Memory_Corruption BSOD

Go to solution Solved by PDifolco,

Oooof that's a god tier build ! 馃槷

Can't you ask Origin support to replace the RAM ? Else try to run it at 5600MT, AM5 is picky with high speed RAM

Also disable MCR, had some instabilities when using it on my rig which is quite similar (see my sig), Ryzen Master just didn't launch for example

Have not changed any parts in the system, the only recent change made was a BIOS update from聽7D70v1E to聽7D70v1G1 (Skipping 1 BIOS version, no previous issues in doing so). After BIOS update system posted fine, restarted system and enabled XMP 1 again. System once again posted fine. After 6+ hours of being on I shut it down for the night, started up back up in the morning. This time it posted, but blue screened before any startup apps could open. Did not restart after 15 minutes of sitting on blue screen at 100% so I held power button down and started it back up. Blue screened again, same process. Third time starting it up it displayed for about 2 seconds a message about "New CPU installed", again no hardware changes only BIOS. It restarted itself instantly and instead of posting asked me if I wanted to enter recovery mode. I opted to restart it again, entered BIOS, disabled XMP, saved settings, and it posted. Restarted again, went into BIOS, re-enabled XMP 1, saved settings, posted again after retraining ram (142.5 seconds BIOS time). I did/do have memory context restore set to auto, not sure if what happened is it incorrectly tried to start using incorrect timing because of the BIOS update. The "New CPU installed" warning looked like the image included in the post (not my image) but with in small text on the top left, no image.

Haven't restarted it again yet, but it is running and I'm making this post using it. Just wondering if anyone has any idea what caused it so I know for next time. WinDbg reports failure_bucket_id as "MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BIT".

Memory Dump:聽https://ufile.io/90ewm2q6

PC specs included in image below, only variation is it's 96GB of Corsair Vengeance 6000MT/s CL30 2x48, and more SSDs installed/connected. Computer was made November/December of last year.

th?id=OIP.v2BLy49EKAjE9aLWZUxcOgHaFj%26p34970995299a2c57b309e0243c894678.png

Can't you ask Origin support to replace the RAM ? Else try to run it at 5600MT, AM5 is picky with high speed RAM

Also disable MCR, had some instabilities when using it on my rig which is quite similar (see my sig), Ryzen Master just didn't launch for example

System : AMD R9聽 7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM /聽ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /聽 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans)/ 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500 NVme聽 + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34"120Hz聽3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight聽mouse / Audeze Maxwell聽headphones

Debugging from just one dump file can be inaccurate. Could you check if you have any minidumps in C:\Windows\Minidump?聽

This one just looks like memory.聽Memory doesn't have to mean RAM, but it's usually the main suspect. Windows puts low priority data from RAM into the page file and loads it back in when needed so storage can look like memory (And memory can look like storage). The memory controller is in the CPU and if this fails it will just look like memory.

If anything is overclocked or undervolted, remove it. That includes the EXPO setting. AMD officially supports 5200MT/s with that CPU.聽

To test the RAM, use the machine normally with one stick at a time. If just one of the sticks cause crashes, faulty stick.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bjoolz said:

Debugging from just one dump file can be inaccurate. Could you check if you have any minidumps in C:\Windows\Minidump?聽

This one just looks like memory.聽Memory doesn't have to mean RAM, but it's usually the main suspect. Windows puts low priority data from RAM into the page file and loads it back in when needed so storage can look like memory (And memory can look like storage). The memory controller is in the CPU and if this fails it will just look like memory.

If anything is overclocked or undervolted, remove it. That includes the EXPO setting. AMD officially supports 5200MT/s with that CPU.聽

To test the RAM, use the machine normally with one stick at a time. If just one of the sticks cause crashes, faulty stick.

One minidump was created. I had a previous BSOD issue caused by a faulty Nvidia Broadcast driver where I ram a full MemTest86 which came up 0 errors. Haven't had any BSOD since resolving the driver issue until today after updating the BIOS version, been running the XMP profile the entire time. Not sure if overclocking is the issue, memory context restore, or if the BIOS version is unstable with the overlock? The only change I've made in the last couple weeks was the BIOS update, and it only occurred today (Second time turning on computer since BIOS change) while attempting to post. I haven't blue screened since then yet.

Minidump:聽https://ufile.io/gjmsdoba
Previous BSOD (with MemTest86 results):聽

Edited by Robertjr114
Originally posted comment link rather than thread link.

The minidump is pretty much the same as the other dump.聽

21 hours ago, PDifolco said:

Yeah I decided to go all out last black Friday, your build isn't far off and probably cost a lot less though lol.

So far disabling MCR seems to be the answer, just have to deal with long start times. Hopefully it gets more stable with further updates. Still running the 6000MT/s / XMP without issues with MCR disabled.