Have you ever not played a game because the main character was too ugly?

Sammael

I think I might be a bit shallow.

I love rpgs, and everyone raved over the witcher series.  I paid for the witcher 2, loaded it up, and looked at this face:

video-games_00392708.jpg

And I went cold.  I did not want to walk around in a world, controlling THAT as my avatar.  I left shepard the same from mass effect and did not choose a custom look because the basic visage was decent to look at, but THIS ???!??!?!?!?!?

I am probably the only one in the world that is this shallow with their games, but I can't stand controlling an ugly character.  If it's a party member, fine, but the primary character that is representing my avatar in the world?  It is like an affront to nature.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

I'm not that superficial as a person, so it doesn't really bother me as long as the game itself is good.

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

ummm ... no

i played games during n64 where the faces was just a few polygons

so i dont really understand

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Every game ever, where the "main character" is supposed to be the player itself and is supposed to imagine itself in...

Yes, I'm so fugly I can't stand looking at my own face.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Well many characters are actually abnormally good looking... 

For example, Aiden Pearce from Watch_Dogs, or most of the Call of Duty characters.

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

I dont mind how Geralt looks but I liked Geralt from The Witcher 1 more. Only thing I cant stand is the english dub for The Witcher.

Actualy I like how he looks because he had very hard life and you can see reflecting all he went trough in his face.

Not really since for example you'd be staring at Geralt's ass for 90% of the game anyway, and he does look a lot better going than coming if you catch my drift

-------

Current Rig

-------

Dude, I started playing games when Space Invaders and Pac Man were around, so I'm still amazed at anything that remotely resembles a human.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

Da hell? Am I weird that I've literally never had this thought?  :P

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

No.and Geralt is not ugly you just have very bad taste perhaps it has something to do with your age.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

It's just a character model. What you look like mean nothing to the story, so why the hell does it matter? Master Chief doesn't have a face and his most up to date armour looks like crap, but I still play it. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

What's wrong with the Witcher's face? It's not ugly by any means.

Besides, what does it matter?

Guys, this is really a cry for help. The OP needs us to make them pretty before they quit the game of life! D:

Minecraft. It's always that Steve guy that looks at you funny.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I know I've felt the same way before, but I can't remember on what game.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Could not stand the character in Just Cause. 

CPUIntel Core I5-3570k @4.2Ghz |  CoolerBeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MOBOMsi Z77 Mpower | GPUSapphire HD7970 Dual-X 3GB RAMCorsair Vengeance Low Profile 1600mhz (2x8GB) | HDD Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB & HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB | PSU: BeQuiet! PurePower L8 630w | Case: Corsair C70 Military Green | Display: BenQ GL2450HM 24" KeyboardCM Storm QuickFire Ultimate Keyboard (Browns) | MouseR.A.T 7 | Mouse padSteelseries QcK Mass | Headset: Plantronics Gamecom 780 | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate | Picture of setuphttp://i.imgur.com/o8jKsQJ.jpg (OLD)

Dude, I started playing games when Space Invaders and Pac Man were around, so I'm still amazed at anything that remotely resembles a human.

same here  :lol:

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"