So, GabeN and NVIDIA teamed up...

LukaP

Well we all know a little Canadian who's gonna be all over this.

As to all the haters AMD's cards are gonna be able to do this as well. And NO! This is not about APIs at all where are you getting that from?

Great stuff this is.

Specifically, nvidia has the reputation of gouging its customers. Honestly, I'm actually quite shocked to hear that nvidia is cheaper for you in south Africa because for the most part, nvidia's expensive everywhere.

For example, an r9 290 is on par with the gtx 780 in terms of performance yet it costs 100-150 dollars more. Simply put, nvidia thinks they have a fucking monopoly.

Its not price gouging when the products deliver as advertised, or when the direct competitor's product is so horrible in comparison that their only option is to price their product low enough to give any justification for using it.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

Its not price gouging when the products deliver as advertised, or when the direct competitor's product is so horrible in comparison that their only option is to price their product low enough to give any justification for using it.

And R9 290 compared to GTX 780 is horrible in which way?

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

Honestly I've been using Steam's in-home streaming to play Divinity: Original Sin, and providing I don't move too far from my router and maintain a decent connection It is a perfectly stable and lag-free experience.

It's so nice being able to chill on the couch or in bed and I'm playing on my gaming laptop, except my PC is doing the gruntwork and churning out the highest fidelity and the laptop remains cool and silent.

Half Life 3 included with GTX 800 series CONFIRMED! xD 

Surprise!!!!! 800 series canceled skipping to 900.

Nvidia sucking another corporate cock to get another one-up against AMD. 

I actually don't have a problem with this

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

HL3 jokes were never funny, stahp it.

Nvidia sucking another corporate cock to get another one-up against AMD. 

That's business unfortunately. Could say the same thing about AMD and mantle support in BF4

The Phoenix | i7 3930K 4.6Ghz | Z79A-GD45 Plus | 2 x GTX 780 SLI | 16GB Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz | Two 240GB Samsung 840s | 1.5TB Western Digital Caviar Green HDD | Silverstone TJ07 | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop

Streaming PC/LAN Rig | i7 920 3Ghz | Biostar X58 T-Power | GTX 460 1024Mb | 8GB XMS3 1333Mhz | 120GB Corsair SSD | Avermedia Live gamer HD C985 

Surprise!!!!! 800 series canceled skipping to 900.

Surprise that is from BS sources :3 

No, "at times" means sometimes it's bad, sometimes it's good. Nothing about their current state.

The fact you said

Although i'm sure AMD/ATI's drivers havn't always been up to scratch at times.

This part of the sentence implies that you are not completely 100% sure. It implies that you were not around or aware of the times that they weren't up to scratch. But you should be 100% sure if they aren't good now. This therefore implies that they are either good now or you don't know what you're talking about. :D

(jk, don't take this post seriously :))

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

The fact you said

This part of the sentence implies that you are not completely 100% sure. It implies that you were not around or aware of the times that they weren't up to scratch. But you should be 100% sure if they aren't good now. This therefore implies that they are either good now or you don't know what you're talking about. :D

(jk, don't take this post seriously :))

Stop kicking a head horse.

I have not tried every version if the Linux drivers produced by both companies so i can't say with certainty when they have been good or bad, but from a small bit of experience using Linux, and numerous reports by others on the net, both companies have had their ups and downs in regards to their driver support. 

It never implied either company's driver is doing particularly good now, and i was only ever referring to the past, not present.

Now, shoo.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Stop kicking a head horse.

I have not tried every version if the Linux drivers produced by both companies so i can't say with certainty when they have been good or bad, but from a small bit of experience using Linux, and numerous reports by others on the net, both companies have had their ups and downs in regards to their driver support. 

It never implied either company's driver is doing particularly good now, and i was only ever referring to the past, not present.

Now, shoo.

Ah so you it means that you don't know what you're talking about.

(Again jk)

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Ah so you it means that you don't know what you're talking about.

(Again jk)

760029144.jpg

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Sounds like Nvidia's desperate attempt to not get phased out by OpenCL and Mantle and stuff like that.

Hard to get phased out by something that barely exists. Ooh support for like 4 games, so scary.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Hard to get phased out by something that barely exists. Ooh support for like 4 games, so scary.

Because it's totally realistic to have 125248959 games supporting it when it's pretty new.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Because it's totally realistic to have 125248959 games supporting it when it's pretty new.

Been out for over a year to my knowledge and all you ever see is "confirmation of support" not to mention the bf4 players using it have complained that it's terrible. Granted bf4 is terrible regardless.

You get what you pay for *shrug*

Doesn't this remind you of PhysX?

Doesn't this remind you of PhysX?

No not really, since I own a few titles that actually use it. Although they are similar in that both really muck fuck all difference in a game, not sure why people are getting so blown up about mantle.

No not really, since I own a few titles that actually use it. Although they are similar in that both really muck fuck all difference in a game, not sure why people are getting so blown up about mantle.

There are only a few. 

I want Mantle to succeed whether it be on its own (unlikely) or as a part of openGL (still pretty unlikely but we can always hope). We need competition to drive innovation and having a feasible alternative to DirectX would be a great shakeup to not only the games industry but also the OS industry. I don't like the way windows is going. The further windows moves away from desktop and towards mobile, the more anxious I get. It would be fine if they would use two separate OS's for the two but god only knows what MS will come up with for 9.

There are only a few. 

I want Mantle to succeed whether it be on its own (unlikely) or as a part of openGL (still pretty unlikely but we can always hope). We need competition to drive innovation and having a feasible alternative to DirectX would be a great shakeup to not only the games industry but also the OS industry. I don't like the way windows is going. The further windows moves away from desktop and towards mobile, the more anxious I get. It would be fine if they would use two separate OS's for the two but god only knows what MS will come up with for 9.

Ok, you got me there. Their obsession with mobile is pissing me off as well, as if people wanted to devote thousands of dollars to a mobile gaming library.

Surprise that is from BS sources :3 

Didn't realize videocardz was considered a BS source.

not quite true, nvidia has decent linux drivers.

" Although i'm sure AMD/ATI's drivers havn't always been up to scratch at times." implies that they are good now. Nvidia one ups AMD in the Linux dept. hands down. It's obvious you hated on Nvidia for no particular reason instead of thinking that moving forward is good and that this might open the bridge to linux gaming.

Yeah, about that...

Yeah, about that...

Fast forward to today and now Nvidia has some kind of partnership with Valve that really tries to push out Linux gaming. Out of  all companies in the world, those aren't the ones you should be mad for not supporting Linux.

Fast forward to today and now Nvidia has some kind of partnership with Valve that really tries to push out Linux gaming. Out of  all companies in the world, those aren't the ones you should be mad for not supporting Linux.

Pushing Linux gaming by locking the streaming feature to NVIDIA proprietary GPUs? Please.

The OS that got us excited for being free, now has proprietary crap? This makes sense? I was expecting it to be the neutral ground, yet it's just going to be the same old bullshit.