LTTAnimeClubHeavenSociety-Header.png

Week 20 is upon us. Its now time to decide which anime the club should watch and discuss this week. The poll will be active for 48hrs-ish.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel: Ars Nova
Current

This was suggested by @Digital Brit saying "I thought this anime was pretty awesome because I'm generally a sucker for sci-fi. I found the story to be consistent, with no random plot holes or side-plots that never got resolved. There is a clear goal set at the start and they go with it to the end. While it is a CGI anime it's done very well, at some points it is more noticeable than others but most of the time it works."

By 2039, global warming had caused sea levels to rise and large amount of territory to be lost. As though in response, a mysterious group of warships clad in mist, “the Fleet of Mist,” appeared in every corner of the ocean, and began attacking human ships. In spite of humanity mustering all their strength, they were utterly defeated by the Mist's overwhelming force. All of humanity's trade routes were blockaded by the Fleet of Mist, their political economy was destroyed, and the human race was steadily beaten down. Seven years later, the Fleet of Mist's submarine I-401 appears before cadet Gunzo Chihaya. The humanoid life form that pilots the sub, who should be their enemy, is instead offering her services to mankind.
Read more at ANN

MZbTFWq.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
Recent

This was suggested by @GloriousPain saying "it's a story with similarities to the prevously discussed Hyouka set in high school as a slice of life where the main character is anti social to a degree..."

Hachiman Hikigaya is an antisocial high school student with no friends or girlfriend and as a result has a distorted view on life. When he sees his classmates talking excitedly about their adolescent lives, he mutters, "They're a bunch of liars." When he is asked about his future dreams, he responds, "Not working." A teacher gets Hachiman to join the volunteer "service club," which happens to have the school's prettiest girl - Yukino Yukinoshita.
Read more at ANN

6Gi1rF2.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
Post-2007

This was suggested by @Vitalius saying "A somewhat psychological anime with a bit of action and existential complexity. I never finished it, but seriously enjoyed what I did watch. I do that sometimes."

The Japanese government was rescued from the brink of financial collapse by the Sovereign Wealth Fund. For its citizens, however, life has not improved, and unemployment, crime, suicide, and despair are rampant. Kimimaro is a scholarship student whose only dream is to avoid all this and live a stable life as a civil servant. One day, however, he meets a man who offers him the chance to make money fast. From then on Kimimaro is drawn into a mysterious realm known as "The Financial District," where people engage in supernatural battles for the possibility of money.
Read more at ANN

yhaiR7n.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Pre-2007

This was suggested by @Legion saying "This to me is a classic among mecha anime with an unusual story line for its time. I can't praise it much more as I haven't seen it in a couple of years and only remember large spoiler points."

At the age of 14 Shinji Ikari is summoned by his father to the city of Neo Tokyo-3 after several years of separation. There he unwillingly accepts the task of becoming the pilot of a giant robot by the name EVA01 and protect the world from the enigmatic invaders known as "angels." Even though he repeatedly questions why he has accepted this mission from his estranged and cold father, his doing so helps him to gradually accept himself. However, why exactly are the angels attacking and what are his father’s true intentions are yet to be unraveled.
Read more at ANN

TsTNf1E.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Battle Programmer Shirase
Random

This was suggested by @TheProfosist saying "Supralegal Measures."

Battle Programmer Shirase, also known as BPS, is a free programmer with super hacking abilities who doesn't work for money. What he does work for is certainly something that only people like him would appreciate. But, his demeanor certainly doesn't suit the jobs he is hired for. With the evil King of America causing trouble via the internet, Shirase is nothing but busy as each new adventure brings even more interesting people into the picture.
Read more at ANN

uRltOpc.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @iSaeko @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @urple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0 @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @ThyFeared @wng_kingsley7 @Trogdor8freebird @Rising @brownninja97 @Marvzl1357 @achillesviper

If you're interested in becoming a member please head over to the main club thread for more information.

This is a poll that is created from a list of suggested anime from the Anime Suggestion Submission thread. If there is any anime you think the club should watch and discuss please suggest it there.

@Charger

Voted Arpeggio because Tsundere Heavy Cruiser.

c0b15ece3c.PNG

Still, y u put Arpeggio, SNAFU, and C in the same poll!?

IMGUR HATES ME RIGHT NOW AND DOESN'T WANT TO LOAD MY IMAGES :(

caps becasue mumble push to talk is mic and imgur is annoying right now.

Only a matter of time before EVA tuned up. It's one of those shows that just messes with your head, and when it's done you're just like... what....?

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Only a matter of time before EVA tuned up. It's one of those shows that just messes with your head, and when it's done you're just like... what....?

Na there are for worse things if ending up "like what"?

Na there are for worse things if ending up "like what"?

Like that sentence :P

Jk, there probably are, but this is still a bit of a mind **** unless you're really keeping track of what's going on and reading deep into the story each episode.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Like that sentence :P

Jk, there probably are, but this is still a bit of a mind **** unless you're really keeping track of what's going on and reading deep into the story each episode.

Shinji is a pussy, thats all you need to know. FLCL through me off far more. It took 3+ times viewing it to really figure anything out, not that I minded.

Tried arpeggio and dropped it in the middle of the second episode something about it just didn't sell me.

Vitalius' description of C: has me sold, has me hoping for a genuine psychological thriller and it is that time of year.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Just read the synopsis and I'm not longer interested in C:, guess my vote is for other Hagania

Edit: I can't make up my mind battle programmer sounds interesting although not well pitched by TheProfosist

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Edit: I can't make up my mind battle programmer sounds interesting although not well pitched by TheProfosist

ya i gave @TheProfosist shit for that before making this thread and I'm sure when he wrote it.

ya i gave @TheProfosist shit for that before making this thread and I'm sure when he wrote it.

But that's the essence of the anime.

Finally, Ive watched SNAFU a long time ago. i find it fun. I missed a week of Heaven Society cuz high prices of ISP!. Welp SNAFU was one of my favorites... its really got that Romantic Comedy ;P

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

i must say, battle programmer Shirase is incredibly, nearly criminally stupid, but very entertaining and hilarious at the same time. But i'd like to see how you guys interpret C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control.

I suggested My Teen Rom Com Snafu and I'm sticking too it, it's one of my favorite animes and it's my favorite Rom Com and my favorite Slice of Life... Must watch! 

Also wow it's already winning the poll by a mile... 

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Slice of Life Train dont stop for no one

post-56383-0-15594200-1413031239.png

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

I... Genuinely don't know most of these. Other than My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU, everything else is completely unknown to me.

That said, I loved that comedy anime and would certainly enjoy a second season if there was one.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Shinji is a pussy, thats all you need to know. FLCL through me off far more. It took 3+ times viewing it to really figure anything out, not that I minded.

To be fair I understood FLCL more than Eva :P The first episodes were somewhat understandable, but the last 2 were the hardest to make sense of.

To be fair I understood FLCL more than Eva :P The first episodes were somewhat understandable, but the last 2 were the hardest to make sense of.

Are you sure you really understood it?

Are you sure you really understood it?

I sure didn't but that was because i would just watch random episodes on adult swim when i first saw it so i missed a lot of it lol

I sure didn't but that was because i would just watch random episodes on adult swim when i first saw it so i missed a lot of it lol

There are only 6 eps so idk how much you could have missed episode wise really uses you just saw them out of order.

There are only 6 eps so idk how much you could have missed episode wise really uses you just saw them out of order.

first run though I think I really only saw 2 episodes and after that I just kept seeing the same ones I had seen lol. It never made any sense for a long time lol