I need help getting rid of viruses

Ok, so a friend recommended I try steamrip, I said I wasn't sure but he convinced me. He said a lot of the games you get from there will have artifacting and other issues. He said wouldn't recommend for permanent use but its a good way to trial run to see if you like a game before you spend 70 dollars on it. I tried it, and It worked pretty well. Problem is I know for a fact at least one of the game I played installed a virus. My system started getting bogged down around the time I tried it and even when deleting all of the games out right it didn't fix it. I need help with finding good software to help this problem. I had a year subscription to McAfee from when I purchased my laptop ( not the device with the issue) so I installed and tried it but as predicted it did nothing. I'd prefer a free software but if I need to use a paid one sobeit. 

McAfee is trash, wouldn't recommend.

Malwarebytes just updated their interface to sort of a less user-modifiable one, but it still should be good to go.

I'd grab it and run a scan, the Premium version has a trial of 14 days.

16 minutes ago, darkwolfotf said:

Ok, so a friend recommended I try steamrip, I said I wasn't sure but he convinced me. He said a lot of the games you get from there will have artifacting and other issues. He said wouldn't recommend for permanent use but its a good way to trial run to see if you like a game before you spend 70 dollars on it. I tried it, and It worked pretty well. Problem is I know for a fact at least one of the game I played installed a virus. My system started getting bogged down around the time I tried it and even when deleting all of the games out right it didn't fix it. I need help with finding good software to help this problem. I had a year subscription to McAfee from when I purchased my laptop ( not the device with the issue) so I installed and tried it but as predicted it did nothing. I'd prefer a free software but if I need to use a paid one sobeit. 

Best way is to completely wipe the system and start fresh. That is the only way besides unplugging the drives and destroying them to make sure get rid of the virus.

Unless you know what your doing and the risks, dont torrent games its simply not worth the risk to the system. If you had a spare system and wanted to see thats one thing, but on a main system? Not a wise choice

Malwarebytes, Windows Defender, and do full scans.

What @Shimejii said

Also unfriend a certain someone.

Because at the very least that person sounds like the kinda idjit that might end up as the cause of your demise one day.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

57 minutes ago, darkwolfotf said:

I need help with finding good software to help this problem

open windows security, run a full scan

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Do a fresh windows install, I wouldn't trust the system is virus free unless everything has been wiped and completely reset.

PC Specifications: Intel i9-14900KF, 5.7GHz all core locked, 5GHz ring, 1.35v Medium LLC, E-cores and HT disabled | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + Thermal Grizzly contact frame | 2x16 G.Skill Trident Z5 7400MHz 34-44-44-34 1T 1.45v (Maxed Subtimings, 52ns latency) | Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX | Windows 10/11 EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 Phanteks P400A (Black non-rgb version, Phanteks T30 fans 3 intake (On AIO), 1 exhaust) | SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB PCIe 4 SSD

Displays: MSI MAG 271QPX 1440p 360Hz 27" QD-OLED | LG UltraGear 27GP950-B, 4K 144Hz (@120hz) 27" IPS

Desktop Audio: STAX SR-007 MK2 Electrostatic Headphones | STAX SRM-400S Amp | Schiit Bifrost 2/64 (NOS mode, USB in, XLR out)

Mobile Audio: Sennheiser IE 900 IEMs w/ 4.4mm cable | FiiO KA13

Peripherals: Razer Huntsman V2 Full size wired with linear optical switch | Logitech G502 Hero