PC gamers earn (and spend) more than the rest...

yea, if it wasnt for the fact that pc gaming is cheaper.

because a 400$ console once every 5+ years is so much more expensive than a 600$ gaming pc where you're forced to upgrade the gpu atleast every 2 years if you want to stay away from all low settings. Wait a minute.... that makes no sense.

because a 400$ console once every 5+ years is so much more expensive than a 600$ gaming pc where you're forced to upgrade the gpu atleast every 2 years if you want to stay away from all low settings. Wait a minute.... that makes no sense.

Exept the 400$ console will run below pc "low" settings before it hits 5 years.

In 1 or 2 years the PS4 and Xboner will be probably playing pc "low" settings at 900p or 720p 30fps.

A GTX750ti can do 1080p 60fps in most games (some graphical compromise).

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1130

Metro:LL very high, 1080p, avg 30fps, low 1080p avg 60fps.

The next gen consoles don't do that and will never do.

A GTX 560TI can do an avg of 30fps on Metro LL at high settings in 1080p.

And 49fps avg on Bioshock Infinite at ultra 1080p.

Remember, they will not allways do it, but they have the ability to do it in certain circunstances.

What's my point you ask? You are really underestimating the power of pc hardware nowadays and overestimating the consoles.

That's true , But the real kicker is how you spend your money.

You provably can keep with the good settings with a 240$ GPU every 2 Years.

And a 320$ CPU and motherboard combo every 6 Years.

100$ in RAM every 6 years

60$ in storage Every 4 Years.

70$ New PSU every 10 years (Is this even Nessasary

120$ a year for GPU

53$ a year for CPU and new mobo

16$ a year for RAM

15$ a year for storage

7$ in PSU

At high settings.

Every summer sale you can get 6-18 Games for 80$ depending on how good the game is and if they have Packs of games.

Enough games for the Year, Unless you wanna go buy more.

Total spending= 291$ A year.

But on console

291$=

60$ for Subscription,

60$ Per game,

400$ console in 7 years. (57 a year)

You get $174 Left over after the subscription, enough for roughly 3 Games

Or 4 Games if you don't buy the subscription, little better.

Or 8 Games if bought used.

So it is Very similar in terms of pricing.

So PC gaming is Not significantly Cheaper or More expensive then console gaming.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

Exept the 400$ console will run below pc "low" settings before it hits 5 years.

In 1 or 2 years the PS4 and Xboner will be probably playing pc "low" settings at 900p or 720p 30fps.

A GTX750ti can do 1080p 60fps in most games (some graphical compromise).

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1130

Metro:LL very high, 1080p, avg 30fps, low 1080p avg 60fps.

The next gen consoles don't do that and will never do.

A GTX 560TI can do an avg of 30fps on Metro LL at high settings in 1080p.

And 49fps avg on Bioshock Infinite at ultra 1080p.

Remember, they will not allways do it, but they have the ability to do it in certain circunstances.

What's my point you ask? You are really underestimating the power of pc hardware nowadays and overestimating the consoles.

lel. still don't get it. It's ok, most people don't understand 400$ < 600$.

this is true. i know of many people who buy quad titans and they are obviously rich. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

What a stupidly flawed interpretation of statistics, I can't believe you guys are even discussing it let alone arguing about it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

-snip-

Oh I see. So you calculate only cod and battlefield for the consoles, but the pc player won't ever do that right?

Well isn't that a flawed analysis. I never knew consoles NEVER had sales or cheaper games, and they only have games that force you at gunpoint to buy dlc subscriptions. And pc doesn't even have an subscription model available.

Oh wait, both have both, and consoles even have f2p games.

You provably can keep with the good settings with a 240$ GPU every 2 Years.

And a 320$ CPU and motherboard combo every 6 Years.

100$ in RAM every 6 years

60$ in storage Every 4 Years.

70$ New PSU every 10 years (Is this even Nessasary

120$ a year for GPU

53$ a year for CPU and new mobo

16$ a year for RAM

15$ a year for storage

7$ in PSU

At high settings.

Every summer sale you can get 6-18 Games for 80$ depending on how good the game is and if they have Packs of games.

Enough games for the Year, Unless you wanna go buy more.

Total spending= 291$ A year.

But on console

291$=

60$ for Subscription,

60$ Per game,

400$ console in 7 years. (57 a year)

You get $174 Left over after the subscription, enough for roughly 3 Games

Or 4 Games if you don't buy the subscription, little better.

Or 8 Games if bought used.

So it is Very similar in terms of pricing.

So PC gaming is Not significantly Cheaper or More expensive then console gaming.

Your math is off. PC gamers pay $60 per game, too. 90% of video game sales are in the first week of a title launch. That's when the majority of gamers: PC or Console, buy their games.

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

I'm keen to be earning part of the "earning-more" club but I'd rather stay out of the "spend-more" club.

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

I'm keen to be earning part of the "earning-more" club but I'd rather stay out of the "spend-more" club.

Exactly, being price gouged by Nvidia and Intel is nothing to be proud about.

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

Oh I see. So you calculate only cod and battlefield for the consoles, but the pc player won't ever do that right?

Well isn't that a flawed analysis. I never knew consoles NEVER had sales or cheaper games, and they only have games that force you at gunpoint to buy dlc subscriptions. And pc doesn't even have an subscription model available.

Oh wait, both have both, and consoles even have f2p games.

Calm you Poops ,

This is a rough Example.

Obviously despends on the person and all these things are Unquantifiable.

>Price depends on game to game on PC, PC games on average are Cheaper.

>Costs depend on person to person, Some people buy new, Some people wait for prices to go down.

> Costs depend on Genre and Development

> I included if you don't buy a subscription , but People do in fact buy these and that is a valid cost. Its not fair if I assume you don't buy them on Console.

>Some people don't need to upgrade there computer and are fine with playing League of legends on some 2011 Computer at 720p at 30fps at Low settings.

>Consoles aren't always released every 7 years , this time around they might get a Xbox 2 and a PS5 sooner since they aren't handling 60FPS.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

The PC Master Race™ once again proves to be on top of the food chain!

Lol, hope you're kidding.  

Hardcore gamers tend to spend more on games and the needed hardware than casuals? No shit. Who would have thought...

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

As someone in the Engadget comments said it best, people who are passionate about there hobby spend more money on it. No big surprise.

Ok then as someone who games soooooo little he might as well not game at all (that is if you call pulling out Minecraft when bored like you would with a bucket of lego) Why aren't i loaded?

I assume these numbers include the "pc gamers" that play facebook games and similar right? Keep that into account. For an adult, who buys a highend macbook pro, to play facebook candy crush, will skew the numbers.

Other than that, it makes sense. A pc costs more than a console, to be fairly powerful for gaming.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Holy shit, I'm swimming in the affluenza pool over here as well. 

Lets compare pool sizes and the stacks of the money under our fancy space beds while we laugh at the poors from our thrones of solid gold. 

Lets.

You see, PC people help the economy.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I'm not surprised. Pc gaming is more expensive to start out in initially and with stream sales and digital versions of games hit a cheaper price much sooner than console makes pc gamers by more games more often. I myself fall into that black hole where I buy pc games because of the price despite my playing more console games because I can't be bothered sitting at a desk playing a game after a 36 hour double shift

I would love to see a spending chart comparing age groups and men vs women in mobile gaming. Microtransactions in games like candy crush and farmville must be astronomical. 

It's true I, as a pc gamer, earn and spend much more than my friends 14 year old son, a console gamer.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers