so i used a mac today ...

ExcitezR

so i used a mac to day because i started to do photography at college  (this is the only place in the college that has mac's). it felt so wrong, like i was strate noob at it i didnt no how to reopen what i minimize and lots of other things. have you used a mac what was it like to you.

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

I've used one a few times but I picked it up quickly since I knew about the gestures you can use on the trackpad and stuff. It's not that hard it's just all the controls for a window is on the left side instead of right!

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

so i used a mac to day because i started to do photography at college  (this is the only place in the college that has mac's). it felt so wrong, like i was strate noob at it i didnt no how to reopen what i minimize and lots of other things. have you used a mac what was it like to you.

It's pretty much the same as Windows with some slight difference, but usually more intuitive to use and once you get used to it its usually a bit easier to do daily tasks. 

Spotlight kicks Window's search ass. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Please tell me you sanitized your hands to get rid of the nastiness of a mac....

(Not looking to start wars :P)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I use macs all the time at home, I've been brought up using them, and I can honestly say I prefer OSX. It just annoys me I can't play as many games on it as PC. Otherwise, I personally would have a straight up hackintosh, no dual booting at all.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I own systems with both operating systems and can tell you that OS X definitely has a learning curve from a Windows user's perspective, though as does Windows 8.1/10.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

It's still a computer, I wouldn't really have any problems using one. I' have a problem with buying one, but that's another matter.

This is still valid, and it is with any consumer computer.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Use it 24/7 in school, we only have macbooks, macbook pros and imacs. I'd say am better than 90% of the people in school.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

OP, please reconsider your mindset and/or phrasing of your post. It's okay to not like a particular brand (and their software), but with your implication that all Apple users are ignorant will spark an argument (as in, the part where you say "it felt so wrong", where it could be interpreted wrongly like I mentioned, when you likely did not mean every Apple user is ignorant).

I've used a Mac before for graphic design and while the navigation was different for me since I've been a long-time pure Windows user, I got a hang of it after an hour. So who's the actual noob here? :)

I've used one a few times but I picked it up quickly since I knew about the gestures you can use on the trackpad and stuff. It's not that hard it's just all the controls for a window is on the left side instead of right!

i think it was a older version because i was not able to click using the trackpad i had to use the buttons on the trackpad so i dont no if that would have worked 

PC PART PICKER

Only one of their big AIOs in an apple store. The apple mouse and keyboard was the thing that ruined it for me

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I find macs easier to use than windows.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

I used it for work before... The mouse was terrible... It's either you use up the whole desk to move 3 inches or you move the mouse 3 inches and the cursor jumps all over the place... It's not that bad software-wise... It's not that good either... What I find bad about it is when you put in a removable drive (i.e. flash drive)... The OS eats up an unecessary amount of space on the drive... And deleting is not deleting like in Windows...

Im using a macbook pro right now while my y410p is off being repaired. I love this thing. It looks amazing and is a pleasure to use. :)

I still miss my y410p

I own systems with both operating systems and can tell you that OS X definitely has a learning curve from a Windows user's perspective, though as does Windows 8.1/10.

Coming from using macs mostly and an old Windows XP desktop and Windows 7 laptop, Going to Windows 8 on my custom build wasn't actually that hard. At first I didn't like the flat design but now I have grown to love it a lot. Glad they kept it in Windows 10

Life.exe is missing

OP, please reconsider your mindset and/or phrasing of your post. It's okay to not like a particular brand (and their software), but with your implication that all Apple users are ignorant will spark an argument (as in, the part where you say "it felt so wrong", where it could be interpreted wrongly like I mentioned, when you likely did not mean every Apple user is ignorant).

I've used a Mac before for graphic design and while the navigation was different for me since I've been a long-time pure Windows user, I got a hang of it after an hour. So who's the actual noob here? :)

no no no im not trying to start a war or anything its was my first time using one and the same for my mate and "by it felt so wrong" i mean not being able to alt tab or open things from the dock it would open a new one of the program that i was all ready using.

PC PART PICKER

I didn't know how to turn the '09 iMac's on at my school the first time I sat in front of one.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

(insert vomit noise here)

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

my dad uses macs all the time. loves the apple ecosystem for his documents, and well really all his work anyway. So I am around it a good bit. Once used his macbook pro extensively. I know all the gestures and a good bit at how to get around the OS and also how the filesystem is organized (its somewhat close to linux)

so its not that hard for me to use. I like the productivity of OS X but windows supports more of the things that I like to do. Plus i like building my own PC's cause its cool.. and mac is expensive.

though i wouldnt mind having an MBA or MBP as a laptop. they work well. Id rather a razer blade though LOL

but again i cant have either of these since i got no moneys

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Im using a macbook pro right now while my y410p is off being repaired. I love this thing. It looks amazing and is a pleasure to use. :)

I still miss my y410p

I find macs easier to use than windows.

Use it 24/7 in school, we only have macbooks, macbook pros and imacs. I'd say am better than 90% of the people in school.

It's still a computer, I wouldn't really have any problems using one. I' have a problem with buying one, but that's another matter.

This is still valid, and it is with any consumer computer.

dont get me wrong i think that its a very good computer as hardware is... dat metal. im just not used to it  

PC PART PICKER

I'm getting this feeling poking around Win10 since I skipped Win8 all together. :P

I have a macbook pro. OSX was no big deal to me as I have used *nix OSs in the past. The GUI is alright.

Personally, I installed rEFIt, and then triple boot OSX, WIndows 8.1, and Ubuntu.

Honestly, the build quality of the macbook pro has trumped everything I have used to this day, except for the upper class Lenovos (its on par). 

Although I triple boot, I find myself using Ubuntu far more often than OSX and Windows. Honestly, if I need real work done in AutoCAD, Solidworks, or gaming, it gets done on my desktop.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I use windows and recently got my first macintosh (rMBP 2014) because of how it's built. I rather OSX over windows and didn't find it very challenging to adapt when I got my device in August.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3