PC gamers earn (and spend) more than the rest...

Yeah but the big picture is you'll spend less compared to console gaming in the long run. Which is why PC is the master race.

As I said before, that is not my point, the initial investment is larger, which scares people with less money to spend off, since the initial investment in a console is smaller, even if it means that in the long run it is more expensive. So there fore I think that it isn't that strange that people with more money are more into pc gaming, since they can afford the initial investment more easily.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

You have to look at the comparison chart so see which GPU's are the most popular too. I wouldn't just go off that one chart no matter what it says.

Edit: something else to take into account too is that there's an option to opt out/opt in that system spec data gathering, so there could be people who haven't reported their hardware.

As I said before, that is not my point, the initial investment is larger, which scares people with less money to spend off, since the initial investment in a console is smaller, even if it means that in the long run it is more expensive. So there fore I think that it isn't that strange that people with more money are more into pc gaming, since they can afford the initial investment more easily.

Ya totes. Wasn't implying it's strange because I put myself in their shoes when I used to think it wasn't worth it to get into PC gaming. But when I experienced 60fps I couldn't go back, haha.

I converted my brother and a friend that way.

Edit: had to fix a couple typos. SwiftKey is being weird today.

No, it's probably a survey of 1000 or so people that barely represents the whole of the country or the world. 

Actually Jayztwocents talked about it in techtalk and the number is substantially bigger.I can't remember the number though.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Actually Jayztwocents talked about it in techtalk and the number is substantially bigger.I can't remember the number though.

I still don't think it's enough to represent the entire population. It's not much of a survey anyway, most of us have computers that cost two to three times more than a console and upgrade them every year :P that ain't cheap.

I still don't think it's enough to represent the entire population. It's not much of a survey anyway, most of us have computers that cost two to three times more than a console and upgrade them every year :P that ain't cheap.

As it meant to be. PCMR!

I like your signature though,so true!

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Well with the hierarchical structure of gaming with pc gamers at the top it makes since for as we are the masters of the peasants.

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

if "us" is reffering to us gamers than that's false. If it is referring to this forum it might be true.

i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz 1.37v, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid, Asus z370-A Prime

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Samsung 960 Evo 256GB, Samsung 850Pro 1TB, WD 3TB HDD

NZXT H440 White, Corsair H100i GTX v2, EVGA 750G2

Corsair AF140 x1, Corsair SP120 x2, Noctua Industrial 3000 RPM x3

It's cheaper long term, more expensive short.

well PC games are more likely to upgrade their hardware before console gamers (8-10 years between console generations) and their GPUs alone are almost as much as an entire console.

It is hard to judge though because who doesn't own a PC these days. Console gamers still most likely own a PC but less likely one that can run the latest Elder Scrolls or battlefield game.

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

Ahead of you

-snip

STOP TAKING PICTURES OF ME!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Also this:

Glorious+Schengen+area+countries+master+

Not only are we sexier than the peasants, we're richer on average. Go team

#PCMASTERRACE

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

There's no need for this argument over whether or not PC gaming is cheaper or more expensive than console gaming.

PC gaming can be cheaper, it can be the same price, or it can be more expensive. It all depends on how much the person wants to spend on their system and their games.. One of the benefits of PC gaming is that you have the ability to fully control the cost of both the hardware and software (with steam sales/etc), when console gamers are stuck paying fixed prices on pretty much everything..

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

One of the benefits of PC gaming is that you have the ability to fully control the cost of both the hardware and software (with steam sales/etc), when console gamers are stuck paying fixed prices on pretty much everything..

Uh, what? No? Anyone can wait for real life/PSN/XBL sales in the exact same way. Normally a $60 game is $20 in a couple of months naturally, but then when sales kick in you can get games for even cheaper.

Same with hardware; sales and price drops happen all the time.

Ha! Kids from the 90's started gaming as young as 6 :)

I meant hardcore. Smaller games on mobile devices and consoles was started way back.

| CPU: Intel Core i5 8400 | Motherboard: MSI Z370 PC Pro | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 PLUS | GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 AMP! Edition | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz | PSU: Corsair VS650 | SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Monitor: Dell S2240L | OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 |

Uh, what? No? Anyone can wait for real life/PSN/XBL sales in the exact same way. Normally a $60 game is $20 in a couple of months naturally, but then when sales kick in you can get games for even cheaper.

Same with hardware; sales and price drops happen all the time.

In all my years on consoles I don't recall ever seeing sales like these.

Loh5Cd2.png

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

If you look on Steam for a majority of PC gamers, there's a huge chunk running Intel graphics.

The steam software doesn't know how to account for systems with multiple GPUs inside. It's not at all reliable. And people who actually use Intel Hd graphics to game (Iris 5200 excluded) are totally casuals.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

You do a full build every year, or just GPU upgrades? If you can't make a system last 7 years and have it do so WELL, you shouldn't build a PC. My dad just replaced his Q6600 build, and that was when they first came out in 06.

My 4960x is lasting until Cannonlake/E come hell or high water as a minimum. If Intel hasn't implemented equal-citizen scheduling, I'll still wait to upgrade until Cannonlake's successor.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

computer engineering and careers that deal with computers just typically pay more than other jobs that americans seem to qualify for nowadays *coughcoughfastfoodcoughcough*

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

computer engineering and careers that deal with computers just typically pay more than other jobs that americans seem to qualify for nowadays *coughcoughfastfoodcoughcough*

Despite the fact the leading engineers are still American or went to American universities at the very least.

Despite the fact the leading engineers are still American or went to American universities at the very least.

true but then again those people are of a very low percentage of the population. not everyone grows up to be a graphic and computing engineer and to take it further, not everyone likes computers :P

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

not everyone likes computers :P

If you were born after 1980 and don't like computers, there's something wrong with you.

If you were born after 1980 and don't like computers, there's something wrong with you.

theyre scawyyyy to some people :c

Being affluent is only $69K per year?  I make more than this by myself, and I even left my job recently to find somewhere that pays even more (currently on a number of contracts that collectively out-pays my current salary).

I never knew I was such an affluent, pompous a-hole. :)

Being affluent is only $69K per year?  I make more than this by myself, and I even left my job recently to find somewhere that pays even more (currently on a number of contracts that collectively out-pays my current salary).

I never knew I was such an affluent, pompous a-hole. :)

Holy shit, I'm swimming in the affluenza pool over here as well. 

Lets compare pool sizes and the stacks of the money under our fancy space beds while we laugh at the poors from our thrones of solid gold. 

This is certainly interesting

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1