So, GabeN and NVIDIA teamed up...

LukaP

Shut up. You are the reason steam fanboys look stupid

Get mad kid. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

*facepalm*

Enderman was right. You can't have a laugh with anyone anymore. Jeez learn to joke. kid. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Watching the WAN archive, love how @LinusTech talks about it, yet doesnt mention this thread :P #notbutthurtatall

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Nvidia sucking another corporate cock to get another one-up against AMD. 

You do realize AMD is only 30% of the GPU market and only was above Nvidia when they skipped the 300 series?

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Shut up. You are the reason steam fanboys look stupid

hes the reason Half-Life 3 doesn't exist

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Watching the WAN archive, love how @LinusTech talks about it, yet doesnt mention this thread :P #notbutthurtatall

There's way too many idiots in here for him to risk drawing attention to it. :o

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

There's way too many idiots in here for him to risk drawing attention to it. :o

fair point :P the hashtag is complete truth tho... i was just happy when he announced the topic, and then nothing :P

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

hes the reason Half-Life 3 doesn't exist

I am indeed

Today's steam client beta update had the following notes

• Added support for AMD VCE hardware encoding of D3D games. This is supported with the latest AMD drivers on the following video cards: Radeon HD 79xx, Radeon HD 78xx, Radeon HD 77xx, R9 295x, R9 290x/290, R9 280x/280, R9 270x/270, R7 265, R7 260x/260, R7 250x. To enable it, go to the remote computer and enable hardware encoding in the advanced host options.
  • Added support for NVIDIA ShadowPlay, which enables hardware accelerated OpenGL capture. To enable it, go to the remote computer, enable ShadowPlay in the GeForce Experience and go to Steam and enable hardware encoding in the advanced host options.
  • Added support for streaming from Linux hosts

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta#announcements

I guess the hardware accelerated encoding now works on both AMD and Nvidia.

So all the angry posts in this thread were maybe a bit silly of us. :)