Corsair recognises "Gaming" branding mistake

ImBleu

Original Source; http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=132520&page=13

Alternative Source: http://www.change.org/p/corsair-components-inc-keep-the-old-corsair-logo

Our customers spoke, we listened. pirate.gif

We hear You.

As many of you know we launched our new Corsair Gaming line of peripherals this week. We’ve received a ton of feedback on the products and new logo. We are amazed and humbled by the passion our customers have for the original Corsair sails logo. The ship + sails are here to stay and will continue to be used on all Corsair PC component products. 

However, we know many of you prefer the classic logo on our keyboards, and you’ve made your voices heard. For those of you looking for the new K70 RGB with the original sails logo, it’s currently available in North America from Newegg – just look for the SKU CH-9000063-NA. What’s more, as a direct result of your feedback, we will continue to sell and manufacture the Vengeance K70 and Vengeance K70 RGB with Cherry MX Red switches, with the sails logo, via select retailers and Corsair.com.

After the outbreak of complaints revolving the new Corsair Gaming logo that looks like a cross between a crab and a trampstamp, Corsair has realised that for many people the new Logo is a dealbreaker for the new RGB Corsair peripherals. The post above, quoted from YellowBeard who is a Corsair representative, shows that they've acknowledged many of their customers whether gamers or professionals prefer the traditional sails and YellowBeard said the Corsair Sail RGB K70 is available on Newegg and will also be available to other select retailers and of course on Corsair's own website.

The trampstamp Gaming brand will still exist, but based on the sales of the K70 RGB Gaming vs K70 RGB we might show Corsair what we really want.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Thank god. I hate that new logo.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

woop woop

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Great that they listened.  It really did look like a tramp stamp.

+1 internets for corsair.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Yay! I didn't care for this "Crabsair" logo, I like the "Corsail" logo much much more!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I feel like this is one of those mistakes that should never have happened....Simply take it to a focus group before production begins....

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

It really does look like a tramp stamp. Glad they're giving us an option.

Corsair always seems to take customer feedback seriously  :D

Maybe they'll do away with the new logo completely

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

Corsair always seems to take customer feedback seriously  :D

Maybe they'll do away with the new logo completely

Here's hoping that the K70 RGB with the old logo is massively higher than the Trampstamp edition, that'll show them ;)

Must say, I'm impressed a tech company actually listened to their users AND immediately fixed their wrongdoings, having a new version ready to ship in less than a week.

I don't use any Corsair parts or peripherals and I don't ever plan to, but they've earned some respect.

I didn't actually take part in the petition but its nice to see corsiar will keep the old logo. The new one was very fugly

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

thank god, that new logo was butt ugly.

the Corsair boat was one of the things I liked about them, they had a nice logo that I would rank up with Fractal tier.

i feel bad for who designed it though.

I think an intern pulled a vector from Google images and used his 2 weeks worth of skill in Photoshop to make something.

I didn't see anything that mentioned a K70 RGB with brown or blue switches coming that includes the original logo.

Where is the new logo? I can't find it!

EDIT - Oh dear god, what is that?!

This is good news... but again i dont care about the keyboard... its a sticker. I want a m65 mouse with the sails.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/landing/m65-rgb

bait and switch ... wheres this mouse at corsair? pulled the rug out from under me.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

Good to see a company responding to customer feedback in aesthetic choices. Now if only Nvidia cards would have LED logos ON THE FUCKING LOW END CARDS instead of just the high end ones, and they would be RGB, we would be totally winning

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Yay! I didn't care for this "Crabsair" logo, I like the "Corsail" logo much much more!

i don't think it was suppose to be a carb. I think they were going for two pirate swords crossing each other. As for me personally, I don't really care the logo was the traditional corsail or the the new logo.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

Good to see a company responding to customer feedback in aesthetic choices. Now if only Nvidia cards would have LED logos ON THE FUCKING LOW END CARDS instead of just the high end ones, and they would be RGB, we would be totally winning

an RGB "GeForce GTX" on the reference coolers would be amazing. No one makes Z97 / X99 Green motherboards and most systems are red/blue. 

Good to see they listened their customers, personally I twitted corsair and corsairgaming telling them that they should keep the old logo across all products. I think the new logo is an ugly tramp stamp.

It's great that Corsair have done this. While I do personally prefer old logo, the new logo wouldn't have been a deal breaker for me anyway.

an RGB "GeForce GTX" on the reference coolers would be amazing. No one makes Z97 / X99 Green motherboards and most systems are red/blue. 

I just want red, I hate blue lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Cut to Corsair marketing guy sobbing in the corner.....

Props to corsair for quick reaction.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.