NES build 1985-2015 30TH anniversary " NES 3.0"(completed final pics!)

ungreedy

Best logo ever :))

*insert "that's good.That's damn good!" gif here*

thats-good.gif

Insert: shuddup and take my money!

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

My new CPU cooler is finally in the US.should get it this week!after that I can start figuring out where to mount my hard drive/s.

Never thought of the HDD, might need to use a little 2.5" laptop HDD. Hmmm....

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

laptop drives are a must,thinking about a 750gb 7200rpm for games and a msata for OS or just 2 2.5" drives.see how it goes.going to get the 750gb soon tho see how I like just the one drive.

laptop drives are a must,thinking about a 750gb 7200rpm for games and a msata for OS or just 2 2.5" drives.see how it goes.going to get the 750gb soon tho see how I like just the one drive.

Ah. Hold it in place with double-sided tape? It shouldn't make much vibration. :D

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Ooh. Ideally there would be an m.2 slot on the m-itx board.

would use the mpcie slot but is being used by my WiFi,trying to find some thing that could splits up the mpcie so I could use a WiFi and m2 ssd in the same slot but I don't think exists

You could try for a USB wifi dongle.

would use the mpcie slot but is being used by my WiFi,trying to find some thing that could splits up the mpcie so I could use a WiFi and m2 ssd in the same slot but I don't think exists

Play the greatest game ever. TF2. http://www.teamfortress.com/

http://amfeltec.com/products/flexible-minipci-express-2-way-splitter/

Maybe this? You could just fold it up and tuck it away I guess.

You need to e-mail them and mention the SKU and they will give you a price I think.

that's pretty cool but I was thinking more just a PCB that would split up from the board kinda side by side with out use of a ribbon cable. Also if I do go msata ssd I can just get a sata to msata cable.I still think just one 750gb w might be fine I can use my media server for movies/music to stream to the nes. Save me some money also on the build .

My new CPU cooler is finally in the US.should get it this week!after that I can start figuring out where to mount my hard drive/s.

I think a hybrid drive could be a good idea. I seen a Toshiba 500GB for $54 and a Seagate for $85. If your budget can fit them. Both are 2.5 inch drives.

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Corsair 200R Front Bezel Mod

I think a hybrid drive could be a good idea. I seen a Toshiba 500GB for $54 and a Seagate for $85. If your budget can fit them. Both are 2.5 inch drives.

I don't trust those hybrid drives yet. I looked at the issues people have with them on newegg and don't want the headache 

I'll just get a HDD or a HDD and ssd combo.

dayum. 

-no further comment-

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

so I got my new cooler after to weeks of waiting and guess what its the wrong color. Now I have this nice BROWN cooler instead of BLACK .I am still going to use it but makes me a little sad.trying to deal with the seller now to see if I can get the right color fan sent to me,as I am not going thru the hassle of sending it back.

hope i have time to do some thermal testing tonight!

IMG_20141210_1704332_zpsvxy5h17j.jpg

IMG_20141210_170631_zps3g2mh8ma.jpg

IMG_20141210_170717_zpsk0fi1hka.jpg

IMG_20141210_1710012_zpsoretizpq.jpg

so I got my new cooler after to weeks of waiting and guess what it the wrong color. Now I have this nice BROWN cooler instead of BLACK .I am still going to use it but makes my a little mad.trying to deal with the seller now see if I can get the right color fan sent to me,as I am not going thru the hassle of sending it back.

hope i have time to do some thermal testing tonight!

-snipped-

Eh, not like you're going to stick a window on top of the NES... :P

Spoiler

Spoiler

Eh, not like you're going to stick a window on top of the NES... :P

I know, but I am trying to get this lil' beast to be one of the best looking and functional nes builds .even if I can't see the inside it ,it will still bother me a bit lol.

Not trying to be picky.

I know, but I am trying to get this lil' beast to be one of the best looking and functional nes builds ever.even if I can't see the inside it ,it will still bother me a bit lol.

