NES build 1985-2015 30TH anniversary " NES 3.0"(completed final pics!)

ungreedy

New HDD is on its way,got the fast shipping .hope its here before Christmas.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145875&cm_re=1tb_7200rpm_hgst-_-22-145-875-_-Product

Hmm, are you sure about getting a Drive that is not from a big drive company?

Travelstar IS a big company?

At first I was not sure about hgst drive,but after doing research and reading reviews/customer reviews I fell pretty confident with my decision .hgst is know for making enterprise quality drive,and just not that long ago western digital bought hgst.so pretty much a WD.

The reason I chose this drive was 1tb of storage ,7200 rpm at only 9.5mm thick and the price was right.

Travelstar IS a big company?

I have heard of them once before. 

I am still a noob plz don't be angry

At first I was not sure about hgst drive,but after doing research and reading reviews/customer reviews I fell pretty confident with my decision .hgst is know for making enterprise quality drive,and just not that long ago western digital bought hgst.so pretty much a WD.

The reason I chose this drive was 1tb of storage ,7200 rpm at only 9.5mm thick and the price was right.

Ok. I am not judging you.

In other news, this NES is waaay more powerful in every way than my computer. I never thought i would ever say " a console is better than my computer" but there you have it

I have heard of them once before. 

I am still a noob plz don't be angry

Rawr, y u no kno?

Ok. I am not judging you.

In other news, this NES is waaay more powerful in every way than my computer. I never thought i would ever say " a console is better than my computer" but there you have it

Not a judging bone in my body,just was explaining why I chose that certain drive.

Thanks,trying my best to pack as much punch I possibly can in this lil' sucker!

this log is so friggin awesome can't wait to see the finished result.

Resolution is a word. 5 is a number.

Not a judging bone in my body,just was explaining why I chose that certain drive.

Thanks,trying my best to pack as much punch I possibly can in this lil' sucker!

Didn't Hitachi make travelstars?

bad news no time for modding tonight I must work another Sunday...YIKES. :( .Its ok tho helps with the Holidays and having a great Christmas for my kids "they are absolutely spoiled" I think to myself and would not want it any other way!

next weekend tho I promise that dremel will be used. :angry:

also my new HDD will be here Christmas Eve eve

would a 200W pico run a 750ti and overclock one of those G3258?

I personally could not tell you,I only have experience with the 160xt and I can overclock the g3255 to 4.0.. Durning my PSU researh I found that the pico 160xt is leaps and bounds ahead of the comp for dependability and reliability. I hope this helps you.

I personally could not tell you,I only have experience with the 160xt and I can overclock the g3255 to 4.0.. Durning my PSU researh I found that the pico 160xt is leaps and bounds ahead of the comp for dependability and reliability. I hope this helps you.

Thanks. Yes this helps a fair amount. if a 160 is enough, I am sure that a 200 would be fine.

you did notice I am running a gtx 750ti also?I should of mentioned that.

I did notice. =) i am working on a super secret similar build right now. If it goes as planned it is going to be EPIC.

So close to being finished. :)

yep getting there for sure,still have a bunch of small details to work out.It is awesome to have every major part now.hope I can get some time to myself soon to work on it now!

ok on the NES now and what a breath of fresh air it is to use now. :D

all drivers are installed and every things runs so much smoother .that old HDD used to make every program lag so bad .night and day difference.

going to try out some SKYRIM!!

-snip-

You have the only NES on LTT that can run Skyrim.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Awww, I wish I had your download speeds. Mine are like 3-4MB/s. Do you have a data cap?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)