NES build 1985-2015 30TH anniversary " NES 3.0"(completed final pics!)

ungreedy

Thanks,

getting there for sure!

That's good. My ideas for my old parts being in an 360 are most likely gone. A friend of mine's home burnt down so I'm giving them to him. He lost literally everything except a Pokemon Alpha Sapphire with his GPU (660ti) and HDD might being alive still. :(

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

all right I can really vouch for that heatsink now. The thermal compound must of cured a bit since last night or some other voodoo magic.doing prime95 stress runs today and the highest temp I seen was 61c .That is a 10 degree drop at load! room temp is the same as last night. pretty quiet also.

great sink for only 45mm height 

so this guy gets my stamp of approval for sure!

link here for more info - http://www.idcooling.com/Product/detail/id/21/name/IS-40

That's good. My ideas for my old parts being in an 360 are most likely gone. A friend of mine's home burnt down so I'm giving them to him. He lost literally everything except a Pokemon Alpha Sapphire with his GPU (660ti) and HDD might being alive still. :(

sorry to hear about your friend ,I hope ever got out of there safely. that also sucks so bad right before X-mas.

sorry to hear about your friend ,I hope ever got out of there safely. that also sucks so bad right before X-mas.

Yeah, everyone is fine, but they don't know about the cat. :( One car survived since they were able to pull it out of the garage in time.. Wish it was their truck and the van didn't since the truck had most of the equipment for the place his dad owns.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Yeah, everyone is fine, but they don't know about the cat. :( One car survived since they were able to pull it out of the garage in time.. Wish it was their truck and the van didn't since the truck had most of the equipment for the place his dad owns.

That is good ,hope the cat turns up. hopefully there friends/family and community can come together and still make a decent Christmas for them.

That is good ,hope the cat turns up. hopefully there friends/family and community can come together and still make a decent Christmas for them.

They're doing fundraisers and are giving them stuff we're giving them stuff they lost along with a bunch of other friends. :)

Spoiler

Spoiler

How tall is the GPU & Mobo when everything is hooked up? And how high are the motherboard standoffs? I'd measure it myself but I don't have a low-profile GPU and a spare mobo sat around for it

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

How tall is the GPU & Mobo when everything is hooked up? And how high are the motherboard standoffs? I'd measure it myself but I don't have a low-profile GPU and a spare mobo sat around for it

why you planing a sff build?

let me look for my ruler ,would gladly give you the height dimensions :) 

why you planing a sff build?

let me look for my ruler ,would gladly give you the height dimensions :)

Well, I might be looking into doing something similar in an original Xbox, but there's a lot stopping me at the minute, but there's no harm in looking, though.

And thanks!

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

I can't find my ruler right now ,but I know the whole package standoffs/motherboard/gpu sits at about 74mm high .I'll get you more accurate measurements tomorrow .

kinda disorganized right now setting up my Daughter's Birthday Party!

Well, I might be looking into doing something similar in an original Xbox, but there's a lot stopping me at the minute, but there's no harm in looking, though.

And thanks!

I know you would have the room in the xbox for sure I have a couple of them and they are huge ,I wish i liked that console or I would do a build in one of them.

I grew up on nintendo , as I was born in the 80's so a lot of nostalgia with this build for me !

edit

PS 

this does not look like a big difference but it is huge

xbox dimensions 12.5 × 4 × 10.5 in

nes  dimensions   3.5 x 10 x 8 in

I know you would have the room in the xbox for sure I have a couple of them and they are huge ,I wish i liked that console or I would do a build in one of them.

I grew up on nintendo , as I was born in the 80's so a lot of nostalgia with this build for me !

I've got two of them, one crystal one original and both in perfect working order so it'll pain me to gut it.

Though I did pull one apart, roughly 290x210 but I didn't measure the height, I'd guess just under 80mm from the lowest part of the base but there's actually a surprising amount of room in there.

I can't find my ruler right now ,but I know the whole package standoffs/motherboard/gpu sits at about 74mm high .I'll get you more accurate measurements tomorrow .

kinda disorganized right now setting up my Daughter's Birthday Party!

Thanks, hope you've got a good party ready for her!

Have you seen the new mini 970 gigabyte is making? Might make a nes into a real powerhouse

I am the one who goes bump in the night... usually making a sandwich.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo White - Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe - CPU: Intel i7 5820k - RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz ddr4 - GPU: Dual EVGA gtx 980 SSC - PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 750w - Cooler: Custom PETG Loop on cpu and gpus - Storage: 500gb Samsung 850 evo ssd, 2x Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 3tb hdd

Have you seen the new mini 970 gigabyte is making? Might make a nes into a real powerhouse

im not sure if his power solution would handle a 970.

the psu would not,and with just a g3258 the PC would be out of balance with such a powerful GPU.tho in the future I would love to do another nes and make it a powerhouse from the ground up!

And thanks!

I was going to do that with my old parts.. Page 13 here tells why I'm not going to besides the whole no money part.

Spoiler

Spoiler

My life is so busy lately no time for modding:( working 7 days a week 10 hours day really sucks the life out of you.

I should get a break this weekend and i Would like to work on my side vent for my GPU this Saturday night!

Yeah might need to get creative with power and cooling but a nes with a x99 board and 970 would be crazy awesome

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo White - Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe - CPU: Intel i7 5820k - RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz ddr4 - GPU: Dual EVGA gtx 980 SSC - PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 750w - Cooler: Custom PETG Loop on cpu and gpus - Storage: 500gb Samsung 850 evo ssd, 2x Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 3tb hdd

Yeah might need to get creative with power and cooling but a nes with a x99 board and 970 would be crazy awesome

my idea is to take two Nintendo's and make them in to one system!

my idea is to take two Nintendo's and make them in to one system!

I shall call it SUPER NES... oh wait that name has been used >.>

I shall call it SUPER NES... oh wait that name has been used >.>

no name for it yet ,but i only need one more nintendo .might make the case for fun this summer!

this will be the last time I post about this super secret project ,until I start it  :)

I was going to do that with my old parts.. Page 13 here tells why I'm not going to besides the whole no money part.

You might as well go for it, there is a lot more room inside an Xbox vs a NES and it's a really easy console to tear down. Hell, looking at it there might be enough room for a 1U PSU and a 970/980, but then cooling the CPU will be the biggest issue.

I did not forget about you ,just real busy.I'll get you those measurements as soon as I can.