so i used a mac today ...

ExcitezR

I use them all the time in the uni library, I like the higher resolution screens on the imacs. I don't find the UI to be any better or worse than Windows or Ubuntu for that matter.

I personally love the UI and primarily own my laptop for Logic Pro X. If I could get away with not using Windows I would but as a gamer it's pretty much required. 

I grew up using everything. Various Linux Distros, Windows, and Mac OS so they all feel natural to me. I guess if you're used to Windows' management and workflow going to OS X would be a bit odd feeling. It's really quite easy to pick up on though.

Few times I've used one, I found it to be a minor irritation at best. I don't like having only one mouse button, I just didn't find anything interesting, useful, or neat.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

The only time I've used a MAC was in elementary school, and it was the only "current" computer available; they had a bunch of old P1 (I think) machines, and the MACs.

They had those horrible Pebble mice. What a stupid design.
I've had no desire to use an Apple computer since.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I had a mac for most of my life and it was my only laptop so i am very good at it but now i use chrome os mac ubuntu and windows

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Had to use osx for three years at university, and while it was pretty simple to grasp, many of the basic features felt like they had been designed weirdly just to not be the same as Windows.

So, essentially, it felt really cumbersome to use, and just about everything felt like it required extra energy to do, even the most basic things like handling of window sizes...

I can definitively see that there wouldn't be much resistance if you haven't been using windows for the past 20 years or so, but to me it felt like it was actively mocking me and wasting my time in the process. :P

Cheers,

Linus

I'm no Windows fanboy by any means. But when I first came into ownership of several Macintosh computers, I did find them to be a little "confusing". Even still, a couple years later, I do have a little trouble going my way through the OS. I have a preference for Windows and that's it. I really like Macs, but I do find some aspects of them to be iffy, if you ask me. For example, the green button. I'm not sure what it is referred to as, but it makes very little sense to me. And the lack of something like a Windows taskbar is source for a little irritation.

I'm one of those people who are like "Why can't we have both?" To me, both my Windows machines and Apple machines have special designations.

I have no signature. There is nothing to see here. Move along.

Only one of their big AIOs in an apple store. The apple mouse and keyboard was the thing that ruined it for me

Yeah it's pretty well known that their mice are designed by aliens. They defy all sense. If there's one thing that Apple just totally fucks up over and over and over again it's mice.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I hate Apple's earbuds, keyboards as well as mice. But I will always miss my iMac G5. Thing served me better than any computer I've had ever. I love OSX and it's simplicity. Apple had the right idea with Spotlight too, which Microsoft didn't truly have until Vista which, although I liked it because I had higher-end hardware, was a commercial sales failure.

I also like Windows too. There's positives and negatives to both. But to keep things short, I love and enjoy OSX and would never buy a pre-built PC/laptop from any company but Apple. 

They're just so... nice..? It's hard to explain.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I switch between OS X and Windows daily so for me using either is simple.

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

Yeah it's pretty well known that their mice are designed by aliens. They defy all sense. If there's one thing that Apple just totally fucks up over and over and over again it's mice.

*universe implodes again*

Seriously though, wtf with the mice and having one button?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

*universe implodes again*

Seriously though, wtf with the mice and having one button?

I'm not an undying servant of the brand. You may think I'm an astroturfer or whatever but a lot of their stuff just plain sucks. They need to make a mechanical keyboard, for example. Their mice always have sucked. Mice are really a case where functionality is more important than design by a wide margin and they just can't seem to nail it there. That's why I like the Magic Trackpad so much.

Call me a fanboy but these days I've gotten so used to trackpads that I prefer having only one button. Two fingers does right click, and control clicking does too. It's pretty hard to depend on PC touch pads because they aren't dependable really. Lenovo makes the best PC touch pads in my opinion. Still nothing really compares to that of a MacBook.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /