Corsair recognises "Gaming" branding mistake

ImBleu

Awesome, now all those months spent waiting for this keyboard to come out weren't a complete waste of patience.

I was literally going to go with a G710+ instead due to this logo, but now i'm not so sure I will (IF I can get the old Corsair logo at a decent price). Will certainly keep waiting for now to see if there any further developments though.

Keep in mind that the G710+ is a completely different experience. It's not aluminum, it has browns, and it has o-rings. I love mine, I just want you to know that it's nothing like typing on a K70 with reds (which I also own).

I just want a K70 RGB with blues to complete my collection of R/Bl/Br.

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

So much for everyone saying "stop complaining they won't listen anyway".

Two thumbs up to Corsair for listening to their customers.

Now you can be the cool guy who owns the "limited edition Corsair Gaming" K70 when the rebranded boards become hard to find. 

EDIT: That or we'll be exhuming them from a landfill in 30 years or so... 

<----- Right next to all of that guys Atari carts. 

In Us its gonna be newegg very soon, for EU we have to wait, for rest of the world I dont know.

All this info is in first post, thats all everybody knows so far. Did u not bother reading it ?

Hope it happens soon enough, I am itching to buy this keyboard and almost got it today but I really want the old logo. They only said MX Red, haven't mentioned anything about other colors.

Hope it happens soon enough, I am itching to buy this keyboard and almost got it today but I really want the old logo. They only said MX Red, haven't mentioned anything about other colors.

The old logo is only going to be on the k70 rgb with red's until they run out of stock on those i would assume 

The old logo is only going to be on the k70 rgb with red's until they run out of stock on those i would assume 

No they are gonna continue sell and manufacturer that as well, https://www.facebook.com/Corsair/photos/a.189916304381799.42079.179235105449919/853520881354668/?type=1&theater

It is just not clear enough for me if the Cherry MX brown K70 RGB will be under the old logo lineup as well.

Logo-gate really does seem over the top.

I get that people expected something different, I am exactly the same.  Corsair didn't respond particularly well and appeared to be immediately on the defensive in a knee-jerk reaction.

It's good that they listen, they always gave the impression of a company who really do care about their customers.

I'm going to hold out for a K70 with brown switches, Nordic layout and of course, Corsair sails.

I hope that Corsair take this as a lesson learned in PR and marketing.  While many of their customers game, many of those customers are not 'gamers'.  Reading through the various threads it's apparent that the people who buy Corsair buy it for the premium quality professional presentation.  It also goes to show how passionate fans are for the company and the brand and how something we would normally gloss over and not pay particular attention to is now in the spotlight and everyone is talking about how damn cool both the keyboard and the brand are.

No one expects an overnight solution, Corsair handled the launch/product tier and subsequent backlash poorly but so did many of those most vocal.

A few more weeks/months and hopefully we should be a few software and firmware releases down the line and we'll all look back at this and laugh, if we're not too busy designing our keyboards with jiggling bewb patterns.

EDIT:- I thought he was suggesting that there was a batch of RGB's made with the old logo for the NA market and these are still on sale.  But it appears they're only going to use the old logo with the Red switches - surely the manufacturing process can't be that different?  I find it odd that they would take Reds out of the Gaming brand but leave Browns and Blues in which are more for typists and are less twitchy.

Do you people even know what "gate" means?

I don't give a damn what the logo is (generally) . . . . .

Sale here... what's the matter

What happened to those poor fuckers that are stuck with that logo do they to swap it out?

poor fuckers? Maybe they enjoy the logo. I've never seen such kids angry and violent over a company trying something new. Any one with a brain would encourage any company for innovating there products. Why wouldn't you? If you don't like a design then so be it.

I've normally kept quiet but lately you young folks are doing nothing but crying on these boards over stupid things. I for one applaud corsair for their innovation for being bold and trying something new. Which is what everyone wants.

Uhh, I hope people aren't actually buying into that PR nonsense. The K70 RGB with the original Corsair logo was already previously available on Newegg, people have been posting it for days. They haven't actually made any changes in their products or policies. 

The K70 RGB with the original Corsair logo was already previously available on Newegg, people have been posting it for days.

Can u prove this ? (images, videos, links?)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Can u prove this ? (images, videos, links?)

I can't track down the reddit posts atm, but it never went out of stock on Newegg. It's just the SKU that was originally released, when the "gaming" version was released a few days ago Newegg just added a "there is a newer version of this product" but still sold the original SKU. 

The wording of their post does corroborate it as well though. 

"The ship + sails are here to stay and will continue to be used on all Corsair PC component products. " - We all knew this already, it's only "gaming" peripherals that fall under the new Corsair Gaming division.

"For those of you looking for the new K70 RGB with the original sails logo, it’s currently available in North America from Newegg – just look for the SKU CH-9000063-NA." - It's currently available, but has also been available since K70 RBG release. 

"What’s more, as a direct result of your feedback, we will continue to sell and manufacture the Vengeance K70 and Vengeance K70 RGB with Cherry MX Red switches, with the sails logo, via select retailers and Corsair.com." - This is the only "direct result of your feedback" 

Also don't forget about this forum post: 

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showpost.php?p=729690&postcount=12

"Here's what it boils down to. The logo is NOT going away. We have a plan and we're executing it. Period. "

God i hope they remove it. I can't own anything with a logo that makes me look like a 12 y/o. Like Razer...

Potato

poor fuckers? Maybe they enjoy the logo. I've never seen such kids angry and violent over a company trying something new. Any one with a brain would encourage any company for innovating there products. Why wouldn't you? If you don't like a design then so be it.

I've normally kept quiet but lately you young folks are doing nothing but crying on these boards over stupid things. I for one applaud corsair for their innovation for being bold and trying something new. Which is what everyone wants.

Innovation is adding new technology and/or functionality, not plastering an inferior logo on them which is all this new 'gaming' brand is - a logo. A particularly ugly logo.

Also, conforming to this whole 'xtreme gamer swag' labelling is not something 'new', by any means. What Corsair was doing before - gaming peripherals with a reserved, professional look - was much more unique.

As many others here, I am glad they listened and took initiative to change the logo back. That new one was ugly as all hell.

Am I the only one here who doesn't give a s**t about a logo?  :rolleyes:

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I can't track down the reddit posts atm, but it never went out of stock on Newegg. It's just the SKU that was originally released, when the "gaming" version was released a few days ago Newegg just added a "there is a newer version of this product" but still sold the original SKU.

The wording of their post does corroborate it as well though.

"

My bad,got very pleased that they are going to produce more mx red ones with sail logo.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I think the way that corsair handled this reaction from everyone was great keeping the k70 logo old I think though the new logo isn't the best corsair is doing their best to make the most out of their mistake

I think the way that corsair handled this reaction from everyone was great keeping the k70 logo old I think though the new logo isn't the best corsair is doing their best to make the most out of their mistake

First post! Woo!

So, I'm looking at buying this. The logo, however, turns me away from it. (I mean really, it's off center too?)

I heard that they're going to keep producing the K70 with the old logo. I, personally, like the MX Browns over the Reds. Are they only doing the Reds with the 3 sails logo?

Also, if I HAVE to get the logo, this one was the only one I could find with Browns. Should I spring for this?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823816027&cm_re=rgb_k95-_-23-816-027-_-Product

I really hope that "only mx reds with sails logo" move is temporarily.

It doesn't even makes sense, mx reds are supposed to be the "gaming" switches! It should be "new gaming logo only on mx reds". It makes more sense that they opt for making the sails logo only on brown and blue switches since those are oriented for enthusiasts.

I know they aren't idiots at Corsair and probably this is a matter of sales and available stock. They can't take serious actions so quickly, but I hope they understand their market and in time take the proper actions to fulfill their agenda and enthusiasts demands.

I don't see innovation in a logo. and certainly not in a logo a 12yo cod player could have made

it's time for some jolly cooperation!