NES build 1985-2015 30TH anniversary " NES 3.0"(completed final pics!)

ungreedy

Damn. I wish I had the skills to do this.

What would you say is a checklist?

Are you going to make an instructable? That would be so cool.

i would say your check list could vary a lot depending on what you are going to try to fit in this case I'll give you mine so far but it could change 

as far as an instuctable goes for me that would be very hard to do,I am not the best at explaining stuff unless I am asked about a certain part or process 

my check list

-nes case

-intel g3258

-gtx 750ti

-picopsu 160xt

-70mm fans

-fiberglass filler

-itx motherboard

-paint

-random nuts and bolt

-lots of epoxy

-all i can think of for now

I meant more the skills required. But that helps too.

So lots of sanding to go with the bonding?

I think I can brush up on woodshop. I have spent all my upgrade pennies on a computer recently but this is seriously inspiring. I want to try one build like this.

How did you get the motherboard stands in?

Play the greatest game ever. TF2. http://www.teamfortress.com/

I meant more the skills required. But that helps too.

So lots of sanding to go with the bonding?

I think I can brush up on woodshop. I have spent all my upgrade pennies on a computer recently but this is seriously inspiring. I want to try one build like this.

How did you get the motherboard stands in?

absolutely tons of sand and lots more to come ,that fiberglass is tough as nails

I just used 4/40 nuts and bolts drilled through the motherboard tray

IMG_20141031_213332_zpsepljgj5s.jpg

my hdmi cable came in from china folded up like a paper airplane ,was not to happy with that.still works killer( watched a movie with my duagther to test it) and this thing is a slick piece of tech holy crap its thin.

IMG_20141126_154457_zpscvn0vkwo.jpg

IMG_20141126_180852_zpsnhcfxbx8.jpg

It's on its way to its new home!!

imagejpg1_zps8b3e8261.jpg

it looks so cute sitting there with it's two little fans.

I want to do something similar with an original Xbox, but I don't have the money for it. Though I've got everything planned and I ended up looking at a different GPU to yours.

All the low profile 750Ti cards have crappy IO options which put me off, but I found this by Gigabyte that has some really nice options, it's also kinda blower style so it'd be good for low airflow cases like a NES or an Xbox

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

I want to do something similar with an original Xbox, but I don't have the money for it. Though I've got everything planned and I ended up looking at a different GPU to yours.

All the low profile 750Ti cards have crappy IO options which put me off, but I found this by Gigabyte that has some really nice options, it's also kinda blower style so it'd be good for low airflow cases like a NES or an Xbox

I only need one hdmi output so I am good ,personally would not want to have a multi monitor system with a 750. But the main reason I chose this card was the dual fan setup is so much quieter than those single 40mm "jet engines" fans. Also you have to be careful cuz that card is about one inch longer than the msi,galaxy and zotac lp options.

If you get the funds ,I Wish you luck on your build those xbox's could fit a pretty beastly system in it .

I only need one hdmi output so I am good ,personally would not want to have a multi monitor system with a 750. But the main reason I chose this card was the dual fan setup is so much quieter than those single 40mm "jet engines" fans. Also you have to be careful cuz that card is about one inch longer than the msi,galaxy and zotac lp options.

If you get the funds ,I Wish you luck on your build those xbox's could fit a pretty beastly system in it .

I'd rather the option be there because of how the IO would be set up, but apparently the card isn't too loud and is more than short enough to fit without an issue.

If money wasn't an issue I'd be cramming something like a 970 and a 4790k in one of them, there's enough space if you plan it out right.

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

It's on its way to its new home!!

imagejpg1_zps8b3e8261.jpg

Hard to believe that little thing is a 750ti.

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram

-snip-

Yay! I want pictures of that GPU installed. :D

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Can't wait to get a sad for this thing.

Updates soon!

A Sad?

Sad-Cat.jpg

(I know you meant SSD but still ... poor cat).

Cool updates so far :) Will be keeping an eye on this topic :P

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

A Sad?

Sad-Cat.jpg

(I know you meant SSD but still ... poor cat).

Cool updates so far :) Will be keeping an eye on this topic :P

auto correct ,on my phone!windows updates and driver installs take forever

Ok done stressing this gpu out.holy crap they have the stock boost clock set way to high on the gpu at least for bench-marking reasons, it was set to 1300mhz at this setting could not make it through the bench(did not test enough to find out if it was thermal shut down,power consumption or some thing else).so I quickly figured that one out and dropped the boost clock to 1200mhz and it was a happy camper! still have a lot of testing with thermals ,power consumption ect ect ... Ok enough with the boring stuff here is the pics..

my little project table getting ready to be used

IMG_20141201_184211_zpsax2i7eql.jpg

motherboard fans ,and my new ram install "have the ram undervolted to 1.25 and its happy"

IMG_20141201_185417_zps2gel5fmf.jpg

one more size comparison before the install

IMG_20141201_185929_zpsq96tpajw.jpg

peekaboo

IMG_20141201_190428_zpsygn628wu.jpg

plenty of clearance

IMG_20141201_190501_zpsditfqmmw.jpg

IMG_20141201_190524_zpsjboq8shv.jpg

I have to mod this area to get the case to close. it was so close to just shutting with no mods

IMG_20141201_190716_zps48ev2dpo.jpg

valley bench

bench_zps637d911e.png

full system load

IMG_20141201_204818_zpsc5y5hgtb.jpg

some vitals

settings_zps14ac82bf.png