stupid shitty DRM.

They'll end up losing sales for it.

Main reason the other Denuvo games haven't been cracked is because crackers don't have much interest in them to bother.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Welp thanks to that DRM i didn't buy Lords of the fallen because a lot of people seem to have bugs and issues...i was really hyped for it, gonna wait for patches..

and imo this is good for anti-piracy but hope they fix the performance issues and bugs that it causes for games.

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Playing it right now, i'm very pleased with the performance.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Steam sale is the best compromise between buying the game and cracking it.

This is an EA game.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Like many people said here, there's no such thing as uncrackable! There's always someone who'll crack it :D

As long as it doesn't negatively impact the user experience I would be fine with it. I'll reserve judgement on possible performance degradation by DRM until a reputable publication like PCPer gives it a performance analysis.

Some have said that no DRM is uncrackable. That is true. But if they can have the game be uncrackable for the even the first few weeks then that is what matters as the overwhelming majority of sales are in the first few weeks.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Like many people said here, there's no such thing as uncrackable! There's always someone who'll crack it :D

True and people posting topics calling these games "uncrackable" is like challenging hackers lol

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

True and people posting topics calling these games "uncrackable" is like challenging hackers lol

Title says (to date).

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Title says (to date).

You used the wrong word. It should be uncracked instead of uncrackable.

Then let's post a metric ton of these topics so they would crack more of them :P

You used the wrong word. It should be uncracked instead of uncrackable.

Fair comment, edited.

Good news!

Down with the pirates!

More like down with the paying consumers!

Pirates dont have to deal with DRMs ... they just crack the game and good bye DRM! While paying customer has always DRM on ... it is bullshit!

I found this about Denuvo DRM ... is this true? Can anyone confirm it or the other way around?

"Resource monitors for RAM and CPU consumption numbers, memory viewer for trying to figure out what makes it tick and track address issues, SSD analysis tools for those delicious dead blocks and data tracking
Wanna know average number of times parts of LotF exe code are fucked around between RAM and HDD in the span of one hour? 150000 copy/write iterations. That's about 10000 times more than usual. DRM constantly decrypts the game code into the memory and encrypts it back. This is the most bullshit usage of encryption software I've ever stumbled upon. And even though code chunks are quite small(couple of kilobytes per go at worst), they are all stored in one memory block. And playing the game for 4-8 hours(depends on SSD quality) means that you can say goodbye to that block."

I won't be buying it until it goes on sale for cheap in a year or two so hopefully any DRM issues will be solved. I guess only time will tell.

This is an EA game.

Good point, but i was just generally speaking.

who cares...

It has surfaced by means of the Origin preload EULA from EA that this game will be using the new Denuvo DRM which to date following its use on the titles Fifa 15 and Lords of the Fallen has yet to be cracked for PC.

But even Denuvo's own website says that Fifa 14 used Denuvo and it was cracked after 46 days. You even linked to it in the OP a bit later. I would be surprised if the other games (FIFA 15, new Dragon Age etc) remained uncracked forever. They will probably be cracked sooner or later.

Wondering how the forum feels about this, it's good for the developer because it stops piracy, but is it bad for the consumer? I have read numerous reports of performance issues possibly caused by this DRM in Lords of the Fallen that may or may not be due to it.

Well I don't think DRM stops piracy so I think this is simply bad for consumers. I wish more companies would do like Project CD Red and just release their games without any DRM.

Will this put you off buying the game?

Not really. I am used to DRM and since everyone does it I don't really see it as a reason not to buy a game (unless the DRM is really bad). I wasn't planning on buying Dragon Age so it doesn't really affect my decision.

It doesn't encourage me to buy the game though. Not having DRM was one of the big reasons why I bought The Witcher 3 actually. Because I think they are doing the right things and want to support them.

DRM = indifferent unless something really bad about it (for example always online).

No DRM = More likely to buy the game.

As long as it doesn't negatively impact the user experience I would be fine with it.

DRM will always, always, ALWAYS have some negative impact on the user experience. There is never a scenario where having DRM is better than not having DRM for the user. The only thing that changes is how much of a bad impact the DRM has on the user. Some are worse than others but they are all bad.

I found this about Denuvo DRM ... is this true? Can anyone confirm it or the other way around?

Sounds like a story planted to encourage cracking / piracy.

But even Denuvo's own website says that Fifa 14 used Denuvo and it was cracked after 46 days. You even linked to it in the OP a bit later. I would be surprised if the other games (FIFA 15, new Dragon Age etc) remained uncracked forever. They will probably be cracked sooner or later.

I've seen no evidence that their statement is correct, I have seen no scene releases of Fifa 15 on PC, I see it for Xbox 360 PS3 and Android, but not PC.

I'd like to know the actual answer to this anomaly.

I misread something.

I've seen no evidence that their statement is correct, I have seen no scene releases of Fifa 15 on PC, I see it for Xbox 360 PS3 and Android, but not PC.

I'd like to know the actual answer to this anomaly.

I said Fifa 14. Just look at Denuvo's own website.

46 days - That's how long the latest Denuvo-protected EA game (FIFA 14) lasted before being cracked.