So, GabeN and NVIDIA teamed up...

LukaP

for h264 encoder you bae...

Psh.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Which was false?

if youre bringing up the gameworks and ubisoft thing, then that. because nvidia stated that they dont not allow amd the look at the game code, they only dont allow them a look into the gameworks, which is a perfectly reasonable thing. i dont want you looking at my commercial code either

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

if youre bringing up the gameworks and ubisoft thing, then that. because nvidia stated that they dont not allow amd the look at the game code, they only dont allow them a look into the gameworks, which is a perfectly reasonable thing. i dont want you looking at my commercial code either

Edited my last post, i was referring to the compiler thing they did. Here is a link showing the "cripple AMD" funciton from their compiler. Here is the settlement for the lawsuit, which was settled in '09.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Nvidia have always sucked corporate dick. You remeber how they used to use underhand tactics, like embedded code to make programs run worse on AMD hardware? And how they gave companies big rebates to use their hardware over their competitor?

As a company, i dislike their business ethics in that regard. But they do still make good products, that i won't argue with.

so yes, in your opinion AMD never suck dick and only Nvidia do because they are evil, and have to to get in front.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Edited my last post, i was referring to the compiler thing they did. Here is a link showing the "cripple AMD" funciton from their compiler. Here is the settlement for the lawsuit, which was settled in '09.

wasnt that intel? or did they both do it? and AMD would do that too, if they were on top, dont live in an utopia, these are common corporate tactics

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

so yes, in your opinion AMD never suck dick and only Nvidia do because they are evil, and have to to get in front.

seems pretty fanboi to me...

wasnt that intel? or did they both do it? and AMD would do that too, if they were on top, dont live in an utopia, these are common corporate tactics

Edit: feck, i keep thinking Intel own Nvidia.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Meh, i keep referring to Nvidia/Intel by both names, since Intel now own them. I forget they used to be seperate. Derp  <_<

where did you pull this one out of? intel has nothing to do with nv, apart from licencing their (i think) tesla gpu design for their IGPU

where did you pull this one out of? intel has nothing to do with nv, apart from licencing their (i think) tesla gpu design for their IGPU

Aye, just realized after checking google. I keep forgetting Intel didn't buy them out like how AMD bought ATi. I'm gonna go smack myself silly for this fuckup, brb.

Edit: feck, i keep thinking Intel own Nvidia.

what?  Intel don't own Nvidia.

edit: Phew, for a moment there I thought the shit's gunna hit the fan.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

what?  Intel don't own Nvidia.

Aye, just realized after checking google. I keep forgetting Intel didn't buy them out like how AMD bought ATi. I'm gonna go smack myself silly for this fuckup, brb.

Valve bragging all over the place with SteamOS being free and open... Now the streaming is a propriatary feature?

Are they serious?

Why did I put high hopes on it...

The way it's meant to be played... pfft.

Nvidia's slogan should be "sorry about your wallet!"

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Sounds like Nvidia's desperate attempt to not get phased out by OpenCL and Mantle and stuff like that.

How can Nvidia get phased out by Mantle when supposedly AMD will share it with the entire world free of charge when its out of beta? Also, OpenCL??? Seriously???? Not even AMD thinks that developers will use OpenCL. Nothing will replace DirectX until Microsoft chooses not to support and develop it any more. Stuff like CUDA and OpenCL will stay limited to things like professional rendering.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

I guess this is to be expected...maybe? Correct me if I'm wrong but a lot of the announced Steam boxes are nVidia. (Note: Some had an AMD GPU option I think)

Project Restomod (In progress)

The way it's meant to be played... pfft.

Nvidia's slogan should be "sorry about your wallet!"

please do explain as Nvidia's kinda cheaper here in South Africa than AMD is.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

Has it already been done like is there an update out or do we have to wait?

Glad to see the so called "Nvidia Premium" being put to good use.

As long as Nvidia offers the best experience for gaming/work use I will continue to buy their products.

please do explain as Nvidia's kinda cheaper here in South Africa than AMD is.

Specifically, nvidia has the reputation of gouging its customers. Honestly, I'm actually quite shocked to hear that nvidia is cheaper for you in south Africa because for the most part, nvidia's expensive everywhere.

For example, an r9 290 is on par with the gtx 780 in terms of performance yet it costs 100-150 dollars more. Simply put, nvidia thinks they have a fucking monopoly.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

but who cares about the past. in the past, the 480 was a power hog and heat producer. are nvidia still very inefficient? nope.

remember the old saying "Nvidia house fire"? Yeah I'm pretty sure it goes something like "AMD wildfire" now.

Half Life 3 included with GTX 800 series CONFIRMED! xD 

Good god I hope so! I'll be picking up a 880.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

I still like AMD's cards better.  Right now, they are simply priced better.

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

not quite true, nvidia has decent linux drivers.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

Glad to see the so called "Nvidia Premium" being put to good use.

As long as Nvidia offers the best experience for gaming/work use I will continue to buy their products.

Now this is a marketing post if I've ever seen one.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling