Apple users....after the waterproof update,now comes Wave! [UPDATE : Now with pictures with melt IPhones]

Nineshadow

TX9dbK6.jpg

Let's have a moment of silence for all the microwaved iPhones...

YceRAUQ.jpgNaS8Sma.jpgq4kIxL0.jpg

aEp1Fqz.jpg

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

MUAHAHAHAHA!

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

the waterproof one was much better, still a bit funny though

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Lol

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

This will be funny...And sad.

/sarcasm

My OnePlus One doesn't support wave... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

/sarcasm

you liar!

post-75265-0-75987000-1411065414_thumb.j

Pic credits to someone on the Forum

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

lol this is too much

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

An Apple fanatic dropped by work today and asked if we had the iPhone 6. I asked her to consider the wide variety of Android phones as we didn't have it in stock, but she ended up going full on aggressive and said the iPhone 6 was much better because it had a bigger screen, faster processor and "that pay thing". 

I never thought I'd ever meet one of these in real life, but I somehow did.

IAuCYLW.gif

Sowwy you can't escape them... my friends want me to upgrade from a ace 3 to a 5s....

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

Edit: Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! They really deserved what they got from trying to charge their phone in this way! Oh that's funny!

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

Well, I have a feeling that quite a few people are still going to unfortunately try this. Looking forward to those stupid enough to fall for this actually complaining soon.

^agreed.

Can't wait until someone hacks this and waves their phone past an Iphone stealing the hipsters money (what little they have after having bought that pos phone)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

An Apple fanatic dropped by work today and asked if we had the iPhone 6. I asked her to consider the wide variety of Android phones as we didn't have it in stock, but she ended up going full on aggressive and said the iPhone 6 was much better because it had a bigger screen, faster processor and "that pay thing". 

I never thought I'd ever meet one of these in real life, but I somehow did.

IAuCYLW.gif

What's wrong with just letting people choose and attempt to buy things they actually prefer without having people go full fanboy at them?

What's wrong with just letting people choose and attempt to buy things they actually prefer without having people go full fanboy at them?

Well @Fooshi did say they didn't have any in stock so suggesting an alternative rather than let a customer walk out of the shop isn't full fanboy its called business.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I don't think Apple would used such a shitty compressed jpg image to promote something. The creator of that needs to try harder..or at least figure out how to save as .png. :P

Well @Fooshi did say they didn't have any in stock so suggesting an alternative rather than let a customer walk out of the shop isn't full fanboy its called business.

Yeah, read their response and do go on about how objective and reasonable it was...

I don't mind people making thought through decisions with enough research about the product they're interested in. I highly encourage that as your expectations will be more realistic and will quite often steer you away from products you'd probably return after a few days of using it. This person clearly did none of that apart from jumping on the Apple hypewagon. "That pay thing" isn't an exaggeration either. She really said that, "that pay thing". Not "NFC payment", not "Apple Pay". "That pay thing". The way she said everything as if she knew what she was talking about made it even more obvious, as if she read an article that simply said "it's faster, bigger and some more stuff. Go buy it 10/10."

Even worse is the fact that many Apple products come back after short time with something wrong with them. The ratio of iPhones/iPads sent to repair here is larger than any other manufacturer. Second is Samsung, where most are just cracked screens, not "oh, it's COMPLETELY dead." The shitfest doesn't stop there.

Apple requires us to use specifically certified workshops, which I guess is fine if you want the best of your product, but when they choose workshops that are insanely expensive to use (I'm talking €70-90 for an hour of work here), it starts becoming plain stupid.

Not to even mention their requirements to packaing such as refusing to accept packages with rubberbands covering specific areas of the package like the barcode (not even joking), seperate, physical packages for each device with a different tracking ID (instead of allowing us to send them in bulk, which is A LOT cheaper) and the refusal to do any further repairs if Find my iPhone/iPad is activated on a device declared not repairable at our local workshop (I.e., charging port is dead, unable to connect to iTunes to remove it.), leaving us, the store that accepted this shitty broken product to tank the 80€ fine (excluding shipping and work) for these shitty reasons. This happens all the time and we've become more reluctant to accepting Apple products due to their policies. This stuff isn't even covered by the warranty due to the damages 99% of the time being wear and tear. There's no reason for this. Other products with the same flaws cost less than a third to repair for both us and the customer. Does the Apple customer care, though? Probably not, as they Apple will just throw a new device in their faces at lower cost, again putting the stress on us economically by forcing us to sell it at loss. 

That, is why I asked her to CONSIDER the alternative. Because fuck this shit.

So? A customer has the right to not be informed about something and to want something just because they want it without being shouted down by Android fanboys, who are apparently so insecure and up themselves they can't avoid a thread with Apple in the title and NO EXAGGERATION use words like "sheeple". Seriously. These people are not buying a device for you and your needs, they're shopping for themselves.

Have you even considered the possibility that Android is an inherently more hands-on, enthusiast friendly platform than iOS so someone demonstrating such a lack of knowledge is probably not best suited for it?

People have started putting up pictures of their microwaved phones on the internet...jeez.

-Check original post-

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I don't think Apple would used such a shitty compressed jpg image to promote something. The creator of that needs to try harder..or at least figure out how to save as .png. :P

Because the people this is targeted at know or notice the difference?

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

I guess if you can put together something that looks like Apple marketing material, a lot of people are going to blindly believe it. Although, I would like to see how many people would microwave their S5.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

While this is fairly humorous, I also think it's rather sad. Sad that we live in an age where people are reliant on technology but don't understand it. Sad that a single companies branding is trusted so blindly by so many people. It's been going this way for a while, to quote Carl Sagan: "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology."

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

Because the people this is targeted at know or notice the difference?

My gf shown me a higher res .png version of the OP image a couple of days ago. I thought this horrible low quality image was the only one out there. Prank is bad enough, but jpg artifacting was an obvious sign this was fake. Apple's OCD would never allow for such a low res image for a promo. Either way, you have to be really dumb to believe nuking your phone will charge the battery.