PC gamers earn (and spend) more than the rest...

The PC Master Race™ once again proves to be on top of the food chain!

In a separate study, The NPD Group found that 37 percent of Americans age 9 and up -- a segment that includes preteens, teens, and adults -- play video games.

Past studies have indicated that virtually all U.S. boys and girls play video games. But gaming isn't just for the kids anymore -- and it's no longer a hobby dominated by men. Of those who game 51 percent were men, 49 percent were women.

PC gamers are just as likely to be men as they are women, with 51 percent and 49 percent, respectively. They tend to be older, with an average age of 38 years, and affluent, with an average household income of $69k.

Most female gamers are casual gamers (read: mobile gamers). By contrast hardcore gamers (mostly male) represented only a fifth of gamers, but spent nearly twice as much as casual gamers. Past studies have indicated, though, that the female minority of hardcore gamers spend even more time than their male counterparts, though.

In other words, females may have caught up to males in terms of numbers of gamers, but not in gaming spending. But as women might tell you, that just means they know how to get a deal better than their male gaming counterparts.

PC Gamers Tend to Earn More Than Console Gamers

hurrduurrr PCMASTERRACE bollocks

Although it does seem a bit interesting, but it is said ofcourse that PC gaming is more expensive to start with, since a lot of pc gamers start with quite high end machines,  so it does make sense that the people who earn more do it more

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

hurrduurrr PCMASTERRACE bollocks

Although it does seem a bit interesting, but it is said ofcourse that PC gaming is more expensive so it does make sense that the people who earn more do it more

yea, if it wasnt for the fact that pc gaming is cheaper.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Where's the part about earning and spending?

Still this is good news for the economy since there's more money flowing...

yea, if it wasnt for the fact that pc gaming is cheaper.

The device itself isn't. Most pc gamers run quite expensive machines, more expensive then the average console atleast.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

It makes sense. Eve online isn't exactly a fun times for the kiddies sort of deal.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

The device itself isn't. Most pc gamers run quite expensive machines, more expensive then the average console atleast.

And? Is that supposed to mean that you can't make cheap machines?

Even if the initial hardware investment is higher i trust you know how much money is saved later...

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Proud to be a gamer. Luckily my parents provided me with funds for a good gaming system at this age. I started gaming at the age of 10. That too hardcore.

| CPU: Intel Core i5 8400 | Motherboard: MSI Z370 PC Pro | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 PLUS | GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 AMP! Edition | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz | PSU: Corsair VS650 | SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Monitor: Dell S2240L | OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 |

And? Is that supposed to mean that you can't make cheap machines?

Even if the initial hardware investment is higher i trust you know how much money is saved later...

That is not at all what I am saying. I do know that in the long term you probably save more money (also because a lot of people need a pc anyways), but when the initial investment is higher usually that scares off people, even if it saves money in the long term. 

And as I said, a lot of pc gamers go for higher end machines that cost more then consoles cost, so the initial investment do is higher, even if the long term isn't. 

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

I think this is like this because pc gamers trade thing (tf2, wow, csgo) for real cash and items at the correct price so we use this ability to get things for the right price in real life

as3yyrI.gif

You make my floppy a hard drive

How do they get the statistics? NSA?

Ahead of you

DSCF0001_edited-1.jpg

You make my floppy a hard drive

That's not true at all. There's way more people with "budget" systems than there are high-end PC's.

How do they get the statistics? NSA?

No, it's probably a survey of 1000 or so people that barely represents the whole of the country or the world. 

That's not true at all. There's way more people with "budget" systems than there are high-end PC's.

And are those budget systems still cheaper then a $400 console? I don't think many are, the average pc is about 500 I think (although this is guessing)

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

And are those budget systems still cheaper then a $400 console? I don't think many are, the average pc is about 500 I think (although this is guessing)

If you look on Steam for a majority of PC gamers, there's a huge chunk running Intel graphics.

If you look on Steam for a majority of PC gamers, there's a huge chunk running Intel graphics.

I know, i've seen those stats as well. But how expensive is a rig with Intel Graphics? I still think that is about if not above $400. And I also don't know how steam calculates their states, since I have steam on my main rig featuring a Nvidia gpu, but also 2 machines with only Intel iGPU's, not because i run so many games on those, but just because of the chat mainly. And I think that many people also have steam on their laptops, which feature intel igpu's a lot the time

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

PC master race

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Proud to be a gamer. Luckily my parents provided me with funds for a good gaming system at this age. I started gaming at the age of 10. That too hardcore.

Ha! Kids from the 90's started gaming as young as 6 :) 

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Actually "gamers" here in our country has a range of $400-500 pc. Given that they dont care about graphics. And their resolution are usually 1366x768(dont know if it's exact :P). Just sharing :)

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

I know, i've seen those stats as well. But how expensive is a rig with Intel Graphics? I still think that is about if not above $400. And I also don't know how steam calculates their states, since I have steam on my main rig featuring a Nvidia gpu, but also 2 machines with only Intel iGPU's, not because i run so many games on those, but just because of the chat mainly. And I think that many people also have steam on their laptops, which feature intel igpu's a lot the time

It depends. They can cost just as much as a console though. The ones that cost more probably have extras with it (bloatware or extra memory).

You can be poor and still own a high end PC. It just depends where you put your money into and what responsibilities you have. I earn pretty much nothing and I still manage to have a decent PC. But I have no responsibilities so it's ok to spend more than 1/4 of my money on my PC. Or roundabouts after paying all my debts off.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

It depends. They can cost just as much as a console though. The ones that cost more probably have extras with it (bloatware or extra memory).

Perhaps. But even if the majority of the gamers have systems that are about as expensive a console, a little bit more, and then a few that are less expensive, and quite a large amount that has machines that are more expensive, that means that on average, taking in regard all those people, the pc is more expensive then the console, as initial investment

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

Perhaps. But even if the majority of the gamers have systems that are about as expensive a console, a little bit more, and then a few that are less expensive, and quite a large amount that has machines that are more expensive, that means that on average, taking in regard all those people, the pc is more expensive then the console, as initial investment

Yeah but the big picture is you'll spend less compared to console gaming in the long run. Which is why PC is the master race.