Looks like Dragon Age: Inquisition will be joining the list of uncracked (to date) PC games

Levent

Looks like a fun game, shame I'm going to have to pirate it to avoid issues with the DRM. I'll buy it when EA/Bioware fixes the issue.

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

In case the read/write amount (above) is correct...

The art of the universe is leaning toward SSD.... EA is trying to destroy SSDs...... well, maybe not too widespread of a problem now, good luck dealing with it when HDD turns into storage-only drives.

But by the look of this... that means the DRM will be stressing the system's resources at an extreme rate, which means there's a possible impact on the total lifespan if you happen to love the game to the death (of your hardware).

Maybe it's effective to reduce initial piracy, I won't say it's a bad thing, but it's totally bad for consumers, especially your average gamers when the impacts are that high. Meanwhile, as other replies said, yes, pirates will be having fun a while later without any of those worries, good purpose, but bad implementation.

there is no such thing as uncrackable

Yeah there is, Football Manager 2014 (which is a series in super high demand) still hasn't been cracked properly a full year after release because everyone gave up (the cracked version inevitably crashes after a certain in-game time passes) and it nearly brought one particular cracking group to the brink of disbanding due to internal drama, overworking etc.

With infinite resources, sure, nothing is uncrackable, but for a group of 4-5 amateurs there certainly are games that are.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

This is a good thing imo

Not if it destroys your SSD/HDD like @Mattk50 said. But I seriously doubt it's true. 

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

People keep saying this is a good thing, this is NOT a good thing.

DRM is just a nuisance, another added barrier when it comes to something good like the release of a new game for example.

DRM causes problems on the person who has actually bought the game... how? Because DRM doesn't work, requires the game to be connected to the internet in order for it to work, can cause in game bugs due to trying to implement its bull in parts of the game to stop pirates but in turn ends up screwing over the legitimate user and at the end of the day the pirate is only getting a minor inconvenience for "x amount of time" until it gets cracked then that pirate can play the game until their hearts content. Meanwhile the person who has legitimately bought the game is still being screwed over by a broken DRM system.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

44316151.jpg

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I'm waiting for the post launch, to see the WTF IS and to see if any performance/running problems emerge, if not I'll probably buy it as I planned to anyway.

This is what everyone should be doing with every game anyway.

It just depends on how intrusive the DRM is for paying customers, which is a big question at the moment. Lords of the Fallen seems to have had problems, and I doubt DRM accounts for all of them.

Can't wait until we have Graphene SSDs that never wear out, or those liquid state drives that can house 100TB in a tablespoon.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I already got mine and I notice cpu/ram usage is rather high compared to say BF4. I dont know if performance has been impaired by the DRM, but I actually found an issue with resolution settings. Whichever res I chose, there is nothing changed. I think this might be more of a driver issue than DRM, but idk. Waiting for Nvidia to patch this up.

And to those saying FIFA 15/LOTF have been cracked, afaik they haven't. A lot of those self-proclaimed working crack (at least those I found and tried) don't work. Give them time though, they will eventually crack it.

Yeah there is, Football Manager 2014 (which is a series in super high demand) still hasn't been cracked properly a full year after release because everyone gave up (the cracked version inevitably crashes after a certain in-game time passes) and it nearly brought one particular cracking group to the brink of disbanding due to internal drama, overworking etc.

With infinite resources, sure, nothing is uncrackable, but for a group of 4-5 amateurs there certainly are games that are.

That still doesn't means it's uncrackeable, it just means there isn't enough interest on the game. There are tons of games that never get cracked and some are as simple as steam as DRM simply because nobody cares. I'm sure some people care about football manager 2014, but after a couple weeks, better and/or more popular games come, not to mention I'm pretty sure I've seen it on sale on Steam so that works against a crack: "5 bucks now? Yeah forget that crack let's just buy it"

But again, even assuming it's impossible to crack people have use things like review samples or an *.exe from the demo to beat DRM. Even always-online schemes can be defeated with dummy servers and such. Does that justify including malware on the product or things that can potentially damage hardware? The answer from anyone who can consider himself a gamer should be fuck no.

-------

Current Rig

-------

It has surfaced by means of the Origin preload EULA from EA that this game will be using the new Denuvo DRM which to date following its use on the titles Fifa 15 and Lords of the Fallen has yet to be cracked for PC.

I don't know about Fifa, but Lords of the Fallen has had working versions on TPB for some time now.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

I don't know about Fifa, but Lords of the Fallen has had working versions on TPB for some time now.

No it hasn't, they are fake/crackless uploads from noskulls, take a minute to read the comments before you take it as working.

If a crack exists it is being kept to the circle of those who created it for the time being.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

That still doesn't means it's uncrackeable, it just means there isn't enough interest on the game.

Football Manager is THE highest grossing sports game on the planet after FIFA.

So no, that is simply garbage. They couldn't crack it because they weren't able to, short and simple. If they could, with the resources at hand, they would. But they had some very public fallout (Skidrow) over this game and members leaving. This game actually beat all the people trying to crack it into a pulp.

I am not excusing shitty DRM by the way. I am simply referencing a prior event in which none of the big cracking groups were able to do a damn thing about a game whilst throwing everything they had at it, making other game releases for 3+ months suffer as a result.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

No it hasn't, they are fake/crackless uploads from noskulls, take a minute to read the comments before you take it as working

I take torrents as working by trying them.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

This DRM has since been cracked, and it's also deadly to SSDs. This DRM can actually damage your computer, hilarious.

Was thinking of posting a new thread about this finding but nah. Copypaste from another forum(FP):

So is there any other evidence outside of that one Russian post? Pretty much everything I've seen talking about Denuvo's problems links back to that, I haven't seen other people take the time to actually run their own tests to find out. Beyond that I think professionals that fully understand the effect this would have on SSD's need to get involved in the discussion to see how bad it really is if it's true.

Anything that hurts the paying consumer is not good. Frankly I agree with Gopher who says the best way to stop piracy is to make buying the game easier than Pirating it. Honestly I used to buy the game and then crack it so I could play more than one game without switching CDs. Now I can just get a digital download. (Skip to 10:22)

People seem to forget this can also have a negative effect on HDDs too. If the disk is constantly rewriting encrypted information to the same sectors, that heat is going to build up and raise the entropy of the system. The fastest way to kill an HDD via conventional use is invalidate a single sector. Especially with HAMR tech coming, DRM done irresponsibly like this is going to cause rapid drive failures. It would be one thing if this kept changing which sectors or blocks were being written to, but the effort for that isn't even given...

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I won't be buying it until it goes on sale for cheap in a year or two so hopefully any DRM issues will be solved. I guess only time will tell.

It's EA.  Origin hardly ever goes on sale, and if it does it regularly sticks to 25% off.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

It's EA.  Origin hardly ever goes on sale, and if it does it regularly sticks to 25% off.

That's why you look on places like Amazon or Green Man Gaming. Same goes for games on Steam. In most cases you will find better prices from other sources (legit ones not grey market, though that's an option too). Though you can also use Origin's Mexican site to get the standard game for $39.99 or the DDE for $44.99 right now.