Creative Pebble v2 speakers (connected with 3.5mm extension cable) making crackling noises especially when playing youtube videos. HELP PLEASE.

Mahbub

Ok, so this is my desk setup for coding. I have two computers, one on the right side and another mini PC on the right. I needed a way to switch audio between the two so I came up with this (in picture). I connected  3.5mm extensions to both the PCs and ran it under the table clubbed with the 3.5mm wire from the speaker. Now when I need to connect the speaker, I just plug it into the 3.5mm extension from the PC I wanna work on. The problem is that when I use these extension cables the speaker makes crackling noises when playing YouTube or games or any sound, this doesn't happen when I plug in directly. The extension cables are from cable creation so they are high quality. What's the issue then? it's driving me crazy, I know I can get a 3.5mm switcher but those are expensive here, I have tried switching the power source, tweaking in the Realtek audio software, removing audio drivers, and updating bios but nothing helps except plugging directly which I cant because then I cant switch audio easily, HELP PLEASE.

20240513_233303.jpg

20240513_233353.jpg

20240513_233423.jpg

Are you using Wifi or BT for anything? 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

4 minutes ago, OddOod said:

Are you using Wifi or BT for anything? 

wifi, not blutooth, but even on wifi directly connecting makes it sound crystal clear, but the extension cable makes the sound crackle, even tho it's a high-quality one. I have switched extension cables, same.. its driving me nuts I am thinking to buy pebble pro , it has aux input and not a fixed aux cable, so I wont need any extension, but then why are these speakers doing this noise wich even good extension cable.

Because the extension is acting as an antenna. It sucks, but that's pretty likely the cause. 

You could use a KVM and if the audio switching still had crackling try a USB DAC. 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

10 minutes ago, OddOod said:

Because the extension is acting as an antenna. It sucks, but that's pretty likely the cause. 

You could use a KVM and if the audio switching still had crackling try a USB DAC. 

I am not finding audio kvm here.. all of kvms here are those hdmi etc ones..  should i try a shorter extension? Since i am using a 6 meter extension which is much longer than i need.

No clue where you are, but even my Monoprice KVM does audio. I don't use it, I just use one of the spare USBs to handle my DAC

You might find that a shorter cable will level out the picked up signals, but it's possible that the ADC in these cheapo speakers is ultimately to blame

4 minutes ago, OddOod said:

No clue where you are, but even my Monoprice KVM does audio. I don't use it, I just use one of the spare USBs to handle my DAC

You might find that a shorter cable will level out the picked up signals, but it's possible that the ADC in these cheapo speakers is ultimately to blame

So like if i use usb to dac and then connect the extension cable to rhat and do the switching thing everything will be fine? Like just adding the usb dac/soundcard between the 3.5 extension and pc will make thus crackling go away?

https://www.amazon.in/Creative-Sound-Blaster-PLAY-External/dp/B08T9LM3LM?th=1&psc=1

Something like this u mean?

1 minute ago, Mahbub said:

So like if i use usb to dac and then connect the extension cable to rhat and do the switching thing everything will be fine? Like just adding the usb dac/soundcard between the 3.5 extension and pc will make thus crackling go away?

Maybe. The speakers clearly do not have a good hi/lo pass filter and eventually any cable is gonna be picking up signals.

6 minutes ago, OddOod said:

Maybe. The speakers clearly do not have a good hi/lo pass filter and eventually any cable is gonna be picking up signals.

Ok but these usb dac aren't they meant for headphone? What fo u recommend? Should i try a usb dac with these speakers or get the pebble pro which has a non attached 3.5 mm jack so i can use single wire from both pc to speaker thereby eliminating need for extension.

I'm not really the guy to ask for advice on what to buy viz speakers. It sounded like you aren't in the US so I don't know what you have available and no clue on your budget.
Best I can say is that you're unlikely to fully solve the problem as long as you're using 3.5mm connections on cheap speakers. Sorry. 
Is it possible to hardline ethernet to both computers? either two cables or just one with a switch?