Not trying to be picky.

Eh, at least it isn't a brown that pops out like crazy and is even more subtle.. That sentence may be a little hypocritical on my end as I like the colors of the old and new Noctuas. :P

Spoiler

Spoiler

Eh, at least it isn't a brown that pops out like crazy and is even more subtle.. That sentence may be a little hypocritical on my end as I like the colors of the old and new Noctuas. :P

it is not a horrible brown at all,but will be black by the time I finish paint the nes.

Maybe I'll get lucky and the will just send me the fan! No way I am sending back to China lol.

All installed and seems OK ,temps dropped 2c idle and 6c load.temps now are idle 30c and load 64c @4.0ghz prime95.if I am lucky might get a degree or 2 when thermal paste cures *only had artic5 around the house*

IMG_20141210_1855472_zpsdtzhl2bx.jpgIMG_20141210_1914342_zpsl0bcqsjg.jpg

All installed and seems OK ,temps dropped 2c idle and 6c load.temps now are idle 30c and load 64c @4.0ghz prime95.if I am lucky might get a degree or 2 when thermal paste cures *only had artic5 around the house

It's looking great! ... but yeah would look better with a black fan. I have no need for a PC like this but I want to build one now just for the fun of it. Maybe next year and then gift it to a friend or something

I am the one who goes bump in the night... usually making a sandwich.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo White - Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe - CPU: Intel i7 5820k - RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz ddr4 - GPU: Dual EVGA gtx 980 SSC - PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 750w - Cooler: Custom PETG Loop on cpu and gpus - Storage: 500gb Samsung 850 evo ssd, 2x Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 3tb hdd

It's looking great! ... but yeah would look better with a black fan. I have no need for a PC like this but I want to build one now just for the fun of it. Maybe next year and then gift it to a friend or something

Thanks!

This is being purpose built as I hate my wdtv and would like to play games with kids and just play games when they sleep on my tv, so a gaming HTPC. 

This is has been a real fun project so far and not that hard on the wallet to my surprise.

also I like your profile pic do you have a M?

Thanks!

This is being purpose built as I hate my wdtv and would like to play games with kids and just play games when they sleep on my tv, so a gaming HTPC. 

This is has been a real fun project so far and not that hard on the wallet to my surprise.

also I like your profile pic do you have a M?

I wish I had an M I've got an e30 325i but you can always dare to dream

I think I might try and talk my buddy into paying for half and giving him the system I just like to tinker

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo White - Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe - CPU: Intel i7 5820k - RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz ddr4 - GPU: Dual EVGA gtx 980 SSC - PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 750w - Cooler: Custom PETG Loop on cpu and gpus - Storage: 500gb Samsung 850 evo ssd, 2x Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 3tb hdd

I wish I had an M I've got an e30 325i but you can always dare to dream

I think I might try and talk my buddy into paying for half and giving him the system I just like to tinker

had a 97 m3 for 7 years sold it 2 years ago and I still miss that car.

I here you about tinkering as soon a some electronic things breaks in the house ,I go grab my soldering iron and pull it apart...and sometimes fix it!

link to my old car http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/ungreedy/media/IMAG0478_zps5701c889.jpg.html

had a 97 m3 for 7 years sold it 2 years ago and I still miss that car,its something you can't understand unless you own one before.

I here you about tinkering as soon a some electronic things breaks in the house ,I go grab my soldering iron and pull it apart...and sometimes fix it!

link to my old car http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/ungreedy/media/IMAG0478_zps5701c889.jpg.html

I'm not a huge fan of the front end on the e36 model but I hear they go like stink and handle pretty well to boot. 

In the past week I've re organized some of my cable inside my case and run 50ft ethernet and hdmi cables from my entertainment center to my desk so I can now play games in my flat screen tv and chill on the couch. Next is rewiring the back of my desk so the cables aren't all a mess (laptop + stand, monitor, xbox 360, pc) = lots of cables.